Some of the points below may seem negatives, but are intended only as informative, and are only to be expected given the location and age of the building.
Please read the whole review>>>
This is a small hotel, more B&B by UK standards, and bear in mind it is in a small side road in the middle of Rome, so a taxi would need to drop off at the end of the road and you would walk about 50m. also our room overlooked the narrow road and building opposite.
It is ideally located for sight-seeing, being walking distance from Piazza Navona, Treve Fountain, Pantheon and Vatican City; and depending on how much you like to walk, it's even in range of the Colosseum (about a 20-30minute walk).
The hotel is a little tough to find, being tucked away at the top of Vicolo della Palomba, (No.19, ), and the reception and rooms are on the first floor, with only a tiny lift and a spiral staircase ( so be aware if you have big heavy bags or are a little infirm or of restricted mobility (or a larger build) - there is no way you could get a person and a standard suite-case in the lift, much less a wheelchair). Two average build people is all the lift will accommodate.
That said, the room was clean and fresh, being refreshed every day (new towels / bed made etc), and a light (inclusive) breakfast is delivered to the rooms if required (they were very helpful in providing early delivery on days we had to leave early for day trips).
All the staff we met were very warm and friendly, and really helpful.
More on the room:
Our shower was small but good and hot, and the wash room was clean and well lit.
There is also free WiFi.
Overall, assuming you are able to a) fit in the lift and shower, b) walk up one flight of stairs, this is a great base for visiting a large number of world famous Rome attractions.
Great little place, lovely people.
Many thanks :D
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Imperium Suite Navona is a nice art-apartment-style hotel in the historical center of Rome, providing completely renovated and fully equipped accommodations. The property features a welcoming and familiar atmosphere combined with the best hospitality of the Italian tradition. Each room is finely furnished and provided with all amenities to satisfy any requirements you might have. Breakfast buffet is served every morning ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, Hotels.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Imperium Suite Navona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Imperium Suite Navona Rome
- Imperium Suite Navona Hotel Rome