“The only way to see Rome” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Rome Connection Private Tours

Rome Connection Private Tours
Ranked #109 of 756 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: Live the unforgettable experience of a Private Tour in Rome.Let yourself be led by historical and cultural itineraries that only the Eternal City can offer. Our great expertise and enthusiasm will guide every tour in Rome. Discover all the advantages of choosing a private tour labeled Rome Connection.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The only way to see Rome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 August 2014

During July 2014 my wife and I along with some very good friends of ours, decided to book Rome Connections 2 day imperial tour. The booking process was quick and easy; your credit card is requested solely to confirm the booking although the preferred payment (which we used) is cash. Any questions you have after the booking are answered very quickly via email.

Day 1:
We were picked up at exactly 8:00am at the entrance to our hotel. The tour vehicle is very clean (I actually asked if it was brand new) and as mentioned stocked with water which is a necessity in Rome during July. I feel very privileged that our tour guide for day one was the owner Marco. Marco loves Rome and truly wants you to see the city he loves through his eyes. During the morning we visited the Pantheon, Trevi fountain, Spanish steps (had they been not covered in scaffolding), the tomb of the unknown soldier (Bring water to the top, it's very hot), Circus Maximus, the catacombs and then lunch at a classic Roman restaurant that was actually the remains of a mausoleum (try the classic Roman items). In the afternoon we visited St Paul's basilica. By the end of the day, you don't feel rushed; Marco has designed the tour so you spend enough time in each attraction, while supplying all the information you will ever need about each.

Day 2: We were picked up again at exactly 8:00am by Giorgio, who would be our driver for the day. We were quickly joined by Georgia who was our tour guide. Both our tour guide and driver were excellent; they showed the same amount of love and passion towards the history and culture of Rome as Marco. Day 2 was the Vatican museums/St peters basilica and the Colosseum/Roman forum. I have to say, if we hadn't been with Rome Connection, we would still be in the line outside the Vatican museums today; the line skip is glorious. Again, the attractions were all toured in what felt like our own time, nothing felt rushed and all our questions were answered. We had lunch in a small restaurant close to the Colosseum. The food and service was excellent! The hand picked restaurants you are taken to for lunch could not be better; we were very impressed.

To summarize, we only had 3 days in Rome. After the tour we don't feel as though we had missed anything. We will go back one day and will without a doubt take another one of Rome Connection's tours. We highly recommend this tour for anyone, it is worth every penny!

1 Thank Stuart J

Calgary, Canada
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Highlight of our Trip”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2014

Two weeks ago my wife, son (7) and niece (21) and I hired Rome Connection for the Imperial Rome Day Tour. We are so happy with the day, it was one of the highlights of our trip. In a hard city like Rome it was refreshing to be shown around by people who put our experience first.

One day we had been walking around the city for a few hours we were sweaty and exhausted when we saw a nice couple dressed up and looking refreshed. My wife asked me 'How do they look like that and we look like this?' I said they must be traveling with Rome Connection today.

The experience started early with a black air conditioned Mercedes van outside the hotel waiting to take us on our adventure. Our guide Giorgia was very knowable and passionate about Rome's history. She did a great job of letting us set the pace and focus on the things that were important to each of those in my family and was very good with explaining things to my 7 year old. We were able to see more in a day than we would have been able to on our own in three days and we got to hear the back stories to the buildings and sculptures as well.

Our driver Giorgio was professional fun and helpful and gave us great advice on the rest of our trip to Rome. We felt as if we had a team looking out for us not just for the day but for our stay. He went above and beyond to give us restaurant recommendations and arrange for a driver to take us back to the airport when we left.

I have given their company website and a recommendation to a couple friends
that are going to Rome in the next couple months and I recommend them to you as well.

1 Thank Jksturdy
Sydney, Australia
49 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“3 wonderful days”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014

In 2013 I visited Rome with a group of 12 friends. We had limited time and wanted to make the most of our stay so arranged to have a tour guide for our group. Andrea Valentini was exceptional and listened to my interests making sure he tailored a trip to suit our needs.
He met us at sights and then spent the day explaining so much about Rome and its fantastic layer history. He suggested a trip to Ostia Antica which I knew very little about. we had spent the morning at the Colosseum and ancient centre so took a 40 minute train trip to edge of Rome. Here we were all surprised by the well preserved and relatively unknown ruins of Rome's ancient port. He was a wealth of knowledge and helped us to see and learn things many people who visit Rome will never get to see. He spent a grey deal of time before we arrived corresponding with me to ensure he would meet the needs of the group and even recommended some great places to eat that were not on the tourist track.
His knowledge of history, art and the people of Rome made our visit amazing. He was professional and friendly and addressed the needs of our diverse group.

Visited August 2013
1 Thank madonnajones
Davie, Florida, United States
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 35 helpful votes
“Great choice of tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

Our family spent two terrific days with Marco. He was terrific. I cannot say enough how great he was with my two kids, ages 17 and 14. He whisked us around the Vatican and showed us the high points of the ruins. Importantly he got to know us and tailored the tour based upon what he felt most interested us. For example my youngest was very interested in the catacombs and other similar things so he made sure that we got to see the catacombs and a Capuchin monastery that had a peculiar macabre way of displaying the remains of departed monks.

Marco is a very proud citizen of Rome and his love of country shows through in the pride in which he conducts his tours.

By the end of the two days we felt like he was an honorary family member. He will always be a part of our memories of our family Rome adventure.

1 Thank Ken D
Issaquah
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Wonderful family vacation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 July 2014

My son wanted to visit Rome as a family before he headed to Spain. With limited time I hoped to let him experience as much of this wonderful city as we could. Gian Lugo was our guide and I confess we had a wonderful time and learned so much. Thanks to Gian Lugo we visited everything we had hoped to and a few gems that he suggested that we would never have known about. Such amazing views from above the Vatican as well as on the Aventine hill. I would not hesitate to book again.

Visited June 2014