“Fantastic location & view with balcony but very run down”
Review of Pace Elvezia

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Rome
Pace Elvezia
Ranked #955 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
Leeds
“Fantastic location & view with balcony but very run down”
Reviewed 5 August 2013

My husband and I stayed here for the last day/night of our honeymoon in August 2013. The location is absolutely spot on, literally two minutes away from the Trevi fountain and round the corner from Via del Corso. The view we had from our gorgeous balcony was fantastic, we could see Il Vittoriano from our room, which did go some way to making up for the generally dated and terribly decorated room itself. The whole hotel is in need of freshening and lightening up. The wallpaper in the corners of the corridor outside our room was a little buckled and ready to drop off and the room felt dark with heavily patterned wallpaper, carpet and bedspread coupled with dark wood furniture. The bathroom was spotlessly clean but the bin and toilet brush looked a little yellow and manky and there was so much limescale on the shower head it meant the water only came out as a well meaning dribble! I think if we'd have been booked in for more than one night I may have felt a little cheated. This definitely isn't a four star hotel but it's a good 3 star in a virtually unbeatable location.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony or near the roof terrace - definitely the bast feature of the hotel.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Orpington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2013

5 nights in July 2013 in a hotel that has listened to it's reviews.
We had room 104 on 6th floor, just 1 flight down for excellent roof garden.
New mattress, air conditioning that worked and refurbished bathroom that was spotless! Breakfast ok. Safe in room and strong Wi-Fi everywhere.
Location could not be better for restaurants, Colloseum, the Forum etc.
New carpets being laid on staircases while we were there
Would have given 'excellent ' if they had redecorated the walls etc, but I guess that is next. Thank you Pace Elvezia!

Room Tip: ask for back of hotel high up- great views and quieter than front of hotel
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Chesterfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Myself and my partner stayed at this hotel in July 2013 for 4 nights. The location was brilliant, near the colloseum, the Trevi Fountain, shopping, restaurants etc. Lots to do and see within walking distance. The hotel itself was very average though, I wouldn't have rated it 4 star. It is starting to get tatty around the edges but to be fair the hotel did seem to be aware of this and were doing some work while we were there. Our room was very small but I have stayed in lots of old European Hotels and this is normal for the building style. The room was clean, air conditioning worked. The breakfast was Ok / good, to be expected for a continental. The staff were friendly but we didn't really deal with them much other than to order a taxi for the airport and to check in and out.
My only real complaint was the noise. The walls are very very thin and when in your room everything going on in the corridors and even in rooms opposite if loud enough could be heard so every morning around 7.00am we were woken up. The doors lock with keys not modern key cards so everyone locking and unlocking their doors could be heard even if they were quiet themselves. Our room was at the back of the hotel so I cannot comment on the road noise. There were a lot of sirens (maybe a police / ambulance near) but I expect this noise in a city so no real complaint there.
All in all I would say it was average, not terrible but not brilliant. I would look for a different hotel next time but if I had a great deal offered at this hotel I wouldn't be adverse to going back especially with the location.

Room Tip: Maybe ask for a room at the back away from the main road.
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
vlaams brabant
Reviewed 4 February 2013

We stayed for three nights. The hotel is 20 minutes walk from the termini station where the busses stop from the airport. One our way we found a little neighbourhood with a couple of outstanding local roman cuising restaurants like La Carbonara. We ate great in that resto and in the ones next to that one. Great pubs and local style cafes in that area. Right of the colloseum

The hotel hasn't seen any renovation in the last 20years but i guess that's everywhere in Rome. We liked the location, close to everything and almost located at the roman forum and the colloseum. On the roof terras you have an overview of Rome.

The hotel has a noice issue. It is located in a bussy connection street. We slept good but found the matrass too hard and had to put some blankets under us to compensate the hard matress. I guess if you book a room you should ask for a room in the back.

The breakfast is good and the staff is verry helpfull and friendly.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank hoegaarden
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 15 December 2012

Splendid location

Wonderful location, in the middle of everything in Rome: behind the hotel the Vittorio Emanuele monument and the Trajan’s column; near the hotel Palazzo Colonna via della Pilotta, Quirinale, Via dei Fori Imperiali; Fontana Trevi and Piazza di Spagna at walking distance; a nice bar and restaurants very near. Nice staff at the hotel, the breakfast was OK, the room also OK (but no hot water at 9h. in the morning twice in 5 days). Splendid view from the terrace, probably a very pleasant place to have breakfast… but not in December. A taxi station just behind the hotel, very convenient. An ideal hotel for tourists who want visit Rome walking and enjoying beautiful views everywhere.

Room Tip: The quieter rooms are in the back.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank silvisly
Zurich, Switzerland
Reviewed 14 November 2012

I am surprised at the negative reviews I read about this hotel. I am a very frequent traveller and I learnt how to adjust expectancy in line with the city and period I'm travelling. In Rome city center you should expect hotels in old historical buildings where things maybe a bit old fashioned and old style.

I stayed at Elvezia for 2 nights with my wife and our 10 month old baby. Everything was very good from the first minute we arrived. THe reception staff was very friendly and gave us a very good room with a baby cot .

THe location cant be better, 5 min walk to Cliseum, 10 min to PAntheon and 12 to PIazza NAvona. Internet at rooms, good breakfast friendly staff.

What else ?...

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank GokhanOzkan
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 1 October 2012

Our poor experience began with check in and the lack of attention from reception staff. Our room was between 2 elevators however the only room with a balcony. It was a hot day and the air conditioner did not work. To open the window is possible but the noise from the traffic is unbearable. The decor is very old. To sit on the toilet one had to position their knees under the wash basin. The only satisfactory result was when we complained and moved to a back room with working air conditioner. Plenty more hotels in Rome

Stayed October 2012
1 Thank Loney60

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels