“Fantastic experience”

Ranked #120 of 12,359 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: View, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Campo Marzio
Description: Hours: Dinner: 7:00 pm - 10:30 pm. Open 7 days a week. Chef Francesco Apreda
Fremont, California
“Fantastic experience”
Reviewed 18 August 2014

This is a special restaurant. From zipping up the elevator to being greeted in the restaurant to the impeccable service to the fantastic view nothing is to be desired. One feels very well taken care of when visiting. And that's doesn't even consider the food which is creative and innovative and of the highest quality. There were amuse-bouche served on Sichuan peppercorns and a wide range of choices with a focus on fresh seafood.

We chose the tasting menu - it's often a great way to get familiar with the range that a restaurant offers. It was actually more food than we needed even though not a single portion was large and I always wanted more of each.

I won't list the wide range of foods but will note that each choice was superb by itself and in the progression of dishes they served. And I'll make a special note about the marshmallows with the dessert. Yes, I know marshmallows don't strike most of us as fine dining, but these were not one's campfire-roasted marshmallows - they were from another planet. It's that kind of innovation with common ingredients that was a hallmark of each and every dish we were served. It's not so much about the ingredients (though the balsamic that tasted like a cherry reduction might be an exception) as it is about the creativity in how the ingredients are used.

Yes, presentation was consistently spectacular but never became the centerpiece of any dish.

This is a special place best chosen for special occasions.

• Visited August 2014
2 Thank BMacNaughton
DirezioneHassler, General Manager at Imago at the Hassler, responded to this review, 8 September 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a lovely review and for having chosen to dine at our Michelin starred restaurant Imàgo. I am very pleased to know how much you appreciated our Chef’s careful attention and dedication to serving high quality creative and innovative dishes.

Selecting the tasting menu is truly a great way to acquaint oneself with the variety of dishes proposed by the Chef. Thank you for all your compliments. It will be a pleasure to pass on your words of praise to the Chef and his team.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Imàgo on many a special occasion!

Greetings from the Eternal City!

Kind Regards,

• Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Los Angeles, California
“Above rome”
Reviewed 23 July 2014 via mobile

Very high end meal with amazing view. Surprisingly not pretentious for the price point. The view just makes you feel amazing and is Worth the money alone!

DirezioneHassler, General Manager at Imago at the Hassler, responded to this review, 30 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to dine at our panoramic restaurant Imàgo. I am very pleased to know how much you enjoyed the beautiful view and how it was the highlight of your dining experience.

I do hope you will return to dine at Imàgo soon in order to enjoy the view and the ever changing light on the rooftops of Rome in the seasons to come!

Greetings from the Eternal City!

Baltimore, Maryland
“Eating above Rome”
Reviewed 18 July 2014

The doors of the elevators to the sixth floor open and the feeling is very different from where you just came. The place is elegant place, busy, but not noise, the staff ever-moving to provide service to the costumers. The tables have ample space form each other, so you do not feel like you eat on top of your neighbor. The servers were very polite and tried to be helpful explaining what we were served. Of course, the view is magnificent. We had a table next to the window which helps, although I think that even the tables in the middle of the restaurant still have a good view of Rome. This is a place that pays attention to the detail. Even the menus are different. Some have the price for each item and given to the person at the table that will pay the bill (or assumed to be the one to pay the bill), while the rest receive menus without any prices on. Most of the food that we ordered tasted good and had innovating presentation, like a desert that comes within an eatable, transparent sphere that needs to be broken before being able to access the rest of the desert (Luna …. effervescenza di frutta). The wine list was excellent, we had a great wine from veneto. However, there were two things that will prevent me from giving a perfect score. The first was that for some reason we did not get to order the bottle of the wine until the middle of our first plate. We had an Italian speaking person with us, so I am not sure I buy that we said ‘no’ to drinks when we were asked. The second was related to my main course. I had the veal fillet in hay casserole, seared watermelon and whitebait. The meat was cooked as I ordered it, but the tastes did not add up well. Perhaps it is a personal thing, but I although I will take people at this place again, I will not go there if I were alone and wanted to focus on the food. Most costumers the night I went were not Italian.

• Visited July 2014
DirezioneHassler, General Manager at Imago at the Hassler, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having shared comments about your dining experience at our panoramic restaurant Imàgo.

I am very pleased to know that you particularly enjoyed the elegant atmosphere and view of the Eternal City accompanied by the innovative dishes prepared by our Chef. I will be very glad to inform our Chef Francesco Apreda and his team in regards to your appreciative comments.

I was however sorry to learn about the problem you encountered when ordering your wine and that your main course dish was not to your complete satisfaction. I will speak to our Chef about this and I do hope that you will dine at Imàgo again in the near future in order to try several of the other proposed dishes.

Greetings from Rome!

Rio de Janeiro, RJ
“Not only the view”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

As soon as you arrive at the sixth floor of this splendorous hotel, you feel amazed by the view through the windows. Rome is at your feet. From the Vatican to the monument to Victor Emmanuel, everything is there!
And you feel completely happy, fulfilled, by the elegant, inspirational food you are served. Professional and friendly ambiance, we miss it already.
Not to miss. Try to ask for a table at one of the windows.

• Visited July 2014
2 Thank carlosmp
DirezioneHassler, General Manager at Imago at the Hassler, responded to this review, 16 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having taken the time to share your comments about your dining experience at Imàgo.

I am very pleased to know that you particularly enjoyed the view from our panoramic restaurant and that the beauty of the Eternal City, accompanied by the dishes prepared by our Chef Apreda, created a very memorable and happy moment for you.

Thank you for all your kind compliments. I will be very glad to inform our Chef Francesco Apreda and his team about your appreciative comments.

I hope you will have many more opportunities to visit Imàgo in the near future as we look forward to welcoming you once again!

Greetings from Rome!

Sydney, Australia
“Hard To Fault”
Reviewed 25 June 2014

Incredible views over Rome, more than matched by superb service. Probably a little to fussy for average tastes.

Visited June 2014
DirezioneHassler, General Manager at Imago at the Hassler, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for having chosen to dine at our restaurant Imàgo during your stay in Rome.

I was delighted to learn that you enjoyed the view of Rome as well as the professional service of our staff.

I hope you will have the opportunity of returning to dine at Imàgo again in the near future!

Greetings from the Eternal City and kind regards,