“Did Not Want to Leave!”
Review of B&B Danilo Roma

B&B Danilo Roma
Ranked #481 of 3,734 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 October 2012

I recently stayed at B&B Danilo for 3 nights while in Rome for 2 weeks. I had not visited the Trastevere area, so booked a few nights at Danilo. What a fabulous experience on all levels. I kept telling the staff "I just want to live here!".

In making reservations on-line, e-mails were answered quickly and efficiently. I booked a single room, and the check in process was fast and easy. My room was huge, largely because my bathroom was down the hall (other rooms had bathrooms en suite). I thought this would be a problem, but adapted to it easily. Andrea, Danilo's dad (Danilo was off on vacation) assured me I had nothing to worry about in terms of my things or safety. And he was right! All bathroom items were safe and sound. Plus, there was always a staff person around on-site, for assistance, to answer questions, recommend a great place to eat, etc.

Incredible were all the rooms! They are all painted different colors, and they all look like something out of HGTV (the Home and Garden Chanel in the U.S.). Davide, one of the staff, gave me a tour of all the rooms. He takes the credit for the decorating savvy, and they are each absolutely beautiful. My room was painted orange with pink and grey accents. I know, it sounds like it would be horrible! But it was actually stunning. The mattress was comfy, had large doors that opened onto a balcony. Air conditioning worked well when needed. Seems like all the rooms opened onto a central courtyard area which was really quiet. The apartments are located above a supermarket, so there were trucks coming in for deliveries starting around 6am. So some noise, but again, ear plugs are my best travel tip.

The breakfast room / kitchen was warm and inviting. Andrea did a great job of making the best coffee in the mornings. There was meusli, corn flakes, yogurt, juices, nutella and toast. Fairly standard and delicious.

The B&B is in a great location, right on via Trastevere. Close to bus stops, especially for the #8 tram to Largo Argentina and the H bus that goes to the the Termini. There are a number of really great places to eat within walking distance: Davide recommended La Piazetta - out the door, to the left and immediate left again, one block away. I had their Fantasy salad (arugula, olives, tomatoes, feta cheese) and Fried olives stuffed with meat - divine! Great prices, but be sure to check your bill. I got charged for bread and coffee I did not order. Dinner was about 11 Euros.

All in all, B&B Danilo is a safe, lovely, caring refuge from the hustle and bustle of Rome. I felt cared about by all the staff: Davide, Desiree, and Andrea. They were fun, entertaining, helpful, and always available. The rooms were beautiful and comfortable. I assure you: if you visit B&B Danilo, you will not want to leave! I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank SBSCalifornia

Reviewed 8 October 2012

Friendly, service-minded, relaxed. From the first contact by mail to the goodbye at the airport we knew that we were in good hands. Davide and his staff spared no effort to make us feel comfortable, help solve problems with missing luggage and guide us to the best sites and restaurants. The location is perfect in the charming Travestere area. The room was really nice, and breakfast offered a good choice of fresh fruit, yoghurt, bread etc. The only drawback is the noise in the morning when the supermarket downstairs gets deliveries. So keep the door closed during the night!

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2012

We and close friends just stayed 3 nights here with Davide and Andrea. It's really 2 places (B&B Zen next door same floor. They are the perfect hosts to your stay. Speak very good English and really know the neighborhood well. Follow their advise for the best places to eat.

You might spend more, but why. This place is fantastic.

Room Tip: All good rooms
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 September 2012

This b and b was well-placed above the supermarket and round the corner from many lovely restaurants and as a bonus, next to the Tram 8 line. The whole area of Trastevere exudes charm and this b and b was a welcome respite at the end of a day's touring. Our room was large and comfortable and included an ensuite with a good hot water service and a balcony that overlooked Roman apartments in other buildings. We stayed for 4 nights. Andreas was an excellent, good humoured host, answering all questions about transport to all Roman attractions and pointing out recommendations to restaurants in Trastevere. At breakfast, he was well set up for his guests, providing fruit, packaged Italian cakes/ croissants ,cereal, toast and fruit, and excellent coffee. Good price, good position. Might be a little hard to find if you're new in Rome but we looked up the street view on Google maps to help us before we arrived. We also asked for a pick-up from the airport, all organised by Davide. All in all a fine start to our Italy holiday.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dusty D
Reviewed 22 September 2012

Had a lovely time in Rome staying at Hotel Danilo, the location was perfect and central for the majority of the places to visit. The hotel was spotlessly clean and the room very spacious, it was great to sit on the balcony with a glass of Prosecco after a long days sightseeing and catch the last of the sun. Only down side was that there was no tv, it didn't bother me too much but my teenage daughter missed it, although this wouldn't put me off from staying here again. There is a supermarket next door to the hotel (hidden below the clothes store) that is ideal for picking up snacks and drinks and no problem using the hotels fridge. Would have no hesitation in staying here again or recommending it to friends and family.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Littlelady35
Reviewed 21 August 2012

This is the perfect place to stay in Rome! We arrived on a late night flight and didnt want to risk trains and taxis so Davide arranged to pick us up at the airport for the same price as a cab - brilliant! We stayed for 3 nights, then went away to the coast and returned for a further 2 nights. We stayed in two different rooms. They were both beautifully decorated and spotlessly clean. They both had very comfortable tempur type beds with lovely linen. People say there are no spacious rooms in Rome but both rooms were a great size with ample space to unpack. There were cute little makeshift wardrobes to hang clothes and tables and drawers to leave clothes. It felt very safe to leave belongings in the day. Both rooms had doors out onto a little balcony which although didnt have an amazing view, was nice to be able to get outside. We had a room with a shared bathroom for the first leg of the trip - this was no bother - just a walk down the corridor - much like at home! The second leg we had an en-suite - small but clean and everything working perfectly. The aircon also worked perfectly which was a godsend in August! Breakfast was basic but we had more than enough - toast, fruit, yoghurt, coffee, cereal etc. There are also plenty of places nearby to stock up on pizza or to make a sandwich.There was no problem leaving food and drink in the fridge which was nice as we had a glass of wine on the balcony before going out for dinner!

The location was amazing - we could walk everywhere we wanted to go within half an hour - and had no need for any public transport on our trip. Its right by a tram stop if you do need it though and Andrea knows all the routes! Considering the location it was very quiet to sleep at night. It is right in the middle of Trastevere which was perfect in the evenings for food and drinks, especially Popi Popi which was just up the road - yum! The riverside shops and bars at night were a great entertainment, and the churches were amazing. Just walking around Trastevere was the best part of our Rome trip.

However, the best thing about this place really is the hosts - it was like visiting relatives. Andrea was so helpful, friendly and funny - he made us laugh every day and we really looked forward to seeing him at breakfast! Honestly, the reason I am finally getting round to writing my first review on here is because we loved him so much! We have been back a week and are still disappointed not to find him making coffee in the kitchen when we wake up! Thank you so much for an amazing stay! We had a wonderful time!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JaneyTiger
Reviewed 24 June 2012

My daughter and I loved our stay at B&B Danilo! Andrea and Davide were perfect hosts with great spirits and laughter. Rome was our first stop on a two week trek through Italy and France and proved to be the most enjoyable of all our stays. Aside from the wonderful care at B&B Danilo, the Trastervere neighborhood is amazing in the evening and very close by. The bed was the most comfortable in all of Europe, the room was great, but none of it would have been with same without Andrea and Davide!

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with family