My girlfriend and I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights during mid-August 2014. We were very impressed with the hotel and found it to be modern, clean and stylish. In addition, the front desk staff were fantastic and all seemed to command a high level of English which helped when seeking advice, general requests etc. The cleaning staff also did an excellent job with the general upkeep of the hotel as well as our bedroom. Our double room had all the amenities that you would expect as well as a very large and extremely comfortable bed! The TV did only have 1 English Channel (although this was offset by the fact there is free WiFi throughout the hotel) although this was hardly a major problem on a sightseeing holiday. The rooftop pool and gym facility provided a nice opportunity for some relaxation after a busy day trekking around Rome. There were some issues with the pool but it really was lovely up there during the early evening. Finally, the hotel should take great credit for the breakfast provided, it really was first class with enough options to keep even the fussiest of eaters satisfied.
It's hard to find fault with the hotel itself and our biggest gripes were, in the main, out of the hotels hands.
1) Distance from city centre was much further than expected and so we relied heavily on public transport. The 170 bus runs from just outside the hotel along the main road but this service seemed to only operate every 30 mins and it was difficult to establish at which times the buses would arrive at the stop. The journey into the centre was approx. 10/15 mins. By the end of our trip, having to catch this bus became rather tedious. The hotel do offer their own bus service at a 3 to 5 euro cost but this service only runs 3 times throughout the day and it's last journey into Rome is no later than 4pm. A service that leaves the hotel for the city centre circa 7pm with a return journey around 10/11 would really be handy for those eating in Rome centre.
2) The pool was lovely but there was a distinct lack of beds available. Clearly, space up on the terrace is limited but I think the hotel could be a bit smarter with the way they use the space.
Some tips that we would pass on...
1) buying a weekly travel pass was deemed good value at 24 euros but we never encountered any inspectors etc.
2) Gazometro is a really buzzing place full of bars, informal restaurants and is great for young people. It's only a 5 min walk away - have a look for it on the map that the hotel give you.
3) to get to trastevere, walk to the train station and catch a tram for about 5 mins. Great place for a night out.
4) Pre-book as much trips as possible - save you Qing time.
5) Santa Marinella is a nice-ish beach only 30 mins away via train from Trasrevere station. Catch the train heading to citievecchia, approx. 7 euros return.
6) fantastic gelati shop about 500 yards down the main road heading away from Rome. There is also a really great local restaurant in that area. Very cheap and full of locals - proper Italy.
Overall, excellent value for no money, hotel do the best they can to make your stay comfortable but just be conscious of distance from city centre when making daytime/evening plans.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located in the Marconi district, a commercial area close to the neighbourhood of Trastevere, the H10 Roma Città combines modern trends with hints of Italian tradition. This hotel features 181 rooms, 7 meeting rooms with natural light and an outdoor swimming pool with a sun loungers area and jacuzzi for relaxing during your stay. It also benefits from the Despacio Beauty Centre and a wide range of Mediterranean and international cuisine available in its Uno Zero Uno restaurant and Lobby bar. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jet2Holidays , Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Odigeo, Agoda, Hotels.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, LateRooms, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your H10 Roma Citta reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- h10 Roma Citta Rome
- h10 Roma Citta Hotel Rome