“City break in Rome”
Review of H10 Roma Citta

H10 Roma Citta
Ranked #119 of 1,269 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 24 August 2014

My girlfriend and I stayed in this hotel for 5 nights during mid-August 2014. We were very impressed with the hotel and found it to be modern, clean and stylish. In addition, the front desk staff were fantastic and all seemed to command a high level of English which helped when seeking advice, general requests etc. The cleaning staff also did an excellent job with the general upkeep of the hotel as well as our bedroom. Our double room had all the amenities that you would expect as well as a very large and extremely comfortable bed! The TV did only have 1 English Channel (although this was offset by the fact there is free WiFi throughout the hotel) although this was hardly a major problem on a sightseeing holiday. The rooftop pool and gym facility provided a nice opportunity for some relaxation after a busy day trekking around Rome. There were some issues with the pool but it really was lovely up there during the early evening. Finally, the hotel should take great credit for the breakfast provided, it really was first class with enough options to keep even the fussiest of eaters satisfied.

It's hard to find fault with the hotel itself and our biggest gripes were, in the main, out of the hotels hands.

1) Distance from city centre was much further than expected and so we relied heavily on public transport. The 170 bus runs from just outside the hotel along the main road but this service seemed to only operate every 30 mins and it was difficult to establish at which times the buses would arrive at the stop. The journey into the centre was approx. 10/15 mins. By the end of our trip, having to catch this bus became rather tedious. The hotel do offer their own bus service at a 3 to 5 euro cost but this service only runs 3 times throughout the day and it's last journey into Rome is no later than 4pm. A service that leaves the hotel for the city centre circa 7pm with a return journey around 10/11 would really be handy for those eating in Rome centre.

2) The pool was lovely but there was a distinct lack of beds available. Clearly, space up on the terrace is limited but I think the hotel could be a bit smarter with the way they use the space.

Some tips that we would pass on...

1) buying a weekly travel pass was deemed good value at 24 euros but we never encountered any inspectors etc.
2) Gazometro is a really buzzing place full of bars, informal restaurants and is great for young people. It's only a 5 min walk away - have a look for it on the map that the hotel give you.
3) to get to trastevere, walk to the train station and catch a tram for about 5 mins. Great place for a night out.
4) Pre-book as much trips as possible - save you Qing time.
5) Santa Marinella is a nice-ish beach only 30 mins away via train from Trasrevere station. Catch the train heading to citievecchia, approx. 7 euros return.
6) fantastic gelati shop about 500 yards down the main road heading away from Rome. There is also a really great local restaurant in that area. Very cheap and full of locals - proper Italy.

Overall, excellent value for no money, hotel do the best they can to make your stay comfortable but just be conscious of distance from city centre when making daytime/evening plans.

11  Thank LAB1989

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Fantastic Room, Amazing staff and good vibes around the hotel. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful. Room was great. Clean, Tidy and great for me and my friend.

Pros
Great staff
Amazing hotel
Good room

Cons
The local area was run and could get rather "clubby" This isn't the hotels fault as it's nothing to do with hotel.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Luke B
Reviewed 20 August 2014

The actual hotel is excellent. Very modern decor, free unlimited wifi which worked perfectly. found the staff to be very helpful, all speaking excellent english, Rooms were cleaned each day with fresh towels if needed. safe and fridge in room at no extra cost. pool on roof fab.
The location is reflected in the price paid. You are in a residential area with very few restaurants. The 170 bus stop is at the end of the road which gets you into the city centre in approx 20 mins. and buses run til midnight. As long as you are aware aware of this (which we were) then the hotel is just about perfect. Just dont expect views of the pantheon, as this standard of hotel in the city centre, you would be paying twice the price.

3  Thank stegawalsall
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Overall I have no real complaints about the hotel; it was modern and clean.The room was fantastic, it was roomy, comfortable and had good facilities. Were cleaned and serviced to a very high standard daily- cleaning staff a credit to the hotel. We never sampled the breakfast but did have an evening meal which was nice but we ate much better food else where.The reception staff were generally helpful but seemed slightly false which was off putting. Bar and restaurant staff were genuinely nice and went out their way to help. The bar does lovely cocktails, which are great on the terrace- albeit in plastic glasses :( The pool was a brilliant addition, was disappointed the jacuzzi was closed, which I found out by being shouted at by a member of staff the moment i got in, despite getting in after someone else who had occupied it for 20mins at least!!!! The location is in easy reach of the city center and there are shops around the corner but I didn't find a decent restaurant in walking distance, and it did seem to be in a residential area. The shuttle bus is a plus point- make sure you book, but the return bus from the center left far too early for us, later return times are needed!!! After a mission to get there from the airport via public transport we decided to take the hotel 'private' car service; it was about 45mins late, I was told it was booked at the wrong time despite repeating the time to the receptionist when booking several times. Late dash to airport, not what you need to end what was a lovely break. Then.... on going through security on our return flight at the airport my husband realised his phone was missing, about 15mins since leaving the private car; last seen in the car... Called the hotel to see if it had turned up in car, to be told we needed to email- obviously not an urgent matter to the hotel. Had a response later on to be told they had spoken to the driver and no phone had been found. Felt that staff could have been more helpful, instead felt as though because we had checked out we no longer mattered! Shame as hotel was of a very good quality and standards very high.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Comercial C, The Management at H10 Roma Citta, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience in our hotel on Tripadvisor.

I am very happy that in the overall you had a pleasent stay.

I do not quite understand what you mean when you say "the reception was helpful but slighlty false". Would you be so nice to give me more details? It would be great if you could write an e-mail to h10.roma.citta@h10hotels.com. I thank you in advance for your help.

Furthermore I guarantee you that on the pool area we use plastic glasses for safety reasons: with standard glasses if someone dropped and broke a glass by accident someone could get hurt (expecially if the glass ended up in the pool).

I am sorry if the jacuzzi was out of order and that our notice was not sufficient for you. We will certainly do our best to improve comunication in these circumstances.

I apologize for the misunderstanding regarding the transfer reservation: I am glad though that you arrived in time to get your flight.

Regarding your lost phone I am afraid that we could not do anything else: as soon as you informed us we checked with the driver. He unfortunaltely confirmed that the phone was not in the car. I do understand that you were disappointed but in this particular case we really could not help you any further. I hope that you will understand that it does not have anything to do with the fact that you had already checked out.

Kind regards,

The Hotel Management

Reviewed 17 August 2014

Stayed for 6 nights for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. We arrived late at night and the room we were given was by the lift and stairs and we felt that it was noisy even at 1am. We requested another room and but non were available so were offered a suite for the night at no extra charge. Whilst we were out sightseeing all of our luggage was moved into a quiet room. The service provided by the reception was exceptional during our entire visit, they could not do enough to make us feel welcome whether a little information or booking shuttle buses or taxis.

We used the Shuttle Bus during our stay, into Rome at 9.30am & 11am, depending on spaces so my advice would be to book early. The bus is booked via reception cost e2 per person. The mini-bus drops off at a convenient location and picked up again at the same place, we returned on the 5pm shuttle, however the bus does a round Robin and other times were available.

On the first day we used the train from Travestere, this is approximately a 15 minute walk from the hotel and goes to Termini (Central Station) please be careful of PICKPOCKETS at the station it is very busy, you are able to spot them operating if you are observant enough.

The room, very clean and serviceable, just what you would expect but the bed was very comfortable and pillows soft. No tea or coffee making facilities in the standard rooms but there is a mini-bar. A safe is available at no extra cost and lots of storage space.

Breakfast was included in our booking which had a excellent selection of hot and cold items and fresh fruit. All hot food came out constantly and even the eggs stayed warm. Our only criticism, being a little bit of a coffee lover and this being a hotel in Italy, we found the coffee to be VERY disappointing as it came from a machine made with powdered coffee, which was absolutely awful! Having said this, there was a good selection of teas, other beverages and bottled waters, still and sparkling available during breakfast. We did not use the bar or restaurant as there are lots of these are available locally.

We used the roof top pool, which was a very cool plunge pool but nice after a long day walking around Rome, not very many sun loungers but we always managed to find a seat in the sun. Towel cards for the pool are supplied with the room and you collect clean and return used to reception.

All in all, we have a lovely time at the hotel and would stay here again but next time I would brings along a kettle and coffee. Our thanks to all the staff for their help in making our 25th Anniversary lovely.

1  Thank Sarah-Mick
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Upon arrival at the Hotel I found it to be in a…less than good location, with a lot of graffiti and also the not so nice looking flats where local people live However, with a nice revolving door to walk into, I did, finding out that the staff were extremely helpful and friendly, they welcomed us with a speedy check in with clear directions on how to get to our Room (101).

I then entered the Room and found that it was a spotlessly clean very modern, and looked brilliant, I did read on here however, that some of the sound-proofing is bad, however I didn't get to hear anything anyone else was doing in their rooms. I found that they gave you a free toothbrush, shower gel and shampoo, with a wonderful deep bath and powerful shower inside the Bathroom. The beds were very comfy. There is also 3 electrical plugs inside the room. With a desk, a comfy bench which you can use for your bag holder, this room was very good. A nice picture of the Coliseum was also on the wall, adding to this amazing room. It also had sliding doors for the wardrobe, which was a nice touch.The issue I had with the room was the bathroom door, now, it was a glass non-transparent door which was nice, however, it didn’t lock. Also, if viewed at a specific angle, you could, with help of the mirror, you could actually see the person on the toilet…

The food at breakfast was nice, the typical cornflakes, muesli and what-not, I also tried the bread-rolls, which were very nice. The dining room was very modern and lovely, with a coffee machine (Also serving tea and Hot Chocolate) to smile at. There was an array of fruits, cheeses, yoghurt's, cakes, cold meats anything you could think of really! All of which tasted delicious. Although I did find it strange that there was a dish of warm peas and carrots. There was also scrambled eggs, fried eggs and bacon for those wishing to have a cooked breakfast.

The swimming pool although small was enjoyable as it was on the roof of the hotel and had a selection of sunbeds and chairs to sit on. It was a shame that the Jacuzzi was not working during my visit.

The Hotel is only a two minute walk from the nearest bus stop to Rome (170) and bus tickets could be purchased from the newspaper kiosk just up the road from the hotel. All in all this hotel is definitely worth the money and if I was to return to Rome I would book this again.

Rating: 8.5/10

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
5  Thank Matthew D
Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed in this hotel in June 2014 and our stay was a present from our son.

We decided to get public transport to the hotel and the instructions were straight forward although when we got dropped off on the bus, we had to ask for instructions on how to find it. The hotel was slightly out of the tourism area of Rome but the Public transport into the main area was good. You just have to buy a pass from the local kiosks

The public areas and hotel rooms were clean and modern but there was a play area outside and the view from the main lounge was the graffiti on the wall. The thing I feel I need to mention is the restaurant. The evening meal was the best I have had in a long time. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple