“Not worth 4 stars”

Ranked #762 of 1,257 Hotels in Rome
Klaipeda, Lithuania
“Not worth 4 stars”
Reviewed 21 March 2014

We stayed at Aniene for 4 nights a week ago. We booked this hotel through GalaHotels. When we arrived at the hotel, our booking were prolonged from 4 till 7 nights, receptionist told for us, that we have changed the agency and we should prepay the difference of booking. Bur really we have booked the room only for 4 nights!!!
Location of this hotel is good - only 5-7 min on foot to metro station to get to Termini, bus stop is only ~500 m from the hotel. The buses runs every 5-10 min.
Breakfast every day the same - only warm omelet with or without bacon, cereals, a few slices of cheese and ham, toasts, tea/coffee/juice, any fruits, any vegetables. And also - delicious cakes and pies. Only they were a highest quality in this hotel. Praise for bakers!!!
A double room very poor - one nightlight for two, 2 hangers for clothes, TV out of order. During all our stay (4 nights) TV weren't repaired. Receptionist promised to us, that tomorrow TV will be OK. Although we asked every day. Curtains were dirty and crumpled, through the vent in the bathroom you could hear the street noise.
Embarrassing part - mold in bathroom, shower and under windowsill in the room. Also big noise from the street (til ~1 AM and from ~4 AM) because the window was on the street side.
We asked to change the room, but receptionist refused our request as we have booked the room by the agency and not directly on their internet site.
The hotel is really not worth 4 stars, my opinion it is worth 2-3 stars at best.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2014

I stayed in Hotel Aniene the 23rd-26th February with my best friend. I absolutely loved this hotel it was very clean, very friendly staff, lovely choice for breakfast and was also very convenient to get to Termini station with a short walk away from the metro station Conca D'Oro. For meals in the evening there are several pizzerias nearby all of which I would recommend and also there are a few convenience stores that stay open until late too. I would definitely stay in this hotel again and would recommend anybody to stay here that was hoping to visit Rome and avoid an expensive central hotel.

• Stayed February 2014
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed 16 February 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights while visiting Rome and Naples. My major requirement for hotels are free wifi, free breakfast, and must be close to a metro stop. Hotel Aniene met those requirements and I really enjoyed my stay. The hotel staff was very friendly, the guy at the front desk let me use his personal phone charger because I packed the wrong converter. That was beyond nice! The room was small and clean. My only 2 negatives would be no English speaking channels, not even BBC or CNN, and I wasn't able to control the temperature of the room.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank lewiskay
Braila, Romania
Reviewed 4 November 2013

A very clean hotel with profesional team
It is very close to the metro station and to the market
The personal of the hotel give us a map and all the information we need to travel in Rome
The breakfast was ok
we definittly recomand it

Room Tip: visit Rome
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Tavistock, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 October 2013

We stayed at Hotel Aniene in September. The Hotel was clean, the hotel staff very friendly, the breakfast wonderful and it was only a couple of minutes away from the tube station into the centre of Rome and a short walk away Taverna dei briganti was a brilliant restaurant with lovely staff and not expensive. Also I left my glasses at the hotel and the staff were extremely helpful in getting them back to me in the UK.

Room Tip: We were on first floor facing front, very quiet, no problems at all.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank zendogmusic
Ankara, Turkey
Reviewed 22 October 2013

This hotel was sweet, very clean and close to the metro station (5 minutes walking). Workers were very helpful and cheerful. Especially recepcionist Simoni was very kind and helpful. Breakfeast could be more diversed but was enough. Thanks for your hospitality.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 18 October 2013

This hotel was perfect for our stay in Rome. My mom and I stayed in separate single rooms and they were compact and had all we required. We missed having tea/coffee in the rooms. My luggage was mislaid by the airline on route to Rome and Antonio deserves a special mention for being so helpful and willing to phone the airline for me, so as to communicate with them in Italian. Thanks to him my luggage was delivered late on the first evening. This hotel is 30 mins from all the major sights and we were glad that we booked there as Rome center is noisy and too busy. Was nice to come to peace and quiet at the end of the day!
As previous review mentioned metro station Conco do Ora is a short walk away and Bus no 38 will take you to Termini station in heart of Rome. Breakfast is sufficient and fresh cake/croissants everyday. Could do with some fresh fruit. Book here... great 3 star hotel!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family