“Really nice food and service” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Ristorante Tema

Ristorante Tema
Ranked #290 of 12,046 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Business meetings, Kids, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighbourhood: Monti
New York City, New York
“Really nice food and service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2012

The best restaurant we ate at in Rome. We, my wife and I, spent 8 nights is Rome and two of them we spent eating at Ristorante Tema, The food was great but the service was the best!!! The staff made us feel like we should hang out not just eat and leave... really a fantastic feeling, we met the cooks talked to the chef. In Rome the service can be really bad but here they really care about food and how to serve it, making you feel welcome and comfortable. I wish they were here in New York!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Greek first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
“Would eat here Everyday !!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2012

My son and myself ate here the last night of our holiday and wish we'd found it sooner !! The best lasagne and Tiramasui in Rome - The waiter was fantastic and would recommend all visitors to Rome to try this restaurant

1 Thank Northieee
San Diego
“Good food and atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012 via mobile

Came here on a Friday in July for lunch, and the place was nearly empty (good way to avoid making a reservation). Got a glass of white wine and the bruschetta as an appetizer. Then had the lasagna, followed by the tiramisu. Thought all were good. Vincenzo came over and talked to me for a while. Something pretty rare in Italy, even when a place is empty. Also got a "free" cherry liquore at the end, which was appreciated. FYI, the map is wrong. The place is about three blocks closer to Santa Maria Maggiore church (as of July 27, 2012). Will submit a correction when I get home. Definitely one of my top three restaurants in Rome (after being here for 6 days).

1 Thank MattQuattrone
“Best food in Rome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 July 2012

I just recently returned from a trip through Italy and the food in Rome was very disappointing; except for Tema. The restaurant is cozy, staff friendly, and you are greeted with a glass of sparkling wine. The staff gave great recommendations - we had the bruschetta, mussels, and fish special with a bottle of house wine and I was very impressed. Everything was cooked perfectly and the fish was to-die-for. Best fish of my entire trip. We were the last ones in the restaurant, but were not rushed out. Instead, we were left with bottles of limoncello and ports (on the house) to enjoy at our leisure. I wish I had known about this restaurant earlier in my trip, I would have liked to return.

Zurich, Switzerland
“Great Restaurant, excellent service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2012

Stayed in Rome for a bit more than 3 days, have been to this lovely restaurant twice. The food was great, the waiter was attentive, we were offered bubbles as soon as we sat down, and in the end dessert drink. When we got here the 2nd time, we ordered the mixed grilled seafood the 2nd time too. The waiter noticed we did not like the fish in the mixed grill the 1st time and offered us something else to exchange the fish. when we left thevrestaurant we were given a bottle of wine as present.

Thanks to the ones who wrote reviews about this restaurant which helped us to find it, and made our holidays in Rome more tasty!

If our waiter is reading this review, a big thank you from us, the 7 Chinese girls!

1 Thank SharonCH