“June 28 - July 6”
Review of H10 Roma Citta

H10 Roma Citta
Ranked #114 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 19 July 2014

The hotel is located in a residential area...which was awesome if you are wanting to be away from the hub bub of the tourist trap! I really enjoyed it. We walked everyday down Marconi to the subway station (a good 20 minute walk, but we would stop for our morning Cappuccino first ;) !). 24 Euros a person for 7 days unlimited to ride the subway...worked for us! Took us to the Coliseum area easy peasy. Marconi Street is a looooong street filled with shops and sidewalk vendors going both directions from the hotel! It was excellent to get what we wanted and needed for snacks and great deals on clothes!!!! No, there isn't a Prada store there lol BUT the shops were fantastic!!

The hotel's elevator gave out on the Friday before we left. So there was some inconvenience to that. However, they had their front desk staff come and get all our luggage on check out day, so that worked for us!!

If you stay on the 5th floor, it has the fitness room, spa and entrance to the rooftop pool. So the floor can be considered loud. The doors to the hallway/your rooms aren't made for the light sleeper.

The pool was extremely cold and the hot tub was not even warm, as well it was quite "dirty". I did express my distaste to the front desk about those two items.

The hotel room was unique in a way I've never encountered before. A bathroom with a frosted glass wall and door. So in other words, you hear everything from the "living area/beds". Remember, it's Europe: so one key card to stay in the card slot at your door to activate the power (which includes AC!). And don't open your window or the AC will shut off!!! LOL Learned that the hard way. Don't forget your power adapters!!! Beds are super duper comfy! Fridge & safe in the room and a lovely sized closet with a mini dresser!!

Food at the hotel was decent. No complaints here.

Lounge was different. I don't know if it was new staff or what, but the service there was reeeeally slow.

Staff was great! Friendly and knowledgeable and spoke excellent English.

Room Tip: Unfortunately I'm not keen on the rooms that much to indicate that there would be an ideal spot.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
4  Thank Lisa S
Write a ReviewReviews (2,305)

Reviewed 18 July 2014

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 17 July 2014

The hotel was amazing, the rooms were very nicely presented, with very comfy beds, mini bar, and lockable safe. The toiletries that were offered in the bathroom were replaced every day, and our beds and towels were also replaced. The breakfast was really good, with lots of different choices to cater for all types. The staff at the hotel were very polite and happy to help, and spoke fantastic English, which made the trip to Rome far more enjoyable.

Upon check-in me and my wife were given a map, and the lady who checked us in stage, showed us where all the major tourist locations were and how to get to them by public transport. The hotel offers a shuttle bus service, but once we finally got our heads around the public transport system we used that. But the hotels transport service costs €2 per way per person, which leaves at selected times. Yo use this service you need to book.

The hotel had a lovely sun terrace with an infinity pool which was lovely after the long walking. The pool is absolutely freezing cold, and in my opinion could do with a little heating ( I don't like cold water) but that didn't stop me going in. There are sun loungers as well, but every time my wife and I went up, we would have to sit on the hot wooden floor and wait for them to become free, which could take hours.

You are given pool towels, which was great as we didn't have to bring our own which saved space in our luggage. There was also a gym which was free to use and the option for spa treatment at an additional cost.

Overall fantastic hotel, which has made our experience in Rome perfect. I am happy to see that they have one in London, and will be booking with them off weekends there.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 July 2014

This hotel is conveniently located near the Trastevere railway station. When we first arrived we walked from the station with all our suitcases and it took us about 15 min while also window shopping. When you exit the station of Trastevere, turn right and walk along the wall of the station. Take the small steps down and turn right again. There you will find a short tunnel that will take you to viale Guglielmo Marconi and from here you walk ten minutes straight ahead, first crossing via Albert Einstein and later via Pietro Blaserna where you turn left. You continue straight ahead and when you have a playground on your left hand side you can see the hote as welll. At that point you turn left and you've arrived. Viale G. Marconi has loads of shops and supermarkets. You can catch bus 170 to any of Rome's sightseeing places and it stops on both side of the road very near the P. Blaserna street. The only minus is that there aren't any timetables at any bus stops in Rome so you will just need to wait for the bus patiently!
Check in process was really quick. We received a room on the second floor which we loved. It had a king size bed, safety box (which I used after reading some reviews on tripadvisor about theft in Rome), a minibar and a wonderful bathroom.
The room was cleaned spotlessly every day.
The swimming pool was really nice (however cold water) and here you've a gorgeous view of Trastevere. There was also a jacuzzi but it was out of order. The pool is open 10-21 with exception for Thursday when they close at 7pm for their cocktail evening.
We did not try the restaurant but it seemed really good. Breakfast costs €17, €14 if you purchase it upon check in. After we checked out we got to store our luggage until the evening and we got to use the pool as well.
We will definitely return to this hotel next time we are in Rome. I'd recommend this hotel to anyone, from couples, to groups and family. I stayed here with my teenage daughter.

Room Tip: We had room #242
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Giulia73
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Chose to go to this hotel as it had got some great reviews in the past. However, our stay did not live up to those wonderful reviews.

The hotel itself is lovely and has a lovely city modern feel to it. But when we were shown our room I was a little disappointed. I had booked a double room and I had got 2 single beds pushed together. Poorly disguised even as they were both dressed individually. Also the room was quite small and stuffy and the air conditioning did not work properly. Can't fault the cleanliness of room though and it was cleaned daily when plenty of fresh towels and toiletries.

Outdoor swimming pool area was far too small. We could not get a deck chair and had to opt to lying on our towels on the ground.

I would have to commend their shuttle bus service as it takes you to the city centre for just €2 per person. The location of this hotel was very good and was easily accessible to the city by catching the 170 bus. Loved the fact that all public transport in Rome can be accessed with one type of travel card for €1.50 and it can be used for up to 100 minutes. Worked a treat for us. Only thing is that buses stop around midnight so if you are planning a late one bear in mind you may have to pick the taxi route which cost us around €13 from city centre.

Room Tip: Make sure when booking a double room, you highlight the fact you want a double bed.
3  Thank BL719647
Reviewed 15 July 2014

We spent the first two days in Rome here. A bit off center, but it is very easy to take public transport or the hotel's shuttle bus, that only costs 50 cents more than the public bus. Perfect location to explore the Trastevere night life close by (which we did on our second night). We came here to relax the first two days, bathe in the amazing roof top pool and whirlpool and get in the holiday mode.
The hotel was nicely decorated, and the room we got 235, was very spacious and nicely decorated. Very high speed complementary wifi (very good for folks like us that are used to it and cannot be without internet!)
Very good complementary toiletry in the bathroom, which was equipped with bath, shower, and even a bidet! Nice!
The english speaking channels are close to none, but you might as well just hang by the pool! So much better! ;)
The breakfast buffet selection was worthy of 5 stars! Pastries, cakes, yogurt, all sorts of eggs, bacon, fruits salad bar which even had fresh coconut! And the cakes and even a chocolate fountain! Best breakfast buffet we have had!
We stayed two days, and just relaxed and tanned by the pool and enjoy the hotel. This is a four star with service at a 5 star level. Overall a great experience!

Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Miss L
Reviewed 13 July 2014

I had booked the trip to Rome on a deal through Expedia - the aim of the game was a cheap city break so whilst I had done my due-dilligence on hotels on TA, I have to admit that I was not expecting much from the hotel.

We pulled up into a neighbourhood that had graffitti on the walls and some industrial units and I did worry - however this was unfounded. I think the setting may put some off, but this was a charming neighbourhood with great resetaurants and cheap supermarkets. It really worked well with my budgeting. More later......

The hotel is a new, purpose built facility - modern and filled to the brim with some of the most helpful and efficient hotel staff I have ever enountered. I think this is a massive tick in the box for the place - nothing is too much trouble and its done quickly.

The room was minimalist in styling and we looked out onto a school which had obviously finished for summer so it was lovely and quiet. Had no issues with the cleanliness of the place. We tried room service which was suprisingly cheap - the quality was ok. I had a club sandwich (the bread was really sticky and thick but I know its not a dish native to Italy! We also tried to use the pool but due to lack of loungers, spent 20mins on a towel on the floor before I gave up - there are people who ring fence the beds with towels and wander off - management should be trying to stop this.

Breakfast is abundant - cereals, yoghurt, fresh fruit like Watermelon, pineapple, kiwi, some fried eggs and bacon (which doesnt look very appetising as its cooked en masse it still looks raw!) one of those infernal toast conveyor belts that does nothing but give toast a mild sun-tan and a bag load of pastries and cakes! You cant fail to find something you like and is worth the extra - however there is a little Gelateria on Via Pietro Blaserna (opposite the park) that does Coffee, Orange Juice and Pastry combo for €3.50.

We didnt use the hotel bus as it stops running at 4-5pm in the afternoon so it made more sense to rely on local modes of transport. We used the Bus #170 back and forth all week - you buy tickets for €1 from any Tabac but the hotel will give you a map to show you where the line runs to. You never wait more than 5mins for a bus but be warned at rush hour - people squeeze on until their is no room to breath! Can be quite a shock,

If you turn right out of the hotel, and turn right again at the top of the street by the park you are on Via Pietro Blaserna. Walk up - on the left is a Gelateria where you can sit out with a Peroni Beer costing only €1.80!! Keep walking and on the right is a little Pizza joint with a really friendly local feel - can get a slice of Pizza for a few Euros. Next door to this is a Lidl style supermarket which sells the best Prosecco for €3.25!!

We ate at neighbourhood joints Retro (twice, was so good!) and Osteria Mavi (which was a bit further away than Retro and a bit more nouveau cuisine on the portion sizes if you catch my drift but still nice)

Having spent 4 days trudging around Rome, with its frenetic pace - this was a little slice of sanity and real Rome that I would not have traded for the world.