“Finally! A good meal in Rome.”
Review of Ristorante Tema

Ristorante Tema
Ranked #307 of 12,268 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Romantic, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Brunch, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Monti
Melbourne
“Finally! A good meal in Rome.”
Reviewed 3 April 2012

After several dead ends with meals that just didn't stack up, including old favorites that don't seem to be as good any more, this was a real treat. Great value for money as we had a shared appetizer of Salumi, followed by a pasta each (a and a prawn) and then we both had saltenbocco (not sure of the spelling) plus a 2007 reserve Chiantti all for 99 Euro.

We both left very happy and full. No room for desert! Many thanks for restoring our faith in Roman cooking.

• Visited April 2012

• Polish first
albany, ny
“Great find...”
Reviewed 1 April 2012

This was near our hotel and recommended by our concierge. I went with my nine-year old. The atmosphere was rustic and airy. Unlike other restaurants, tables are not crowded together. They have a great prix fixe menu with three options. The owner even changed a selection to accomodate my desire to have one thing off of one menu and another off the other. The food was delicious and surprisingly, the portions were large. I mentioned this to the owner and he acknowledged he likes to give big portions. My son loved his carobonara and everything I had was equally delicious: the amatriciana and especially the grilled sea bass that was recommedned as the fish to try, as fish is one of their specialities. It was reasonably priced given the quantity and quality of the food, combined with the lovely atmosphere. Highly recommend.

• Visited February 2012
Walnut Creek, California
“We felt like old friends, enjoying great food & laughing for hours!”
Reviewed 31 March 2012

We were at Tema for dinner on a Monday night & the restaurant was full. Our hotel had called ahead to make a reservation for the 3 of us & from the moment we walked in Vincenzo took great care of us (even though all 3 rooms of the restaurant were busy). Vincenzo took our wine order, brought us bread & even though the menu was in Italian & English he gave us excellent dinner recommendations. I don't think we could have gone wrong selecting any menu item but we started with the sautéed clams (yumm!) & then we each had a house salad with lots of greens, tomatoes & olive oil & balsamic dressing. I had an excellent Seafood (ragu style) Linguini, my sister had a wonderful Langoustine Risotto, & my brother-in-law had delicious penne pasta with tomatoes & bacon. We polished off our meal with a lighter than air Tiramisu. Then Vincenzo appeared at our table again with a small basket of cookies/biscuits & 2 complimentary bottles of after dinner aperitifs (drinks), one was Limóncello & the other was Agricanto, a cherry flavored liquor. We spent hours in Tema & never once did we feel rushed. While we were sitting at our single candle lit & white tablecloth covered table we felt like we were surrounded by old friends but as we looked around there were big family groups in 1 room & couples & small groups throughout. As we finally left the restaurant Vincenzo walked us out & invited us back for dinner the next night. We were all laughing, enjoying each others company & planning our next night’s meal, agreeing that we must come back. We were unfortunately not able to return the 2nd night but I know we will be back on our next trip to Rome!
Thank you Vincenzo!
We had a great time!
Kelly, Stefanie & Christopher

• Visited March 2012
Morrow, Georgia
“Outstanding!”
Reviewed 26 March 2012

This was the first and last restaurant my husband and I visited on our trip to Rome. So great was the initial experience that we made it a point to return before leaving Rome. They were so happy to see us a second time, they gave us a free bottle of Limoncello which we downed gladly.

The food at this little Roman restaurant was absolutely top notch, and this was capped by a pleasantly romantic atmosphere with the most freindly, courteous and attentive service one could ask for. We cannot emphasize enough how outstanding the food was here. From the appetizers to the deserts, everything was bursting with phenomenal flavor. Ristorante Tema represents a true Roman culinary tour de force of the highest level. We certainly got our money's worth, and more.

• Visited March 2012
Dallas
“Truly worth the time and money”
Reviewed 19 March 2012 via mobile

It is rare to find a higher end, quieter dining experience without paying through the nose. Tema is such a place. To have appetizers, a bottle of wine, entrees, dessert and drinks for three for well less than 100 euros was one pleasure. The quality of the food and service was another, however. From the bruschetta to the veal entrees my wife and I had (she scallopini, me Milanese) to the recommended wine and after dinner drinks, everything was outstanding. Our son, who discovered tiramisu on the first day of our trip, and had it every day at lunch and dinner thereafter, proclaimed the tiramisu at Tema the very best.

This is the place to go in Rome to enjoy an unhurried, quieter dinner after a long day of sightseeing. Combining the environment with outstanding food and tremendous value makes Tema extremely hard to beat.

1 Thank sccarlin