“Highly recommended”
Review of Palazzo Olivia

Palazzo Olivia
Ranked #66 of 1,134 Speciality Lodging in Rome
Reviewed 4 December 2009

Palazzo Olivia offers a wonderful and affordable alternative for excellent accommodation in the heart of Rome. Carla and Stefano could not have been more friendly or helpful. The property is a delightful and elegant townhouse on a quiet sidestreet close to Piazza Navona. The apartments are comfortable and well furnished with nicely finished and very clean kitchens and bathrooms with every amenity. I can't wait for my next visit !

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jetstreamartin
There are newer reviews for Palazzo Olivia

Reviewed 17 November 2009

We really enjoyed our 5 day/4 night-stay at Palazzo Olivia. It is ideally located to explore Rome by foot. The 1-bedroom flat was spacious, very clean and well equipped. Everything was included - no bad surprises. We highly recommend this place and look forward to staying there again in the future.

• Stayed: November 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 19 October 2009

We had a great stay at Palazzo Olivia. The apartment was very nice and well maintained. It is centrally located and felt we could have walked anywhere in Rome from there. Thank you and we hope to stay with you again.

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 28 September 2009

You cannot pick a better location in old Rome. At the foot of the Piz. Navonna, 3 minutes to the Pantheon and Piz. del Fiore, 20 minute walk to the Vatican, 15 to Castell d'Angelo, 20 minutes to the Spanish Steps and Trevi. via del Leutari intersects with via Governo Vecchio, one of the nicest streets in Rome, but best of all, you are 50 yards from the best pizza in rome, da Baffetto. Carla is great, helpful, apartments are more than adequate, i stayed in both a one bedroom and two bedroom. Sky TV, wi-fi, kitchenette, large bedrooms, i will always stay here when i travel to rome. Plus, its a gerat value. rick pierchalski

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank rickie610
Reviewed 27 September 2009

Just returned from Italy & we stayed at Palazzo Olivia (Apt Basilio) for 5 nights. The location was fantastic...close to Piazza Navona & Campo De Fiori. It's 30 feet from Corso Vittorio Emmanuele where you will find atm machines, taxi stands, bus stops, internet point, etc. While it's so close to a major street, Palazzo Olivia is on a small side-street which meant that there was no street noise at night. Plus, our bedroom was located away from the window so we didn't hear any night noise. We liked the fact that the apartment building had an elevator because otherwise it would have been very difficult to haul all of our luggage up to the 3rd floor. The apartment also is equipped with A/C which worked very efficiently & quietly. We used the A/C just in the late afternoon when we returned home for a few hours & then turned it off and used our ceiling fan at night. The apartment was very comfortable and clean & the location couldn't have worked out better. The only thing that I personally didn't like was that the bed is very hard but that seems to be the standard all over Italy (every hotel we stayed at had firm mattresses). Husband liked the firm mattress while I did not but after a long day of sight-seeing and walking, I slept like a baby. I would not hesitate to stay at Palazzo Olivia again and would not hesitate to recommend it to others.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled as a couple
2  Thank ccmsbm
Reviewed 29 August 2009

We stayed in the Basilio on the what we in the USA would call the 4th floor. It was quite spacious and it was nice to have a modified kitchen to cook some of our meals. The apt is near the Campo de’ Fiori where we daily purchased fruits, vegetables and pastas for our meals.

• Stayed: September 2006, travelled with family
Reviewed 19 July 2009

My wife and 2 kids and I stayed here for the first 2 nights of an almost month long European holiday. We were keen to stay here after reading about it on tripadvisor, but the only room available was " Berta", the smallest room. When we booked, Carla made it very clear that the room was usually only for 2 people. I insisted it would be ok. On arrival, my first reaction was that the room was tiny and I immediately set my mind to getting something bigger.
The room itself was very nice. My wife explained that all rooms in Europe are small, but by the second day I called the manager Carla and asked for a bigger room, but they were all full. Later that day, Carla called me and offered to not only release me from my 5 night booking, but to find me another, larger apartment.
She found one, just around the corner, bigger, more money but bigger.
Long story short..... it wasn't worth all the hassle. By the end of our trip, we were staying in rooms much smaller than the one we had at Palazzo Olivia. My kids were unhappy we moved too, because Palazzo Olivia was the only place we stayed in in Europe that had a good selection of cable T.V. for kids i.e. Disney Channel.
In summary, for the price, it was excellent, in a perfect location. And Carla will apparently do anything to make sure you're happy.

• Stayed: June 2009, travelled with family