“Calisto 6 B+B, Trastavere, Rome”

Calisto 6 Bed & Breakfast
Ranked #1,429 of 3,692 Rome B&B and Inns
London, United Kingdom
“Calisto 6 B+B, Trastavere, Rome”
Reviewed 12 March 2013

The B+B and rooms themselves were exactly as shown on the website, tastefully decorated and very clean. We shared a bathroom which was small but completely functional and very clean, we only saw the other person using it once so no sharing problems. The location of the B+B is excellent, Trastavere is a beautiful district with loads of great bars and restaurants.

Although this B+B doesn't have a person at an on site reception the owner was constantly available by phone and email. The only downside to this lovely place is the bar below which is noisy as there are tables outside. We were there in March and did not need to have the windows open which blocks 95% of the noise. We did hear people coming in and out of the front door as our room was opposite it, but this was a lovely place to stay and great value for money if these things are not so important to you, they didn't bother us.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Florence P

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Athens, Greece
Reviewed 2 February 2013

The location is perfect if you 're not in your 50s and looking for rest, since the GREAT cafe-bar downstairs (REALLY GREAT) stays open late ;) The girl who welcomed us was very nice, even though she kept us waiting a bit and the communication wasn't so easy. The accomodation was cute, yet the private bathroom is not in the room, so pack something like a robe- it can be useful :)
A bit overpriced, but Rome compensates on that!
Like any central location, Trastevere can be a little crowded but to me, it's the place to be in Rome :)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank NicolinAir
Lisbon, Portugal
Reviewed 4 August 2012

It's true that I needed a last minute solution and that I really would do anything to be in Trastevere during my last stay in Rome nevertheless, I was disappointed. I've checked many reviews their majority was completely positive. I would say, though, this kind of hotel cannot be left without someone to manage problems that often arise in an old apartment as it is, namely when most of the rooms share bathrooms. In my first night the bathroom that I should use (I had no key for it, the staff just told me that I should use that one) was ok, during the day next I cannot say the same: it was stinky and I had no one to ask to have it cleaned. The worst was about to come though: the bathroom had a leak during the night and the corridor was full of water when I woke up really early in the morning! Terrible situation to face without any staff there. The hotel is, on the other hand, very well located for those who want to hang out in Trastevere but really not for ones that plan to sleep before 2 am (I was there from Monday to Wednesday). The only person from the staff I've met personally was really kind and the BB owner was also really helpful (by mail, of course). For a similar price I had a double room with real breakfast (in this case here we are only allowed to grab capucino + corneto in the bar downstairs) close to via Nazionale. So, if you don't mind not staying in Trastevere...

Room Tip: I had the room in front of the square and it was not quiet at all. Besides, the bathroom was really...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
Dublin
Reviewed 22 July 2012

... just upstairs from one of the best bars I've ever been in. Also, it's in my favourite part of Rome, Trastevere, with loads of great restaurants. You get your breakfast in the aforementioned bar as well (a traditional café and cornetto) alongside the the loquacious locals. Fortunately the thick windows stop any noise from the bar drifting upstairs. Nice large bedrooms. Pretty building as well. Only minus was the small toilet with a ceiling in the shower that was little over 1 metre 85 cms high (6 feet for those in the English speaking world). Overall, well recommended.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 July 2012

Like others have mentioned we booked Calisto 6 but on arrival we were met and taken across the square down a cobbled street to our own little house! Our room was beautiful with exposed beams and a wooden floor but very modern decor. The bathroom was dated but spotlessly clean. Couldn't have been happier with the location plenty of bars and restaurants for nightime but still walking distance to all the major sights. Had a great time in rome and will definately be recommending they book this apartment from the owners of Calisto 6.

Room Tip: Ask to be put in the apartment instead of the main B&B
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed 18 June 2012

"Hotel" we stayed, separated and shared bathroom. Great location, very close to everything we need!
It was fine until the management demanded us to apologize to the other guests because we were confused by our shared bathroom and the other guests private-bathroom.
The bathrooms were lined up on one side of the "hotel". I walked into one guest who was about to take a shower, thinking the bathroom she was about to use was "our shared bathroom". I was about to wait for my turn after she was done taking a shower, and she told me the bathroom was supposed to be private, for her room only. I was quite confused and we had a whole discussion about it. My friend emailed the management, while doing so, I realized that I confused the private bathroom with our shared-bathroom next door. After we emailed the management about our misunderstanding, it told us in email to APOLOGIZE to the other guest. What makes the management think they have the right to tell their guests doing such thing?

I never stepped a foot in the bathroom, and there was a lock on the other guest's private-bathroom that neither could anyone walk in. The bottum line is, it is terrible attitude the management has toward its guest since it was only an innocent misunderstanding. The girl who gave us the keys to the room was really nice and friendly, but clearly she was not the one wrote the email to us since she has no idea about the incident. The management needs to be re-trained.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled as a couple
Paris
Reviewed 7 June 2012

We had a double room with bathroom. Both were of a good size. The bed was comfortable. The bathroom was across the hall and had to be kept locked which was a slight drawback. Everything was spotlessly clean.
Breakfast was a coffee and pastry from the lively bar downstairs. It can be noisy at night but we enjoyed the vibe and joined in the fun. Earplugs are provided on the bedside tables! and they were very effective. Very friendly proprietors, but be aware that there are times of the day and night when no-one is on duty. Highly recommended if you want to get a feel for the Trastevere neighbourhood.

• Stayed April 2012