“Colosseum and Vatican Tour”
Review of Maximus Tours

Maximus Tours
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Rome Evening Walking Tour - Piazzas and Monuments...
Ranked #136 of 845 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Maximus Tours offers the best priced tours available online of the Vatican City and the City of Rome with professional, licensed and entertaining tour guides. We have been organizing tours here in Rome on a daily basis since 2002, the Maximus Tours website was a new venture launched at the start of 2008. At Maximus Tours, our carefully selected guides are here to share their knowledge and passion about art, archaeology, history and much more, which will all enrich your experience of the Eternal City.
Reviewed 16 May 2014

My wife and I have traveled alot. We have taken many tours using guides. Our tour guide Daniela was the most enthusiastic and knowledgeable tour guide that I have ever heard... I wouldrecommened Maximus to everyone and will use this company whenever I need a tour guide...

All reviews
"sistine chapel and st"
in 10 reviews
"informative tour"
in 9 reviews
"would highly recommend this tour"
in 11 reviews
"tour group"
in 13 reviews
"small group"
in 16 reviews

Reviewed 14 May 2014

We went on the Vatican tour with Filippo today. He was extremely affable and informative guide who kept the group together and on track in a crowded environment. We highly recommend this tour.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Booked for 1pm tour of Vatican with Maximus Tours but arrived over 30 minutes late for the start - our fault. Nevertheless we were still met by Matthew at the entrance with our tickets and ushered through entrance past the long queues and inside. We then did our own tour, but this would not have been possible without Maximus doing their best to fix our problem. Online booking was easily made. Very impressed with their professional service.
Robin & Di L

Reviewed 25 April 2014

It was our first day of touring and my Wife and I were both quite anxious as to how our tour would be handled, delivered, and questions answered. I needed not to worry at all, because Maximus assigned Shane Brennan as our guide that day. Shane, who is of Irish decent, has lived in Rome for 17 years, spoke English very professionally and always understandable. He was a world of knowledge as we walked through the gardens, the great hall, the Sistine Chapel, and, of course, St Peter's Basillica.
By the end of the day, I and my Wife, had such more information about the Vatican See than ever before. We returned to St Peter's, with tixs, for the General Audience, the Chrism Mass on Holy Thursday, Good Friday Mass, and Saturday's Easter Vigil. Through Shane and Maximus efforts we were old pros by the end of our stay.
If you take the tour of the Vatican, spend the extra dollars, and get a private tour guide...you will be glad you did! And I would recommend Shane Brennan for any US or English speaking citizen.
Thanks for helping with a wonderful experience Maximus!!!

See more reviews
Reviewed 15 April 2014

Both tours were excellent, Christina in the Vatican, handed out radios and earphones so we never had to strain to hear her highly informative guide. Professional, chirpy and answered every question. One tip, take a small bag or you have to check it in at the start and walk all the way back at the end. Thomas in the Colisseum was patient and very knowledgeable. No radio but not needed as much. One tip, don't 'do' the Forum on your own before your tour as we did as you will be taken through there as part of the Colisseum tour. We ended up paying twice! The Colisseum tour starts about 10 minutes walk away. Well done, Maximus overall.

1  Thank G W