“A definite highlight of our trip to Rome”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Vino Roma

Vino Roma
Ranked #4 of 62 Classes & Workshops in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: A wine experience like no other! Wine is an important part of Italian culture. At VinoRoma wine tastings/seminars we give you the key to understanding Italian wines and your taste so you can continue exploring on your own, too. Not intimidating, stuffy or confusing - a lot of fun and very insightful! Nice side effect: you will learn a lot about food, too!Drink wine. Not too much. Mostly Italian.
Useful Information: Wheelchair access
London, UK
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“A definite highlight of our trip to Rome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 October 2008

An excellent, relaxed couple of hours were spent in the capable hands of Hande, an expert sommelier and the perfect tutor/host of this intimate seminar-style event. My partner and I joined another 7 people for a introduction to wine tasting with a focus on Italian wines. The specific session was tailored on the day to suit the group's differing but fairly basic knowledge and experience. Beginners were made to feel very welcome but nobody was patronised.

Highly recommended.

1 Thank sp00kygirl

• Polish first
  • Turkish first
california
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“There is no reason to not try vino roma”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2008

I and three friends recently attended a vino roma wine tasting while in Rome in August. Hande, was the absolute perfect sommelier for the evening, able to adapt to our different levels in wine experience. She made booking the event totally easy, and was a divine hostess. If you are extremely experienced with wine, she is right there with you....and if you are a total beginner she is also perfect. If you don't care about wine at all, this is still a different and incredibly enjoyable way to spend an evening in the eternal city. Everyone should try!

2 Thank derek111
Rome, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“wow, really a different wine tasting!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 August 2008

Ok, we had read the reviews from the other tripadvisor members, but this is really very good.

We have done something like this in Paris a couple of years ago but liked this one a lot better. Hande, the sommelier, is really a very nice person and she has a way of "injecting" her immense knowledge and passion into your head without you even realizing you are learning something. You just sit in this beautiful, cool (sooo important in Rome in the summer, believe me!) room (almost worth the money only to see it!), and drink great wines you didn't even know existed. Or you thought you didn't like them! In our group were 3 "I drink only red" persons (another plus: it seems like only very nice people go to Hande!) and in the end all were like "where can I buy this white wine, I love it!"

People, if you drink wine you have to visit this wine tasting. Now we can go into our wine shop and actually say some intelligible sentences about the kind of wine we would like to have. And: This is nothing like the California wine rooms, a totally new experience!

3 Thank leilui
Lausanne
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Fun Wine Tasting!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 June 2008

I didn't know that wine tasting could be that entertaining and laidback.
First of all, Hande (our sommelier) welcomes us in her beautiful apartment. This rather unformal place for wine tasting set the tone: this will be a relaxed experience. Hande knows definitely how to put her guests in a comfort zone: You don't know anything about wine tasting? Well, this is not a problem, Hande will give you all the tips, the methodology, and the vocabulary to handle wine tasting.
And most importantly, she will take her time. She will take you for a quaint walk through the flavors and perfumes of the italian wineyards and countryside, sitting under an almond tree in Sicily, picking up wildberry in Venetia, feeling the warm sun of Toscany on your face only softened by a smooth breeze, walking through the chestnut cobbled woods of Sardinia.

A real journey! Thank you Hande!

4 Thank djdanirichmond
Chicago
“When in Rome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 June 2008

During my visit to Rome in May. I attended a wine tasting conducted by vinoroma. The sommelier (Hande) invited my wife and a group of our friends to sample varies wines produced through-out Italy. My wife, who is not a wine drinker really enjoyed herself and gained a better understanding about wine and the important factors in it's production. We tasted seven different wines provided to us directly from Italian wine producers. I enjoyed all of them. We even had the option to purchase a bottle to take to our hotel. I really recommend this opportunity to those who enjoy wine and those wine-lovers... when in Rome.

Been to Vino Roma? Share your experiences!