“Welcoming Small Hotel”

Beau Site - Antica Residenza
Ranked #602 of 1,270 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 27 January 2013

I spent 3 nights at the Hotel Beau Site in Rome and I am very happy with my decision to stay there. It only has 7 rooms, and is located on the 2nd floor of a mixed use Beau Arts style building on Via Ludovisi. I was travelling by myself, so I was given a smaller room, but it still had everything I needed. A king sized bed, large wardrobe with plenty of hangers, a mini bar, safe, and electric tea kettle, along with a large flat screen television mounted on the wall. He has SkyTV service, so there are a variety of English channels. The bathroom was large, and had a standing corner shower. It also comes equipped with huge bathtowels, better than I have seen in any hotel. My only complaint was that I could not pick up a wifi signal in my room, though it was strong in the corridor and the breakfast room.
What makes this place truly special is the care and hard work put into the hotel by Fabrizio and Linda. They will gladly answer your questions about Rome, and try their best to insure you have a pleasant stay. They make it feel as though you are staying in the home of friends.
The hotel is also extremely quiet. At first I thought I was the only guest in the place, because I never heard other guests until morning when the light breakfast is served. The street it is also carries very little traffic, so there is not much outside noise either. Speaking of location, you are sandwiched between the Eden and Excelsior hotels, in a very nice area. Yet you are literally only 5 minute's walking to the top of the Spanish Steps. There is a Metro station there, or at the base of the Via Veneto at Piazza Barberini, another 5 minute's walk away.
I would stay at this hotel again, and recommend it to other's without any reservation.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Grnwayrob
BeauSiteRome, Proprietario at Beau Site - Antica Residenza, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Dear Rob,

Thanks again for the lovely words you spent about us.

We had a very good time meeting you and we are very glad you felt so comfortable here.

We hope we get the chance to see you again very soon.

Reviewed 21 January 2013

We had a fantastic stay at Beau Site. Fabrizio warmly welcomed us when we arrived and throughout the entire stay he and Linda were fantastic. They were always there and willing to provide tips and advice on where to go, where to eat, who had the best sales etc. The hotel itself is in a brilliant location. Approx 5 minute walk to the Spanish Steps and about 30 minute walk to the Colosseum. There is also a metro station nearby if required. We were upgraded to a Deluxe Room from a Classic Room (thanks again Fabrizio) and felt the room was large. We could store our 2 large suitcases and 2 carry on bags and still see the floor, which was something we missed during the rest of our trip! The breakfast room was nice, as was the breakfast which consisted of a choice of croissants, cakes, yoghurts, fruits and drinks. Overall we thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend to Beau Site to anybody looking for accommodation in Rome.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
BeauSiteRome, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Beau Site - Antica Residenza, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2013

Dear Elissa,

Thank you very much for the lovely review!

It was a pleasure to have you here and we hope to see you soon again.

Reviewed 18 January 2013

Stayed at the Beau Site for 3 nights in January, a post Christmas break to blow away the January blues, it did just that.
We love a bit of luxury but bearing in mind we knew we wouldn’t be in the hotel much, there is just sooo much to see in Rome. No point at all in paying for a 5* hotel that we wouldn’t even see much of! I had no idea we would get so much for our money staying here.

I don’t even know where to start with the positives. It was just everything we needed and more.

The property its self is decorated beautifully and, personally, I loved how small and compact it was. It meant that the owners knew who you were, what room you were in without having to ask. Such a personal experience you don’t get in most places.

Location was perfect, not only 5 mins walk from the heart of Rome but close the Borghese Gallery Gardens. Great to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city. Also the famous Via Veneto is on your door step, just beautiful.

The room was really quaint and have everything we needed, even the mini bar was very reasonably priced (and so got raided a couple of times, ha ha).

I know a few people mentioned the breakfast as a Con but we really liked it. Typical Italian breakfast from what I can tell. Sorry but if you want a full English, forget Rome and get yourself to Benidorm instead!

The owner was just so helpful and friendly. Even down to offering us an umbrella when it was raining, the little things make one great experience. Giving directions and suggestions seamed second nature and nothing was too much trouble for him, or any of the staff for that matter.

To sum up (because I could go on and on!) Great place, so friendly, great value for money and don’t bother looking elsewhere. My tip would be Book through their website for the best price.
Thanks to everyone at the Beau Site for making our Rome experience so wonderful!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
BeauSiteRome, Proprietario at Beau Site - Antica Residenza, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Dear Laura,

Thank you very much for your nice review, we really appreciate that.

We would like you to know how glad we are that you appreciated our typical italian breakfast.

Thanks for the great suggestion you gave about booking a stay on our website! Benefits and discounts are always guaranteed there.

Hoping to have you soon again as our guest,

Fabrizio Ricciardolo
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 24 December 2012

We had an excellent stay at Beau site. The location was superb, being in a very elegant part of Rome and only a short 5-10 mins walk from the Spanish Steps and the heart of Rome. It is literally walking distance to many tourist attractions, restaurants and the shopping district.

The hotel itself is a lovely small boutique hotel with around seven rooms, all the rooms and the breakfast room are the same floor giving it a very personal feel. The hotel reception is manned 24 hours and it feels very safe and secure.

We were very well looked after by Linda who was so friendly and went out of her way to recommend some of the highlights of Rome, gave us advice on how to get around and also helped us book our entrance to the Vatican Museums which was one of the highlights of our trip.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay here and I would have no hesitation staying at Beau site again and would highly recommend it to any friends or family visiting Rome.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
BeauSiteRome, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Beau Site - Antica Residenza, responded to this reviewResponded 27 December 2012

Dear Karen,

Thank you so much for your review!

I'm glad I helped to make your stay enjoyable, and I hope to have you here again very soon.

Linda

Reviewed 20 December 2012

We stayed here 1 night prior to boarding a cruise ship. What a fabulous find right off the Via Veneto!!!! Working with Fabrizio prior to the visit was a wonderful, informative & fast response time experience. He arranged EVERYTHING for us.

This is a very small--7 rooms-- boutique hotel that is just lovely in a GREAT location. The rooms are very clean, neat, have all the necessary amenities and comfy beds and free WiFi!!!

Fabrizio recommended a place around the corner for dinner, Vladaimiro's and we had a fabulous meal & great atmosphere. He also opened the morning meal room for us after dinner & served us a bottle of wine & we met another couple there & his girlfriend, Linda came in & visited as well. They are just like your own family & can't do enough for you.

In the morning, they had a lovely breakfast spread all laid out nicely & delicious.

EXCELLENT ATMOSPHERE & SERVICE!!!! We were only sad it was such a short stay. I can't recommend this hotel enough, we WILL return!!!!

Room Tip: ALL rooms appear to be good!
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

What a pleasure it is to read this beautiful review!

Thank you very very much for your lovely words about us,

We are both looking forward to have you here again!

Reviewed 13 December 2012

This 7 room hotel is all about quaint. It is on the 2nd floor of a building in a very good location. Linda and Fab are top class! Anything you need, they do their best to accommodate. In addition, you will feel like best friends after 24 hours! This small hotel is very well reviewed and I can see why. I found it very personal, which is something I like. You are a name and not a number.
The rooms are adequate in amenities and size and are very clean.
My one very minor issue is the breakfast. It is small, healthy and fresh, and eggs are offered as an extra. I would have preferred eggs to be free or not offered at all, but that is just me being picky! Tea and coffee are served promptly on arrival, and always with a smile.
I am fortunate that I travel 100 nights a year, and feel like I know a good hotel when I use one. This is a very nice hotel, run by very nice people, and if you want the small personal touches, I would strongly recommend the Beau Site.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business
BeauSiteRome, Proprietario at Beau Site - Antica Residenza, responded to this reviewResponded 28 December 2012

Dear Chris,

Thank you so much for your nice review.

We are so glad we had you here as our guest, because your suggestions and your opinion, being a Hotel Inspector, are professional and detailed.

We try to do our very best for each of our guests, and we are really considering your advices, especially about breakfast.

We hope to have you here again, to make your next stay at Beau Site even more enjoyable.

Fabrizio

Reviewed 10 December 2012 via mobile

The hotel (2nd floor in a very nice building) was warm and welcoming. The price was decent and the room was clean and nice. The staff and especially Linda and Fabrizio helped us with recommendations and answers to our questions with a big smile. Breakfast was really nice and the view from the breakfast room was lovely. The hotel has nice touches such as jazz music in the morning and an iPad on the front desk with the days' temperature that day. Also great location right next to the spanish steps, close to the metro and to the bus that goes straight to Trastevere.
The only little downer was that we didn't have really steaming hot water every day (and December in Rome is cold) cause we like our water to be burning... :)
But, all an all, was a great little gem in Rome.

• Stayed: December 2012
ludovisi45, Responsabile relazioni pubbliche at Beau Site - Antica Residenza, responded to this reviewResponded 11 December 2012

Dear Noga,

Thank you for your nice review! It was our pleasure to have you both here,

We hope to see you soon again.

Cheers!