“Helpful Staff but not a 4 star hotel”
Review of Hotel Marvi

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rome
Hotel Marvi
Ranked #845 of 1,271 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 13 August 2013

Firstly, this is NOT a 4* star hotel, it is more like a 2* Hotel.

The Cons:

Rooms were very small.
Shower was very small and it leaked every time I took a shower.
Like other people said my A/C was not working properly.
Keycard would not unlock the door, so they had to give me the mater key for my room and I had to turn the key in every morning I went out.
VERY far from the airport - Would not advice staying here unless you have a car.

The Pros

I have to say that my room was cleaned every day including the floors.
Never had a problem with finding someone on the staff that spoke english
The staff was very friendly and helpfully
Was not a big fan of the breakfast (I don't eat eggs and really don't care for sweats for breakfast) Most days I would just have juice and roll

With in walking distance of bus system and few places to eat or get some quick supplies.
(I had a car so not really a plus)

For the price compared to staying in the center of Rome, I found it to be a good value, but I more than likely would not stay there again as my first choice.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 12 August 2013

We booked this hotel through Last Minute's Secret Hotels. We knew that the location was going to be a bit out of town and in fact, it was no problem at all with regular tubes into Termini.

When arriving at the hotel, we found the staff extremely unfriendly. The receptionist's English was fine but he said little other than here's your key and this is your room number. He also tried to charge us for the room when we had already paid and there was no apology for this.

The hotel room floor had not been cleaned. There was dust and crumbs everywhere. The air con hardly worked so we were boiling hot.

Breakfast was fine and had nice pastries.

We are budget travelers who do not have high standards at all. In fact, I have never moaned about any hotel I've stayed in. However, if you say that you are a 4* hotel, I expect the room to be clean at the very least.

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jesshope123
Reviewed 7 August 2013

Firstly, this is NOT a 4* star hotel, it is more like a 2* Hotel. There are several things wrong with this hotel:
- The A/C in the rooms were not working at all, especially when you need it the most in July/August!!!
- yes, the bed sheets were changed everyday but the floor was definitely not cleaned and especially under the beds it was SO dusty and ants all over the floor !
- My young brother had been locked inside the bathroom and the door refused to open, upon asking the person at the reception for help he simply said 'SO what can I do'. As funny as it seems I don't think this was the correct attitude and answer given by the receptionist.
- The breakfast, yes they had a variety of food but Nothing for vegetarians like me.
- Leaking taps in bathrooms !
- Mosquitoes were everywhere in the rooms and the hotel staff took no notice of it !
- Emergency exits were blocked with rollers of new bed sheets and towels !!
- Very little choice of restaurants around
- The hotel is on the otherside of the city Rome from aiport - Fuimincio so you will be spending a good 80 Euros before you even start your holiday ! (family of four).
- No menu, the staff would not make you anything if you decided you wanted to dine at the restaurant for the night !

The Goods:
- The staff were VERY VERY helpful always happy to help with directions or queries.
- Conca D'ora metro station within walking distance of 10 minutes.

Overall, This hotel is not worth the money and is NOT a 4* hotel, so please think twice before booking with this hotel.
If I ever had to go back to Rome would I book with this hotel - NO !

Room Tip: If travelling during the summer season, make sure the AC works or you will be baking !
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We planned a trip to Rome as a birthday treat to me, only to find that the hotel was disappointing. We didn't arrive at the hotel until early evening. we approached the check-in desk only to find that the night staff doesn't speak English or very very basic. Once we have checked-in only to find things got even worst...nothing in our room was working the light was flickering, tele, safe, air con (baring in mind that he temperature was about 29 to 30 degree outside!). We raised this problems to the reception staff and said they will sent an engineer up to our room to have a look at the problems, we waited for few hours but no one turned up - we thought maybe it's getting a bit late and they'll come and have a look at the issue in the morning. After breakfast we went out and as we dropped off the keys the receptionist promised that everything will be fix for when we come back. We returned after a day out the problem got even worse! They said that the hotel shutting down for few days due to 'internal problems' and we were told to go and back up our belonging and that they have find us another hotel nearby. this new hotel that they have booked us in was even than Hotel Aniene! Further out of town than we already were...we had to use the bus in get into town and to top it off the bus only runs once every 2 or 3 hours!
Hotel Aniene isn't worth 4 stars anyway (with wire hanging everywhere, cheap and tacky decorations).
I know we should be grateful that we have somewhere to stay but to put us very far reach of town is a bit in considered. After all we are tourists and need a good transport access!!!
Annoyed was a bit understatement!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Annie K
Reviewed 24 July 2013

good hotel, helpful reception staff, quiet area
but my single room on the small size, breakfast good but you have to ask if eg hot water running low, they seem to be a bit short staffed at breakfast eg tables aren't cleared for later guests
easy enough to get to but could do with sign at the metro station to point you in the right direction.
various local facilities (convenience store, pizza house) within walking distance, though it is a metro or bus ride to the main tourist area.

Room Tip: Some rooms have a balcony
  • Stayed: May 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 July 2013

The hotel Aniene is well worth the value. It's modern, clean, the staff are friendly, reception speak excellent English, free wifi, power showers and an ample breakfast with loads of choice. The woman who ran the breakfast was so lovely and efficient, we were there for a week and always got a good morning. My boyfriend always loaded up on the cooked breakfast of eggs, bacon and sausage and one morning before we even sat down she told him the bacon had ran out but she would get more, sure enough 5 minutes later came back with piles of bacon!
It is further out but it is only 5 minute walk from Conca d oro metro station and is so easy to use to get to the centre. At the end of a long day sightseeing it sometimes felt like ages getting home but I enjoyed stepping off the metro into the quiet streets instead of staying in the hustle and bustle of the centre.
There are also some amazing places to eat locally which ended up being better than anywhere we ate in the centre of Rome. Just keep walking past the hotel (away from the metro station) for 5 minutes and you come to a crossroads, if you keep straight you come to Hostaria Menenio Agrippa which does massive portions of traditional Roman food. Then head right across the street to Gori Gelateria for the best gelato, you have to try the chocolate orange or if you are adventurous, the sesame seed flavour. There is a great pizzeria called Citta Giardino on the south side of the crossroad. The restaurant next door to the hotel itself does great quality seafood, try the deep fried baby octopus!

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kirky_sween
Reviewed 12 July 2013

Two nights at this hotel in early July 2013. The hotel is situated at the end of the new metro line extension to Conca D'Oro, and is easy to find once you get your bearings. Friendly check in at the modern reception area before going to our room on the fourth floor. The room itself was fairly small although spotlessly clean and well kitted out with "Ikea style" furniture. Excellent power shower and multi channel T.V. Slightly odd mini-fridge which displayed the prices of drinks, but was always empty. Air conditioning was easy to use and powerful.

Breakfast was a good selection of breads, pastries, cheese and meat - however the woman running the breakfast seemed annoyed at the presence of guests, tutting and huffing when the coffee was empty, barging people out of the way and so on. An unfortunate minus on an otherwise excellent stay.

The hotel is around 15 minutes from Termini by metro, for easy changing to the A line for Vatican City, Spanish Steps and Trevi Fountain - and around 25 minutes from the Colosseum. Make sure to board a B train to Conca D'Oro, otherwise you'll need to change at Bologna.

Room Tip: Lower floors have balconies.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple