“Luca is the best guide!”

Avventure Bellissime Rome
US$238.91*
Small-Group Tuscany Wine Country Day Trip from Rome Including Wine Tasting
Ranked #147 of 818 Tours in Rome
Reviewed 30 June 2014

I was spending a week in Rome with a group of friends. Since it was our first visit, we wanted to see the most famous sites. Luca made getting into the Sistine Chapel, St. Peter's, Colosseum, and other sites a wonderful and easy experience. He arranged our transportation, got our tickets, and even arranged our transfers from the cruise ship to our hotel and from hotel to the airport. He is a very intelligent and entertaining guide. Our experience in Rome was exceptional because of Luca! He also took us to restaurants that were out of the visitor trap area where we ordered some of the best Italian food at very reasonable prices. We ate where the locals eat! I cannot say enough good things about Luca. If you want a guide in Rome, Luca is the one to hire.

2  Thank Paula W

Reviewed 29 June 2014

We split the small group Ancient Rome Walking and Vatican Sistine Chapel tours over two days. Both times, Francesca was our guide and she was fantastic! Francesca studied archaeology and history in college and she comes prepared for the tours with books and pictures on her iPad. At the beginning of the first tour, she sat us down in a nice spot to talk about what we would see in the Sistine Chapel because she would not be able to speak to us inside. It made a big difference to come in with that knowledge to appreciate what we were seeing. On the Ancient Rome tour, the pictures she showed us with overlays helped us to visualize how the Colosseum and Forum would have looked like in ancient times. Even the children's book with pictures of the different types of gladiators was informative. I did not see any other tour guides with these types of additional aids and I would say that it made a big difference in how we enjoyed the sights that we saw on the tours.

Besides being prepared, Francesca is also energetic, dynamic and helpful. For the full four hours of the Vatican and Sistine Chapel tours, she spoke non-stop about what we were seeing. After the Ancient Rome tour, she helped us make reservations at a local restaurant so we could meet some friends for lunch. The food was excellent and not the highway robbery one could easily find so close to the tourist spots. All in all, a great tour guide!

Reviewed 25 June 2014 via mobile

My wife and I spent the day in Rome with the Bellissime crew. And what a day it was. We started with the Ancient Rome tour with Francesca. She knew the place inside out. We may aswell of been there. She also recommended a great place for lunch. The next part of our itinerary took us to to Vatican. Francesca was at it again, telling us all the history and interesting stories and there wasn't a question she didn't know. The afternoon was spent with Lucca. He took us all around Rome showing us all the monuments. He was great and was very charismatic. At the end he took us to a great deli where we had great wine and antipasti!! All in all an awesome day. Great pace and great knowledge. Highly recommend.

Reviewed 13 June 2014

My wife and I just completed 2 tours this week with Francesca of Avventure Bellissime Tours in Rome.
We did the Ancient Rome Walking Tour ( 4 hours ) and then later in the week the Small Group Vatican and Sistine Chapel Tour ( 4 hours ).
Both these tours are excellent and all sights visited can only be done by walking. We are not so young, over 60, but managed the tours quite well.
I would recommend these tours to anyone wanting to see the basic sights of Rome and wanting to gain that intimate knowledge one can only get from a professional Guide that has studied archaeology and history.
Francesca does a fantastic job of explaining everything you will see and puts many things into perspective.
She makes you feel comfortable and relaxed and is happy to answer all questions.
Strongly recommended.

1  Thank Greg W
Reviewed 12 June 2014

I had the Ancient Rome tour with Francesca which was informative and interesting, she clearly knows and enjoys her history of Rome! She was a caring guide and kept track of all of us in the tour, allowing time for pictures and talking individually at various times to all in the tour. I went on to do the Vatican Tour with Francesca in the afternoon and she got me onto a taxi and recommended a place to eat that was fast with good food and I was ready to go. Again her knowledge and love of Rome & the Vatican and St Peter's was infectious and her humour kept us on our toes. Cannot speak highly enough of the tour and can safely recommend this young lady as a guide to anyone.