“Great Restaurant ”

Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Monti
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Found this quaint restaurant just around the corner from our hotel, Rome Times. We were sat down promptly and given our menus. The waiter was very polite and understood English. It consisted a variety deferent tastes from appetizers, they have a very large anti pasta bar, seafood, beef and of course a variety of pastas. While sitting down they brought in fresh vegetables. How fresher can it be to eat that. We both had the vegetable soup. Well it was fantastic. It had a large variety of fresh ingredients in it. Next we had the beef with porcini mushrooms, salad and roasted potatoes. It was excellent. The price was fair for the fine fresh cuisine we had.

When we arrived there were only a few patrons but I would say within 45 minutes the place was becoming full. What does that say about it.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,210)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

This was one of the restaurants nestled in the Monti neighborhood, which was in close proximity to our hotel. When you walk into the restaurant, there is a nice room for tables but then the other rooms inside are more stuffy especially by the antipasti buffet. Always request for the outdoor dining area which was much more comfortable especially at night.
The bruschetta was one of the best we had on our trip in Rome and they had a delicious house vino rosso. The service was acceptable but nothing to rave about. The majority of people in the restaurant were tourist but there were a few locals. I was a little disappointed with their pasti especially the ones that we ordered. Were they good? Yes, but for the use of cheese, they definitely firmed up pretty quickly. I did ask what were some of the specialty pastas and so they just gave me Cacio e pepe. I mean...I do love pasta, pepper, and cheese but that's so simple. Are you telling me that the lasagna isn't better?

If anything, go there for the ambiance of outdoor setting with zero worry of cars going by, order some wine, grab a few antipasti and call it a night.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The worst pasta all’Amatriciana I ever had in Roma.
Very touristic place. But such poor quality
Really disappointing

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We asked the front desk of our hotel and they recommend this restaurant. It was a few blocks away and we were so happy with the entire experience. It was a beautiful outside terrace inside, not on the sidewalk.
We had appetizers, bruschette, Caprese, and spinach. All generous portions and delicious,
Then Fusilli, fettuccine , Bombolotti, every dish was fantastic!! Tiramisu for desert and wine.
4 people was only 98 euro! I highly recommend this gem.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We stumbled upon this place trying to get a bite off the main drag and near Colosseum. My pasta dish which was the al Greci was one of the best I had in Italy. Other pasta dishes like carbonara, ragu and pomodoro were basic but very well prepared. Veal saltimbocca was good though not best. Water was super fresh for some reason. This was a small quiet dining room and the service was good. Big antipasti buffet for those interested.

Been to Al Boschetto restaurant? Share your experiences!