“Convenient, clean and secure”
Review of Mosaic Hostel

Mosaic Hostel
Ranked #70 of 1,148 Speciality Lodging in Rome
Reviewed 31 August 2012

This was the nicest hostel I stayed at in Italy. It's a short walk from the main station, 10 minutes if you are a slow walker. The staff were very friendly and recommended some good eateries and attractions.

I stayed in a 4 bed dorm which was spacious - we had a seperate room with alcove and adjoinging ensuite which was great for separating the sound. Buzzers for each level and the front door, keys to rooms and lockers made the hostel quite secure.

Breakfast was also included - good if you are on a budget. The atmosphere was a bit lacking but in part due to the size of the common area and alcohol being more expensive in Italy. I would definitely recommend staying here if you're in Rome, this hostel was consistently good.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank smjohnston

Reviewed 28 August 2012

Unfortunately it's the worst hostel I stayed in. The bed was clean (which is a must), so was the room during the first 2 days of my 4 days stay in Rome. Actually they told me it's getting cleaned every day. I booked a female dorm and it happend to be a mixed one. No one at the reception wanted to help me out, they told me "they don't have female dorms" which they clearly offer on their homepage. The bar is not a bar, it just to look at, you can not order. The breakfast was the worst I ever had, so it's a good advice not to try it. Bathrooms were very old and rocked out. Unfortunately the cleaning service took my towel and brought it back dirty (at the beginning of my trip) and they didn't offered me a laundry service for it even it was not my fault. To make it short, the only plus is it's situated very close to the Termini Station, the staff is nice and you can meet very nice people there. But they should improve cleaniness, breakfast and their living room to make it a place to recommend.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 August 2012

We arrived before check in time and we were able to leave our bags at the hostel whilst we waited for our room to be ready. The lady at reception showed us on the map all of the sights we should see whilst in Rome. The staff at the hotel are really nice and helpful. We had a double room which was really secure as we had to be buzzed into the hostel and then into the corridor where our room was located. It was a decent size room with a decent size bathroom and the air conditioning was perfect!! Free wifi in the room and worked well. The hostels free breakfast was nothing fancy but it did the job. The hostel is close to Termini station and within walking distance to most of the major sights (if you don't mind walking).
We loved our stay at Mosaic hostel and would definitely book again if we returned to Rome.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 August 2012

Stayed at the hotel for the first two nights of our trip and then back again for the night before the flight home. First impressions of the area were not good, on a very busy street, full of traffic. Once inside things improved. Given a room with balcony and a large bathroom. The staff are helpful and friendly and the rooms and reception,dining area are clean and bright. Basic but tasty breakfast. Once you get used to Madaba it proves to be a very nice base and we met some lovely local people.

Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 July 2012 via mobile

Stayed three nights. Easy to find and the owner, younger female, very nice and helpful. Breakfast is more than expected for a hostel. I had a private room with double bed and.private bath. Descent enough since.likely.only uaed to sleep n shower. Nice AC but my wife and I didn't have enough covers for both, double bed, too small for two adults. Overall, nice and quiet however, u do hear the younger people coming back from bars, opening/shutting doors. Would stay again tho.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 4 June 2012

Really friendly, helpful staff made us feel very comfortable. Our twin private room was quiet and very clean. Only 1 washroom (toilet/shower) per floor but we rarely had to wait. Because of the small rooms and separate floors, it felt less like a hostel and almost like a low-budget hotel, especially since it was low-season so there wasn't much going on with people in the common area, but it was perfect for us. A little further from downtown (20-30 minute walk) but it was worth it to be in a clean and safe hostel! The location was also good because it was close to the train station. For dinner one night we went practically next door (il cuore di napoli) and had the best pizza I've ever had!

Room Tip: Might be worth it to get an en suite bathroom, especially during busy summer months, if you don'...