“Why wouldn't this hotel have a shuttle to and from the airport?”

Best Western Hotel I Triangoli
Ranked #331 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 19 June 2014

We booked this hotel on hotwire, which we will never use again. Why would they even have this property listed as within the airport area? It would have been a $140 CDN dollar to and from ride. Almost double the hotel charge. Crazy! This hotel is in the middle of nowhere really. I can't see a good reason to stay here unless they offered a shuttle. We ended up renting a car which was less than taking a cab to and from. I 'would' have been easier to just pay the higher fee for a hotel right in Rome or at the airport.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank dlarocqu
triangoliroma, Manager at Best Western Hotel I Triangoli, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2014

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our property..

We are sorry for the excessive cost of the taxi to our hotel. The normal price is usually €.40,00/45,00 for each ride. It's possible to book a ride during the reservation procedure through our official site booking engine .
Regardless to this matter, your suggestion about the shuttle, have been already considered and planned; we will soon put it into practice.
We hope that the hotel has been up with your expectation with regards of all the other items of your stay.

Sincerely

There are newer reviews for Best Western Hotel I Triangoli

Reviewed 12 June 2014

The hotel is more than 20 km away from FCO airport and offers no shuttle service. When we called the hotel to confirm its advertised location we were told that the hotel is only 8km away from the airport. This is not the case as Google Maps show accurate distance. The taxi fare is fixed at 48 euros in each direction. Unfortunately, taxi is the only viable option to get to the hotel. There is nothing around the hotel and the area is quite rough. The internet access does not exist in the room and you have to sit in the lobby to access WiFi. We stayed in 1br suite with uncomfortable bed and the bedroom window facing the busy road. When I called to inquire about the gym or a swimming pool, i was laughed at by the reception staff. If you wish to go to Rome from here you need to take the taxi to the train station. Would not recommend this hotel to anyone! Stayed in many hotels all over the world as a business traveler and while on holidays but a 4-star rating for this facility is not accurate! Do yourself a favour and find something else. Cheers!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Slavenko C
triangoliroma, Manager at Best Western Hotel I Triangoli, responded to this reviewResponded 13 June 2014

Dear Balcanadian,
Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay at our property.
Taxi is one of the possibility to reach our hotel from FCO Airport but as you said it is expensive and sometimes taxi drivers take advantages of foreign travellers (the regular cost is €.40,00 for less than 3 pax).
Anyway, as shown on our website, there is also another possibility, less expensive but more time-consuming, by public transportation, to/from Fiumicino airport and to/from the centre of Rome.
In every room there is a wired free internet connection, and it's been 1 week from now that the wi-fi hardware and software lan has been completely renewed and enhance). We didn’t received evident complaint and the signal results sufficiently powerfull but it may have been a hitch and we are sorry you didn’t notify us because we could have arrange it.
The hotel is in a residential and tranquil area, with shopping centers, restaurants and fitness centers with swimming pool. Normally none of our team would lack respect to our guests so please contact us at itriangoli.rm@bestwestern.it so that we can check what happened.
Kind Regards,
Stefania Fiorucci

Reviewed 9 June 2014

The hotel is clean, comfortable, and the staff are happy to help with anything. The breakfast was average, it was a standard hotel breakfast. There were a selection of pastries, cakes, cereal. breads, cheese, cold meats, egg and fried parma ham (which were cold). There were juices and filter coffee. Fresh juices and lattes etc are available at an extra cost.

The hotel is not located in the in or near the centre of Rome. If you want to use public transport it can be difficult as the hotel is not within walking distance from a metro or train station. There is a bus (070) that you can get from the metro station to the hotel however it only runs until 8pm. So please keep this in mind if your flight into Rome is late or you want to stay late in the city. There is no taxi stand at the closest metro station either.

The good points about the location is that it is in a residential area so it's quiet and you can get good sleep. Also, there are local bars, restaurants, and a supermarket nearby. From the nearest metro station to the hotel ostia beach is 7 stops away on the train.

Overall this hotel is good value for money as the service was great, the areas quiet and with good planning the distance from the city need not be a problem.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends

Dear Guest
We sincerely would like to thank you for your kind review on our hotel.
We hope that you will eventually choose us again in case of another holiday in Rome; we would do our best to make your stay even better than the previous one; for example, organizing a shuttle bus to and from Acilia train station, from where, in 15 minutes you get to Piramide underground station.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I booked using hotwire and selected Rome Airport hotels. This hotel is a bad neighborhood with nothing around it, it is 30 minutes from the airport and there is no shuttle! I called hotwire and they would not change the hotel. I paid 40 Euros to get to the airport using a taxi.
The hotel is just OK, the staff was really nice to me and the other guests, the room was old but clean. I did not see such an old TV for many years and the WiFi does not work. Seeing other reviews I see that the WiFi is a known issue there, cannot understand why they do not go to BestBuy and buy a few routers and solve this annoying problem.
Bottom line: since this is not an airport hotel and there is nothing around it I do not see any reason to book it.

Room Tip: The only real tip I have is that there is no reason to stay there.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank bostonIL
triangoliroma, Direttore at Best Western Hotel I Triangoli, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Guest

Thank you for completing the survey regarding your recent stay at our property.

We would like to inform you that we installed new wireless devices. Regarding the distance from the airport I do really apologize for that but please consider that Our Hotel Is far From Fiumicino Airport about 17 Km and it is one of the closest to the Airport

If I can provide any assistance, please don't hesitate to contact me directly at .

Reviewed 23 April 2014

This hotel, is excellent in every possible way, the Beds are comfortable, the Rooms are big for european standards, and is located at an excellent place called infernetto. the facilities are ok, you only have free Wifi is at the lobby which is hot enough for a cold day, the staff are very polite and communicative, excellent in every way! it has a small mall within a 10 minutes walk, which has a Mc donalds and the AS ROMA official Store among others. just around the corner you might see a Pizzeria that offers pizza alla palla, which is a pizza one meter long, and it just costs 10 Euro i must add that is a great pizzeria, you should try it with one peroni at a side ask for mirko del Grosso this guy just Rocks!... if you want to go to rome the hotel has a bus stop right across the street that will take you to eur fermi then you use the subway to get to rome, the ride will take 30 minutes to get there. i recommend to buy the biglietto integratto the whole week costs 21 Euro and you can use it on subways and bus... the last Bus to get back at the hotel runs at 20:30 keep that in mind and you're done!

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2013

We booked this hotel because we were under the impression that it was near the airport, it is not. There was no public transportation to get to the hotel on a Sunday from Rome so we had to take a taxi 55euros and when we arrived at the hotel we found that the cost to get to the airport is 45 euros which is almost the same as it is from Rome. There is no shuttle available or public transportation available. So unless you have a car or have no plans to leave the hotel, there is no reason to stay here. The hotel itself is basic but the staff was nice. However, no need to go there at all.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
13  Thank TravelerAZ81
Reviewed 25 October 2013

October 2013. Guest JG. Room number 391. It is a real evaluation although I prefer Keep privacy. The Hotel is very good and cost effective for a City like Roma. I will consider for future Business seminars and immediately received attractive Quote hereto. The breakfast buffet was very Italian. I enjoyed both Food and Service. Arrivederci.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business