“Best Gelato in Rome”

Price range: £2 - £8
Good for: Child-friendly, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, After-hours, Lunch, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Ponte
Description: Gelateria pasticceria cioccolateria artigianale solo prodotti stagionali freschi con laboratorio a vista
Reviewed 20 August 2016

This is a superb gelateria close to Piazza Navona down a very nice street packed with restaurants and galaries. Plenty of choice on flavours, I opted for chocolate, strawberry and white chocolate with basil. All wonderful - fresh and very natural tasting.

Reviewed 17 August 2016

Watch through the window as the chaps manufacture Gelato in the centre of Rome, then go in the door, grab a ticket (to ensure fair queuing) and choose from the fantastic selection. Recommended by the Luxe guide for a very good reason. Excellent.

Reviewed 17 August 2016

Following my nose from Castel Sant' Angelo to Piazza Navona, I found this little gem. Gelateria del Teatro offers an impressive array of artisanal gelati with distinctive flavors in a quaint, simple, white themed setting. The glass store front extends to the workshop, so one can watch the master gelato makers at work. I settled for chocolate gelato with a hint of orange and paired it with honey, lemon and rosemary flavor. Superb!

Reviewed 14 August 2016

I've had gelato here on numerous occasions - every year I go to Rome! New and wonderful flavors - white peach with sage, ginger, raspberry with rosemary - plus all the ususals. Plan to be there again this year - and plan to visit 'Teatro' more than once!

Date of visit: November 2015
Reviewed 9 August 2016 via mobile

I can't even count the number of gelaterie I've visited in Rome. Many, many are good even excellent. What sets this one apart is the freshness and uniqueness of the flavors. I've never encounter basil or rosemary used in gelato and they are delicious.