H10 Roma Citta
US$429
US$408
Hotwire.com
2,366 results
All reviewsrooftop poolgreat hotelcentre of romeshuttle bustrastevere stationpublic transportsun loungersmodern hotelshuttle serviceresidential areahotel restaurantthe hotel offerseuros per personmini bararound the cornercity breakclose to the hotel
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Overall I have no real complaints about the hotel; it was modern and clean.The room was fantastic, it was roomy, comfortable and had good facilities. Were cleaned and serviced to a very high standard daily- cleaning staff a credit to the hotel. We never sampled the breakfast but did have an evening meal which was nice but we ate much better food else where.The reception staff were generally helpful but seemed slightly false which was off putting. Bar and restaurant staff were genuinely nice and went out their way to help. The bar does lovely cocktails, which are great on the terrace- albeit in plastic glasses :( The pool was a brilliant addition, was disappointed the jacuzzi was closed, which I found out by being shouted at by a member of staff the moment i got in, despite getting in after someone else who had occupied it for 20mins at least!!!! The location is in easy reach of the city center and there are shops around the corner but I didn't find a decent restaurant in walking distance, and it did seem to be in a residential area. The shuttle bus is a plus point- make sure you book, but the return bus from the center left far too early for us, later return times are needed!!! After a mission to get there from the airport via public transport we decided to take the hotel 'private' car service; it was about 45mins late, I was told it was booked at the wrong time despite repeating the time to the receptionist when booking several times. Late dash to airport, not what you need to end what was a lovely break. Then.... on going through security on our return flight at the airport my husband realised his phone was missing, about 15mins since leaving the private car; last seen in the car... Called the hotel to see if it had turned up in car, to be told we needed to email- obviously not an urgent matter to the hotel. Had a response later on to be told they had spoken to the driver and no phone had been found. Felt that staff could have been more helpful, instead felt as though because we had checked out we no longer mattered! Shame as hotel was of a very good quality and standards very high.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Comercial C, The Management at H10 Roma Citta, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience in our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am very happy that in the overall you had a pleasent stay.

I do not quite understand what you mean when you say "the reception was helpful but slighlty false". Would you be so nice to give me more details? It would be great if you could write an e-mail to h10.roma.citta@h10hotels.com. I thank you in advance for your help.

Furthermore I guarantee you that on the pool area we use plastic glasses for safety reasons: with standard glasses if someone dropped and broke a glass by accident someone could get hurt (expecially if the glass ended up in the pool).

I am sorry if the jacuzzi was out of order and that our notice was not sufficient for you. We will certainly do our best to improve comunication in these circumstances.

I apologize for the misunderstanding regarding the transfer reservation: I am glad though that you arrived in time to get your flight.

Regarding your lost phone I am afraid that we could not do anything else: as soon as you informed us we checked with the driver. He unfortunaltely confirmed that the phone was not in the car. I do understand that you were disappointed but in this particular case we really could not help you any further. I hope that you will understand that it does not have anything to do with the fact that you had already checked out.

Kind regards,

The Hotel Management

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed for 6 nights for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We arrived late at night and the room we were given was by the lift and stairs and we felt that it was noisy even at 1am. We requested another room and but non were available so were offered a suite for the night at no extra charge. Whilst we were out sightseeing all of our luggage was moved into a quiet room. The service provided by the reception was exceptional during our entire visit, they could not do enough to make us feel welcome whether a little information or booking shuttle buses or taxis.

We used the Shuttle Bus during our stay, into Rome at 9.30am & 11am, depending on spaces so my advice would be to book early. The bus is booked via reception cost e2 per person. The mini-bus drops off at a convenient location and picked up again at the same place, we returned on the 5pm shuttle, however the bus does a round Robin and other times were available.

On the first day we used the train from Travestere, this is approximately a 15 minute walk from the hotel and goes to Termini (Central Station) please be careful of PICKPOCKETS at the station it is very busy, you are able to spot them operating if you are observant enough.

The room, very clean and serviceable, just what you would expect but the bed was very comfortable and pillows soft. No tea or coffee making facilities in the standard rooms but there is a mini-bar. A safe is available at no extra cost and lots of storage space.

Breakfast was included in our booking which had a excellent selection of hot and cold items and fresh fruit. All hot food came out constantly and even the eggs stayed warm. Our only criticism, being a little bit of a coffee lover and this being a hotel in Italy, we found the coffee to be VERY disappointing as it came from a machine made with powdered coffee, which was absolutely awful! Having said this, there was a good selection of teas, other beverages and bottled waters, still and sparkling available during breakfast. We did not use the bar or restaurant as there are lots of these are available locally.

We used the roof top pool, which was a very cool plunge pool but nice after a long day walking around Rome, not very many sun loungers but we always managed to find a seat in the sun. Towel cards for the pool are supplied with the room and you collect clean and return used to reception.

All in all, we have a lovely time at the hotel and would stay here again but next time I would brings along a kettle and coffee. Our thanks to all the staff for their help in making our 25th Anniversary lovely.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sarah-Mick
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Upon arrival at the Hotel I found it to be in a…less than good location, with a lot of graffiti and also the not so nice looking flats where local people live However, with a nice revolving door to walk into, I did, finding out that the staff were extremely helpful and friendly, they welcomed us with a speedy check in with clear directions on how to get to our Room (101).

I then entered the Room and found that it was a spotlessly clean very modern, and looked brilliant, I did read on here however, that some of the sound-proofing is bad, however I didn't get to hear anything anyone else was doing in their rooms. I found that they gave you a free toothbrush, shower gel and shampoo, with a wonderful deep bath and powerful shower inside the Bathroom. The beds were very comfy. There is also 3 electrical plugs inside the room. With a desk, a comfy bench which you can use for your bag holder, this room was very good. A nice picture of the Coliseum was also on the wall, adding to this amazing room. It also had sliding doors for the wardrobe, which was a nice touch.The issue I had with the room was the bathroom door, now, it was a glass non-transparent door which was nice, however, it didn’t lock. Also, if viewed at a specific angle, you could, with help of the mirror, you could actually see the person on the toilet…

The food at breakfast was nice, the typical cornflakes, muesli and what-not, I also tried the bread-rolls, which were very nice. The dining room was very modern and lovely, with a coffee machine (Also serving tea and Hot Chocolate) to smile at. There was an array of fruits, cheeses, yoghurt's, cakes, cold meats anything you could think of really! All of which tasted delicious. Although I did find it strange that there was a dish of warm peas and carrots. There was also scrambled eggs, fried eggs and bacon for those wishing to have a cooked breakfast.

The swimming pool although small was enjoyable as it was on the roof of the hotel and had a selection of sunbeds and chairs to sit on. It was a shame that the Jacuzzi was not working during my visit.

The Hotel is only a two minute walk from the nearest bus stop to Rome (170) and bus tickets could be purchased from the newspaper kiosk just up the road from the hotel. All in all this hotel is definitely worth the money and if I was to return to Rome I would book this again.

Rating: 8.5/10

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Matthew D
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed in this hotel in June 2014 and our stay was a present from our son.

We decided to get public transport to the hotel and the instructions were straight forward although when we got dropped off on the bus, we had to ask for instructions on how to find it. The hotel was slightly out of the tourism area of Rome but the Public transport into the main area was good. You just have to buy a pass from the local kiosks

The public areas and hotel rooms were clean and modern but there was a play area outside and the view from the main lounge was the graffiti on the wall. The thing I feel I need to mention is the restaurant. The evening meal was the best I have had in a long time. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

This hotel is very clean, new, and reasonably priced. Only real downside is it is a bit outside of the city center with not much to see in the direct vicinity. They do offer a paid shuttle service and public transportation is easy to use.

Our room was a nice size with a king bed. That was our favorite part! Nice large shower too. My husband is 6'7"so we really appreciate these amenities.

Rooftop pool, fitness center, spa, room service, bar, and restaurant.

If I were to return to Rome I would stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014