“Quaint, comfortable and Location, Location, Location”

Imperium Suite Navona
Ranked #646 of 1,261 Hotels in Rome
Medway, Ma USA
“Quaint, comfortable and Location, Location, Location”
Reviewed 11 October 2010

Stayed At the Suites from 9/16 thru 9/21...

Service ... super, 24 hrs, very helpful with everything

Room .... Very Clean, small (but they all are)

Location ... less than 10 minutes to Vatican / Trevi Fountain / Pantheon. right atop the Piazza Navona which id full of life. Great streets leading to the main tourists spots with nice cafe and shops

The only down side is no place to sit outside as you unwind between trips to the sights...would be nice to have roof top or outside seating to enjoy a nice Chianti Classico.

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Turkish first
New York City, New York
Reviewed 6 July 2010

I just returned from a trip to Rome and stayed at Imperium Suite Navona. I stayed there with my mom. We both were delightfully happy with the accommodations and services. Very friendly staff, great renovated pristine rooms and bath. Cable TV, and mini bar.Breakfast is brought to your room daily. No fancy lobby, but who needs that when you have gorgeous Rome to hang out in. Walking distance to all the attractions. A great price, in a great location. I would recommend to anyone and I plan on staying here again if I go.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with family
Minneapolis, Minnesota
Reviewed 5 July 2010

I read many, many reviews before selecting this hotel. I knew it was going to be hard to find, that it was bascially one floor with a handful of rooms, that there were rooms right outsite of the desk in the hallway (which happened to be the room we got)....so there were no surprises. My spouse and I stayed here for 2 days before a cruise. We had a glitch with the pre-arranged transfer with the hotel...still not sure why. Ended up paying BIG bucks for a private car (60 Euro) but she got us there! (We paid 40 Euro for an arranged taxi back to the airport from our 2nd hotel which was by the Termini). I would make sure you have a good plan for how to get to the hotel.

The hotel is exactly how described but what was even better is to realize how close we were to everything! Walked to the Vactican, Patheon, etc. but the best is that it is like a block from Piazza Navona...which was really fun to hang around during the day and we enjoyed a romantic dinner at night.

Our room was a good size (let's face it, you shouldn't be in your hotel room when in Rome unless sleeping) and since the closet was large, we were able to roll our suitecases in ther to keep the room free of clutter. The bathroom was large - although we couldn't quite figure out the shower but I attribute that to us vs. the hotel. The bed and pillows were comfortable (I am comparing this to my tempurpedic bed and pillow). It was very nice to have breakfast delivered to the room... we liked the bread and coffee (meat - not so much).

Recommendation...I copied pictures of the front door, the map, etc. which helped us and the driver quickly find the location. Even Bigger Recommendation...I bought a Homedics Sound Machine and played it at full volume not only at this hotel but on the cruise and with the 2nd Rome hotel....I didn't hear a thing the whole time! I just learned today that there is an app for my blackberry for white noise that I would have checked out also.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mbsims40
Buckinghamshire
Reviewed 23 June 2010

We booked this hotel for a long weekend in Rome as we liked the fact that customer service was rated so highly from previous reviews. We can confirm that the service is excellent, the staff can not do enough to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Breakfast in bed every morning was a real treat. The hotel is small, only about 6 rooms, but the location is perfect, only a 5 minute walk from the Plazza Navona and about 20 minutes from the Vatican. For a weekend break, the hotel was just what we wanted. We had a superior room and it was a lovely size and the bathroom was huge, plenty of hot water. There are plenty of places to eat nearby and the service and food was great in all of them. If you want to visit the Sistene Chapel, make sure you get there very early as the queue's can get very long indeed. If we go back to Rome, we would certainly stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Telthearna
Florida
Reviewed 16 June 2010

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Imperium Suite Navona. The room was really nice (although small, but thats probably true of many places in Rome). Lucia, the hostess, was awesomely helpful and friendly. Having breakfast served in the room was nice. The free internet worked well. We would definitely stay there again!

A couple of pieces of advice:

The bathroom was TINY. The shower was so small that I had to walk in sideways. I would not recommend that shower for anyone over 200 pounds. Once in the shower, though, it is nice and newly remodelled with excellent water pressure.

I don't know if this is a European thing or something, but we had a bunch of our stuff (computer, ipod, miscellaneous junk) on the desk in the room, and the housekeeping staff moved it all into the closet - I guess so they could wipe off the desk. They did this on two nights in a row, until we said something on the third night. So, if you don't want them touching your stuff, let them know.

All in all we really liked this place and thoroughly recommend it.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank DigitalGhost
Long Beach, California
Reviewed 11 June 2010

This hotel (I use that term loosely) is quite frankly not IMPERIUM! While the service is impeccable, the location is incredible; this is a 6 room Pensione and nothing more. Don't be fooled by the advertisements. The rooms are in a small home off the Piazza Novona and there are several other apartments in the same building. You can hear everything from your neighbors (and I MEAN EVERYTHING) and the "lobby" is in the same space as two of the hotel rooms. I was extremely disappointed with this place when I arrived, but I will say that the location is ideal. So, if you don't mind hearing your neighbors, could care less about being in apartment building, then this is the place for you.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank WorldTraveler1221
Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 19 April 2010

All the other reviews here were helpful. It's a great location. The staff is amazing. It is difficult to find, but that makes it nice since you get away from the crowds. The woman who manages this place is exceptionally wonderful. However -

Here's the deal. The owner essentially bought an entire floor in an otherwise residential building. It's kind of nice, right? The thing is, it's not really meant to have a lobby area - the receptionist sits at a desk in the small hallway outside the rooms on the right of the entrance. I really wish we would have had a room down the left-side of the hallway, but our room was right-most room.

Right outside our door was the reception, computer/desk and kitchen. Which is all crammed into a corner at the end of the hallway since it's really just a floor of a residence, right? So at first we were thrilled, until we got in our room and closed the door. You can hear EVERY THING and I mean everything.

So we were jet lagged and desperately needed to sleep and it's 2am and I can hear the guy on call outside in the hallway typing. And you can tell he's trying to be so quiet. And then we layed awake and all of the sudden it's 6am and they're out there getting breakfast ready in the closet that is the kitchen... and they're trying so hard to be quiet... which is so frustrating! If they would just do their thing and not worry, but they're trying to be quiet just makes it worse cause we can even hear them whispering! AGHGGHG!

First night in Rome and I'm thinking about what I'm going to write on TripAdvisor! Second night in Rome and I'm ready to stab my ears. Jeez. Wish someone would have told us to get a room as far away from the kitchen area as possible.

• Stayed March 2010, travelled as a couple