“Nice Rooms, Ok Locations, Horrible Staff”
Review of H10 Roma Citta

H10 Roma Citta
Ranked #131 of 1,258 Hotels in Rome
Atlanta, GA
“Nice Rooms, Ok Locations, Horrible Staff”
Reviewed 18 May 2014

My sister and I stayed here for a few days on the first leg of our Italy adventure. The hotel its self was well appointed and the rooms were nice. The bed was very comfortable and the rooms was large enough. The bathroom was great, the shower was huge! The air conditioning didnt work which made sleeping a bear, but other than that the hotel was fine. The location could be tough, you were a ways outside of city center with a long crowded bus in between. Once you were out near the hotel it was very residential and not much to do. There was some shopping around and a few restaurants but pretty deserted.

The staff was the issue, when I got there a rude lady chased me down in the lobby and wouldnt let me go up to my sisters room because it was for 1 person only? We also asked for advice a few times on restaurants near by, trains, etc and every time we were lead astray. The lady told us to take a certain train to the vatican, we got to the train station and there is no such train. Our last night we went to have dinner near the hotel after walking around and around the building the lady pointed us to, it turned out the restaurant had closed several month earlier.

The rates are good and if you dont care about location then its fine but I think there are better in Rome.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank DaisyDot24
Comercial C, at H10 Roma Citta, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear guest,

First of all I would like to thank you for your recent stay in our hotel.

I am glad that in general you enjoyed your stay with us and I take the opportunity to clarify a couple of aspects.

I am sorry that you had problems with the air conditioning but I am not quite sure if you did inform our staff. If so I am sure that we sent you our technical staff and solved the problem. If you did not inform us it is a shame because our staff is available 24 hours also to solve any problem that may occur and we would have been more than happy to give you assistance.

Regarding the girl of reception that stopped you I have to inform you that if your sister had booked a single room we did have to register you and check you in as well. According the current Italian law the hotels must register all the people staying in their rooms.

I do not know exactly what happened with the train but there is one indeed travelling everyday every 20 minutes from Trastevere Station to the Vatican Area. The information that was given to you is correct. I am sorry though if for some reasons your were not able to find it.

Furthermore I apologize to you if by mistake we sent to a closed restaurant. We definitely should have checked before giving you directions.

Please, contact us directly (h10.roma.citta@h10hotels.com) and we will be more than happy to give you assitance.

The Management

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (135)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Helsinki
Reviewed 15 May 2014

Great neighbourhood, authentic Italian atmosphere. Walking distance from centre (4km), well, it's a bit of a hike, but still doable. Great restaurant close by, Pizzeria ai Marmi, best pizza's and real italian feeling. Downside was that pool was closed, opened during "summer days", even though in April it was +25C. Rooms were clean and quiet, beds were excellent.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank TTUHelsinki
Comercial C, The Management at H10 Roma Citta, responded to this review, 19 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for writing a review on Tripadvisor.

We are happy that you enjoyed your stay in our hotel and in Rome.

Even you if could not take a bath in our swimming pool I do hope that you spent some time on our terrace to relax and lay down on our sun chairs.

As stated on our web site we guarantee to our guests the possibility to access the water on summer time just because normally before summer the temperature is not suitable for such activity. In any case, every year, according to the weather we anticipate the opening of the pool (this year it will be tomorrow 20th may!).

Should you need future assistance, please write directly to us to h10.roma.citta@h10hotels.com.

Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel, very clean and spacious rooms, towels cery hard and smelt funny ..

not so overly friendly staff, we felt left out when standing at the front desk in a Que. to ask for advice, (as theres a bus they put on to take you and pick you up in the central city ) we often avoided this and made our own way, to save the being "snubbed" feeling.
location is poor & there's houses were people live right outside your pathway.. When on holiday I like to be away from the
& the pool is vey small and cramped, you had to practically Que. for a good half hour inside a red hot little door way until it was opened to get a chair, as they were few and far between, ( the pool should be round the back as there's a huge car parking space which only a few cars parked, this space would be an excellent choice for the hotel pool area) just my opinion .. There's a little gym and nail bar up stairs, no one ever used it ..
The Location isn't ideal, it's a trip to get into the main Rome to see the sights, also there's a park situated right next to the hotel and our window was facing it & it's not nice seeing dogs all day emptying there bowels when you want to take in the air of Italy .. :(
The maids are lovely and left my nightgown on my pillow each day, I gave them a bottle of wine after I left as rent were very nice and polite.
The meals were standard, the bar was very expensive but the chap who worked behind the bar was lovely so it made it worthwhile, plus he's cocktails were awesome !
There's Internet and telephones, seating area to chill ..
The surrounding area has a few local food restaurants & cafes, which sold cheap cold beers and wines, a fraction of the price to the hotel ..
On the Main Street .. There's lots of stalls and a market, look out for the cheapest stall as they keep getting cheaper the further you go up .. I would defiantly go Back to Rome but would prefer to be more in the
centre Italy is
a fabulous place and very romantic ... Will be going back one day, Belisimo x

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank LucyS551
Dear guest,

Thank you for writing a review on Tripadvisor and for choosing our hotel for your recent stay in Rome.

I am sorry I do not quite understand what you mean by "snubbed feeling". It would be interesting to know if someone did have a unpleasent behaviour towards you (and in that case we will defenitely do something about it) or if it was just a feeling. Our staff is normally for our guests one of the best aspects of their stay and we have always received a great feed-back.

I am sorry if you had to queue to ask for assistance. At check in we give our guests the chance to make a reservation for our shuttle and all the information needed to guarantee to erveryone a very pleasent stay.

Regarding the swimming pool I do accept your suggestion but I cannot agree with you; I truly believe that its acutal location is just great. Having it on the terrace on the roof top it normally gives our guest a great atmosphere and experience. In addition, I do not understand why you had to queue up to access the pool area. Would you be so kind to send us more details writing to h10.roma.citta@h10hotels.com? It would be pretty much appreciated.

I thank you again and I stay at your disposal should you need further assistance.

Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We recently stayed at the H10 Roma Citta hotel a very modern hotel out side of Rome. it was a great find but if your not willing to take buses to get to the sights then this is not for you. The hotel offers a shuttle bus to the main area of Vieneza Piazza but if you plan on staying late in Rome the bus schedule was not good. but this hotel is way so modern and and excellent price value.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank liz p
St Helens, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 May 2014

Okay, first things first, the location for tourists is not great. As other people have pointed out the trip to the city centre is via taxi or public transport. Taxi is a quite expensive and eye opening experience and the 170 bus is an out of this world experience. The buses can sometimes be quite full and you either accept being squashed and claustrophobic or wait for the next one and hope for the best. Right to the hotel, no complaints at all. The rooms are very adequate, nicely laid out and furnished, adequate hanging and storage, mini bar (not expensive considering what you would pay in other places) and well appointed. The breakfast is very nice, hot food, continental meats and cheese, fruit and yoghurt. The bar area is well set out, the cocktails are very nice and the choice of beers and spirits plentiful. The hotel is on the outskirts of Rome and it takes about 20 to 25 minutes to get into the centre. There are a couple of really nice restaurants within the immediate vicinity and all in all it was a great place to stay.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Valo2207
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 May 2014 via mobile

I stayed here with my husband for a few days and for starters the staff were friendly and showed us how to get about Rome and what to see. The room was a generous size with a beautiful bathroom. The minibar was expensive but then again Rome itself is expensive. We had no issues whatsoever and has encouraged us to book with H10 for further abroad holidays. The dinner was also magnificent with a lovely atmosphere.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank CoralMc2014
Reviewed 25 April 2014

I had the chance to stay there for three nights, during a seminar visit. I personally liked the hotel, the room and the service a lot. To my little experience I think it is a very fine hotel and the rooms they provided me with was very comfortable and nice. The service and people working there are very cooperative, welcoming and friendly. It is a 4-star hotel so the prices are a bit high. I need to say the location is not central and it could a bit stressful if you want to rely on metro times or buses. But once your used to, it can get easier.
I enjoyed very much my stay at this hotel, and if there will be another chance in the future I might go back there again.
Wish you great times.