“It's all true!”
Review of At Your Place

At Your Place
Ranked #34 of 3,739 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Luca is a great host. My family of 5 had two rooms at Luca's place for 2 nights. We would go back in a minute!
Luca was helpful from the moment of booking and served a huge, delicious breakfast.
The rooms are comfortable. The location is great -near the Vatican. We are walkers so walked everywhere else as well.
The only drawback I can see is it is not handicap friendly as you have to take a quaint elevator up the stairs then cross a bridge between buildings to access his floor--pretty fun for the able bodied but would not be great if you were not.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank KatA2

Reviewed 29 June 2014

Great location near Vatican. Apartment is on 5th floor with elevator. Room is small but we were out most of the time. Beds and bathroom are clean. Each has a balcony. Breakfast is plenty with good coffee . Luca is a great host. He waited for us in front of the building when we arrived late in the evening. He helped us to navigate the city with many good tips (restaurants, transportation and sights seeing). He reserved the tickets for us to see the Pope. He is very pleasant and patience. Five star for Luca.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2014

I found this B&B through trip advisor actually and based on all the positive reviews we decided to go ahead and book it. I am so glad we did. Luca is the best host you could ask for. He will sit down with you and show you all the places to go and will help you to avoid the tourist areas and get true authentic italian food. As other reviews mention the location cannot be beat. You are a mere 5 minutes from the vatican and if you enjoy walking like we did its not a bad walk to the colleseum. Even if you dont though they have the metro and bus system that will get you there quickly. The breakfest Luca provided always filled us up for the day. He would always bring fresh pastries in the morning along with bread and chease, blood orange juice, coffee, cappuciono, and eggs. It was always plenty of food and always amazing. He would even pack up the left overs for you so you could take it for a snack later that day. The B&B was very quit with no issues in regards to noise. Luca also makes your safety a big priority. HE helped my wife and I ensure we got the right tours and right car service so that we were not taken advantage of. All in All my wife and I absolutely loved this B&B and would not hesistate to recommend it to anyone. If your on the fence def make the decision to stay here. You won't regret it.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Cameron F
Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

You cannot go wrong staying at this wonderful B and B. The owner, Luca, is like having your own personal travel advisor. His english is outstanding and he knows everything about Rome and surrounding areas. You are minutes by foot to the major sites. We rode the bus only 2 times in 7 days which is indicative of the excellent location. Luca made a great and plentiful breakfast each morning and always provided a bag to place uneaten food for lunch or a snack later in the day. The room was very good size with plenty of storage, and a good size bathroom.bath room. It was perfect for us!

1  Thank Mike S
Reviewed 5 June 2014

As soon as we made booking of our room Luca, the owner of the B&B contacted us and was helpful in every way. He helped us with transfer from and to the airport, he helped us to book guided tours of our choice (perfect oportunity to skip the lines which are ver, very long). We had our tour of Vatican rather early in the morning - well Luca was at B&B early just for us to fix our breakfast (thanks again for that). He gave us shopping tips, and much much more information about this beautiful city. It felt as if we had our own place in the middle of the city, so close to everything. You can walk to all the important sights - we did it.
It was more than good, and both me and my children (which are 14 and 16 years old) are very happy with our trip, and we warmly recommend At Your Place!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Gorana Ö
Reviewed 27 May 2014

There is already a lot of information here so I will try to fill in the gaps to help other travelers.

My mom and I stayed five nights here in mid May. The B&B is located on the fifth floor in the building. When you enter the "lobby" of the building you must climb two sets of stairs to reach the elevator. The elevator is small but enough room for four people or two with luggage. After reaching the the fifth floor you must climb some more stairs and then go down some more stairs before you reach the B&B. I mention the stairs because if you have mobility issues this can be a challenge. My mom had knee surgery several years back and the stairs were a little challenge for her plus she sprained her ankle in Paris prior to arriving in Rome.

The room we stayed in was called the Castellano room (I think I got the name right) it was a spacious room with two beds (a third roll a way bed was stored away as a chair in the corner) This was a double room (two separate beds) and each bed was the size of a single bed in the U.S., so yes very small. It had a beautiful balcony. The bathroom was average size with a shower that water would pool up near the drain but would eventually drain. The rooms were cleaned daily but the towels were changed every three days. The room had a desk and chair to write your postcards back home and a small tv. The tv received a handful of english speaking channels, mainly financial news services.Now the location was great. Ten minute walk to St Peters Square. Fifteen minutes to the Metro. Lots of great restaurants and gelato shops.

The main reason we came to Rome was that my mom wanted to visit the Vatican. She had been here years before when on a cruise but didn't have much time to see much. For the price and location this was a great find. Luca was very helpful. He made a large breakfast every morning.

Pros Location to the Vatican
Great neighborhood
Metro within walking distance
Great BIG breakfast every morning
Luca was kind and helpful
Restaurant and gelato and post office and banks nearby.
Tour bus stop five minute walk down the street

Cons Cash only
Lots of steps to get to the B&B door

This is a great place to stay. If you have real bad mobility issues it may be hard with all the stairs. I wish Luca would have mentioned in one of the five emails we sent to each other that this was a CASH only place. I do know that some B&B require a cash payment but just having stayed at a B&B in Paris that was not a issue there and were happy to process our c/c. I only mention this because I support my travel with my c/c points and luckily it was at the end of our trip and I had the cash available. No where on the B&B website is this mentioned.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 May 2014

This B&B is located about a half block from Castel San Angelo and two blocks from St. Peter's and the Vatican. Everything but the Colosseum can easily be reached by foot. Our room had a little balcony overlooking a very quiet street. The area felt safe too. The central location was absolutely perfect for our Roman holiday.

The B&B is just one floor of a large, old building. The inside is labyrinthine so be sure to email the owner the time you plan to arrive so he can meet you downstairs and direct you inside. There is a small plaque by the door with the B&B's name so you know you're in the correct spot. Once inside, there is one tiny, old elevator. However, there are two small flights of stairs that cannot be bypassed by the elevator. Keep that in mind if stairs are challenging for you.

The owner was friendly without being overbearing. He served huge breakfasts each morning. We'd save a breakfast pizza or sandwich to eat later for lunch. He also offered many spot-on recommendations for traditional Roman food.

The B&B is small with only about 4 or 5 rooms. Our room was bigger than the average European hotel room. The bed was firm but decent. The decor was very simple, but the rooms were clean. One day we noticed a slight unpleasant smell from the bathroom drain. The next morning a plumber stopped by to fix a nearby bathroom, and I think that resolved our odor issue too.

We used the private car service recommended by At Your Place for travel to and from the airport. It was more expensive than public transit, but very easy and convenient. The driver didn't speak English. He was professional though and dropped us off right in front of the B&B. We would use his car service again.

Overall, this B&B has spoiled me. I have yet to find another accommodation in any European metropolis that compares to At Your Place - it was safe, reliable, and affordable.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple