“Clean, modern and away from tourists”

NH Collection Roma Giustiniano
Ranked #108 of 1,261 Hotels in Rome
GreenLeadersGold level
London, United Kingdom
“Clean, modern and away from tourists”
Reviewed 8 May 2012

Rooms are clean with plenty of room. Lepanto was the nearest Metro stop which was handy to get to Termini. Nearby is also the Vatican and the Castel Sant'Angelo by the river. We walked through it to get to the Piazza Navona and from there on to the Pantheon. It's a very nice walk with lots of great photo opportunities.

Breakfast was ok; enough for a good start to the day but a tad unorganised with tables not cleared fast enough for the people coming in for breakfast but the staff were friendly. The usual yoghurt, cereal, pastries etc, and the hot food options were scrambled eggs, bacon and carrots and peas which I thought was a bit batty. I stuck to eating toast, cheese and some cold cut meats.

But... over a 3 day 2 night stay they didn't have a UK adapter for us to use! So for 2 days I couldn't charge my iphone (to take photos) and we had to be really tight with saving the battery of our camera. This was really inconvenient for us and we've had to invest in our own to take with us on holiday. Something we probably should have done sooner.

Other than the whinge about the UK adapter, we enjoyed our stay. Hotel was clean, modern and staff were pleasant and helpful.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Fruity_kiwi

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (176)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
Williamsburg, Virginia
Reviewed 29 April 2012

Just spent 3 nights in Rome and this hotel was fabulous. We could St. Peter's Basilica from our balcony which was spectacular. The rooms are comfortable and modern and the entire staff are very friendly and accomodating. There are a ton of restaurants and shopping nearby and just a short walk to the Vatican. There is a supermarket nearby if you would like to pick up a snack or a bottle of vino and some very good and reasonable restaurants just around the corner. If I ever return to Rome this is where you can find me.

Room Tip: Ak for a front room on the upper levels with a balcony to view the Vatican.
Reviewed 27 April 2012

I just spent 10 days in this hotel - it is fantastic! I have had some not so great experience in Italy, so I was a bit worried. However it was all for nothing. The location is fantastic! (The bus stopes 2 minutes away from it.) It's close to the Vatican and the Castle, easy walk to the center. The staff is wonderful! Kind and helpful!
The room was amazing! Spacious, modern, clean and just welcoming!

I am happy to suggest this hotel to anyone! They seemed to run several meetings and everyone seem to be happy! :)

London
Reviewed 13 April 2012

Sorry Trip Advisors, but I wasn't greatly impressed with the hotel or Rome.

Starting with the hotel, for the money we paid, it was just about ok. The rooms are spacious but poorly decked out with cheap furniture that was chipped, scratched or worn out. As I had heard about the 15 Euro upgrade for a better room and daily mini-bar, I called on the day we travelled to be sure it would be available. It was, but at high season price of 20 Euros given it was Easter. When we arrived I was then told it was 25 Euros because of Easter - only to argue the case and be told it was actually 15 Euros upgrade plus 5 Euros for internet and 5 Euros for the mini-bar. Make up your minds people. Which fake sales line is it meant to be? Despite this, we used the upgrade and landed a top floor room (703) with great view of Castel Sant'Angelo and St Peter's, but the room was actually smaller than the one we left on the fourth floor (416) and there were red bugs all over the balcony floor. The mini-bar is poorly stocked with things you may not actually eat or drink so we only had that for one night. If you want water every day, just refill your first bottle of water from the 100s of fountains across the city as you travel around.

The front desk staff were courteous enough at first, but rude and impatient if you asked questions or disputed anything. Thankfully, the restaurant and room service staff were top notch - really nice, polite and friendly......and that was in the face of some rather obnoxious guests at breakfast making a nuisance of themselves. The room service food was pretty bad, so we only had that on the night we arrived as we got there at 11.30pm. Thankfully Raf Pizza is a restaurant on the back corner of the hotel and is fantastic for pizza, pasta and all the sides. The hotel breakfast was THE saving grace of the whole experience. Absolutely fantastic spread, seemingly constantly restocked, and I would actually go back and stay for this and the location combined - if I were to ever go back that is.

The location is perfect. You are literally a 5 minute brisk, or 10 minute gentle walk from The Vatican City, 5 minutes from Castel Sant'Angelo, 1 minute from Via Cola di Rienzo and all the shops, 15 minutes from the all the central attractions, and about 25-30 minutes walk from the Colosseum. If you don't want to walk, you are 10 minutes from a metro station. When you get back, the area is quiet, and close to a number of decent places to eat if you haven't had something whilst out exploring.

To sum up, I was expecting more from both the hotel and the city, but I just left feeling I had spent 6 days in a miserable tourist trap and stayed in a hotel that should have been better for the money spent. Dissatisfied.

Room Tip: Just ask for the upgrade if you want it and can pay for it - but do check out your room first as you...
1 Thank Nik D
Reviewed 1 April 2012

The hotel is located 500m from Castel Sant'Angelo and city center, you can walk to all attractions.
Staff is excellent, we checked in a little earlier, breakfast is very good, the room was spotless every day, I have only good words for the team in NH Giustiniano.
Thanks for a great stay guys!!!

Room Tip: top floor with wiew to Castel Sant'Angelo, if you are lucky :D
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank RadianMircea
UK
Reviewed 31 March 2012

This is a modern very good quality hotel in a great location for visiting Rome. The bedrooms are large and confortable, most having a sitting area. The service and breakfast are excellent.
An ideal hotel for business or leisure.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled with friends
2 Thank Retired_60plus
Reviewed 29 March 2012

We stayed in this hotel from the 23rd-28th march 2012 and could not have made a better choice!

We arrived at the hotel early due to our early flight time and was able to check in early. The hotel is easy to get to from the airport for both of us it cost us 10euros for a coach and the metro.

We decided to get the upgrade and Paid the extra 15 euros per night for free minibar and room upgrade, the room itself was like a flat nice living area with balcony and a very big room every day at 2pm the minibar would get restocked with alcohol,soft drinks,water and snacks.

The hotel is just off the main shopping street where you can get everything from the such as clothes,food,market stalls,shoes. There are also a lot of restaurants around so never short of places to eat. The hotel is a 10min walk to the Vatican and there are 2 ways to get there from the hotel and the river fibre is right behind the hotel.

The hotel itself is very modern and all the staff are very helpful as a young couple they helped us get on to guest list for 2 nightclubs. Helped us book a cheap coach back to the airport. Confirmed our reservations door our excursions and were very helpful on the whole.

We had breakfast included in our stay which had a good variety of food, on the weekend the menu changes a bit to more of a fry up, which I preferred. The hotel has 30min free wifi in the lobby only which you have to get a code for from reception. The room has a clean everyday even when you are staying for longer then a night which is a good thing.

I can only say we had a little issue which was them a c not working the room constantly felt hot and stuffy and for me resulted in some sleepiness nights, but I just ended up opening windows together some cool air.
I really enjoyed staying at this hotel and think I would stay at this hotel again I think the only thing I missed was a pool as the weather was so nice but it was not essential.

Definitely recommend this as a place to stay!!!!

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple