“Done the Job”

Ranked #58 of 1,099 Speciality Lodging in Rome
London, United Kingdom
“Done the Job”
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Cannot fault the experience, went with my 6th form at the age of 17. A fair breakfast is available every morning. This consists of; bread rolls, cereals, cakes, biscuits, Orange Juice and Tea (you take your pick.) Most of the beds would not be great for a larger individual (look at the pictures.) The Hostel is near a lot of the attractions, not a long walk and their are 2 Metro stations nearby (Termini and Castro Pretorio) which can take you to a variety of attractions. Also, WiFi is available but from my experience it is better on some floors than others.

Room Tip: Their are around 7 floors, so if you don't like stairs or lifts go for the bottom levels.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 20 January 2014 via mobile

The hostel has everything you need. I lost my diary and Andrea looked for it and sent it all the way to Australia for me! A big thanks for that. :D

The only negative was that the wifi was intermittent. Otherwise, clean and close to the centre of town. Walking distance to all the big things.

• Stayed January 2014
1 Thank Lavish O
Reviewed 27 December 2013 via mobile

Truly in the essens of a trip i only expect a decent bed and a clean room. Room was clean (not very clean), but the beds where for children or more like toys bed. Doble deckers bed that can only support people of around 65kg and not more tall thab 1;70 mtd. Plz avoid if you want a good rest and especially if you are bigger than a hobbit./ las camas marineras son para chichos. No hay forma q soporte el peso de una persona de mas de 65 kg y mas altas q 1,70!

1 Thank Leonardo I
Paris, France
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Never needed a guide after SUCH a comprehensive guidance from the lady at the reception who made sure we knew the best times to visit the best places in the least rush and have fun!

The breakfast's sorta unlimited, good point, The bedrooms are real comfy with a study table, eating table et al. Great for groups. Even got an extra bed added on request.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 8 October 2013

Very convenient location! My BF and I woke up and walked around the corner to Termini and caught the big red tour bus which took us all over Rome. Right when we got there I was a little irritated we couldn't check in, but they had a cozy area for us to sit, watch movies, use free Wifi and use their very clean facilities. Seemed like a lot of younger groups were there on holiday. Our room was on the third floor (yes they have an elevator) and you had to have a key just to get down the hall (very secure). We shared a bathroom, but everything was super clean and kept in good shape. Our room was BIG! We had plenty of storage in the wardrobe and even a refrigerator. Next to a lot of great places to eat and shop in the farmer's markets. 24/7 staff was there to assist you with anything you needed. I really enjoyed everything about this place, but it was slightly pricy considering their free breakfast consisted of assorted cereal and juice.

Room Tip: Near Termini, Quiet rooms, walking neighborhood near university
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MissMayo90
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 24 September 2013

When my cousin and I arrived in Rome from Florence, we weren't overwhelmed with Mosaic Hostel to say the least. It's in a bit of a dodgy area and - although it's a short walk from Piazza della Repubblica and Via Nazionale - it's still quite a trek to the Colosseum, Trevi Fountain, Spanish Steps, etc. It's also a definite metro ride from the Vatican City and Trastevere district.

The room was basic and lacked some essential things that were in all our other hostels such as a reading light and storage cabins - there was a semi-private bathroom outside the room that was decent enough but was quite unclean.

I have to say the biggest downfall of Mosaic Hostel was the staff - at first, they appeared initially helpful as they suggested a few helpful hints about Rome's biggest attractions (i.e. Always visit the Vatican in the afternoon) but then tried to sell heavily overpriced bogus tours to these said attractions. Second, they wouldn't let me access the link to print off mine and my cousin's boarding passes because they were worried they'd "acquire viruses" - they then made us pay to print off the passes. Thirdly, my cousin and I wokeup very early in order to catch a "first come first serve" bus to Rome Ciampino Airport and were told we "hadn't paid" by a very gruff/abrasive Italian receptionist. When he discovered that we had days prior, he then told us that we could only pay our 12 Euros tourist tax in cash. We were getting a bit panicky at this point as we were nearing bus departure time and were nowhere near the station - we asked this receptionist where the nearest ATM was and he vaguely waved his hand. We then sprinted all around the random streets outside the hostel attempting to find an ATM - we eventually did, paid the tax, and sprinted to the station. We barely made our bus and it was a significantly low way to spend our trip in Rome.

It's not a social hostel so if you're a solo traveler looking for a basic and budget-abiding hostel in Rome, then Mosaic is a decent enough resolution.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Ciara R
Reviewed 13 September 2013

I stayed one night in Mosaic hostel everything was perfect . I stayed in 4 bedroom dorm with private bath. The room was spacious and clean with private lockers , the AC was working properly . The location is convenient abt 10 mins walking to termini station. The staff is amazing specially Andrea , she was very helpful she planned the whole site seeing and attractions for me that will fit my stay in rome.I totally recommend this hostel .

• Stayed September 2013