“Highlight of our Trip”

Rome Connection Private Tours
Ranked #136 of 820 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Live the unforgettable experience of a Private Tour in Rome.Let yourself be led by historical and cultural itineraries that only the Eternal City can offer. Our great expertise and enthusiasm will guide every tour in Rome. Discover all the advantages of choosing a private tour labeled Rome Connection.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Two weeks ago my wife, son (7) and niece (21) and I hired Rome Connection for the Imperial Rome Day Tour. We are so happy with the day, it was one of the highlights of our trip. In a hard city like Rome it was refreshing to be shown around by people who put our experience first.

One day we had been walking around the city for a few hours we were sweaty and exhausted when we saw a nice couple dressed up and looking refreshed. My wife asked me 'How do they look like that and we look like this?' I said they must be traveling with Rome Connection today.

The experience started early with a black air conditioned Mercedes van outside the hotel waiting to take us on our adventure. Our guide Giorgia was very knowable and passionate about Rome's history. She did a great job of letting us set the pace and focus on the things that were important to each of those in my family and was very good with explaining things to my 7 year old. We were able to see more in a day than we would have been able to on our own in three days and we got to hear the back stories to the buildings and sculptures as well.

Our driver Giorgio was professional fun and helpful and gave us great advice on the rest of our trip to Rome. We felt as if we had a team looking out for us not just for the day but for our stay. He went above and beyond to give us restaurant recommendations and arrange for a driver to take us back to the airport when we left.

I have given their company website and a recommendation to a couple friends
that are going to Rome in the next couple months and I recommend them to you as well.

1  Thank Jksturdy

Reviewed 20 July 2014

In 2013 I visited Rome with a group of 12 friends. We had limited time and wanted to make the most of our stay so arranged to have a tour guide for our group. Andrea Valentini was exceptional and listened to my interests making sure he tailored a trip to suit our needs.
He met us at sights and then spent the day explaining so much about Rome and its fantastic layer history. He suggested a trip to Ostia Antica which I knew very little about. we had spent the morning at the Colosseum and ancient centre so took a 40 minute train trip to edge of Rome. Here we were all surprised by the well preserved and relatively unknown ruins of Rome's ancient port. He was a wealth of knowledge and helped us to see and learn things many people who visit Rome will never get to see. He spent a grey deal of time before we arrived corresponding with me to ensure he would meet the needs of the group and even recommended some great places to eat that were not on the tourist track.
His knowledge of history, art and the people of Rome made our visit amazing. He was professional and friendly and addressed the needs of our diverse group.

1  Thank madonnajones
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Our family spent two terrific days with Marco. He was terrific. I cannot say enough how great he was with my two kids, ages 17 and 14. He whisked us around the Vatican and showed us the high points of the ruins. Importantly he got to know us and tailored the tour based upon what he felt most interested us. For example my youngest was very interested in the catacombs and other similar things so he made sure that we got to see the catacombs and a Capuchin monastery that had a peculiar macabre way of displaying the remains of departed monks.

Marco is a very proud citizen of Rome and his love of country shows through in the pride in which he conducts his tours.

By the end of the two days we felt like he was an honorary family member. He will always be a part of our memories of our family Rome adventure.

1  Thank Ken D
Reviewed 18 July 2014

My son wanted to visit Rome as a family before he headed to Spain. With limited time I hoped to let him experience as much of this wonderful city as we could. Gian Lugo was our guide and I confess we had a wonderful time and learned so much. Thanks to Gian Lugo we visited everything we had hoped to and a few gems that he suggested that we would never have known about. Such amazing views from above the Vatican as well as on the Aventine hill. I would not hesitate to book again.

1  Thank JTIssaquah
Reviewed 16 July 2014

We booked Rome Connection through their website and left them a credit card number to hold and paid them cash on the day of the tour to avoid the credit card surge charge. We used them for Pisa / Florence and Rome and both tours where great. They pick us up right on time and our group of 8 had a great time at both places. I would highly recommend Rome Connection tours and if I ever get back to either place I will use them again.

Been to Rome Connection Private Tours? Share your experiences!