“Still good food”
Review of Trattoria Polese

Trattoria Polese
Reserve with
Trattoria Polese is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #742 of 13,068 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Groups, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Dinner, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Navona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori
Reviewed 11 August 2014

This is the 3rd year (previously in 2010 and 2012) that we eat at this trattoria and I must say that the food is still good. When we arrived we renewed acquaintances and ordered. There were 5 of us, all adults and we all enjoyed the food, the atmosphere in the little Piazza was also very nice and relaxing. We ordered caprese salads, fried zucchini flowers, spaghetti carbonara, penne all'arrabiata, bucatini amatriciana, chicken, cotoletta milanese, grilled steak, a bottle of red wine and water. So, the total for 5 adults was 133 euro with limoncello offered at the end of the meal on the house.
Pretty good value for good food and nice atmosphere.

Reviewed 5 August 2014

I'm italian and I went there last week. I ordered a tuna tartarre with a glass of wine. The taste wasn't good and after 1 hour when I was already in my hotel room I had to call a doctor because of a terrible headache, temperature and heart pain. At the hospital they discovered that I got an intoxication by some toxins produced by the tuna when it expires!!! Stay away from this place if you don't want to ruin your holidays in Rome

5  Thank Francesco B
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We stayed in an apartment above this restaurant, and were curious to see if it was any good. It was. We ate there twice during our stay. Their bucatini pasta is delicious, as was their calamari seafood dish and swordfish dish. The waiters understood English and service was prompt.

We had the same server both times. Our last meal there lasted three hours. I had the lemon sorbetto (completely different take on it--you should try it) for dessert. There were musicians playing in the square in front of us that night, too. We were so impressed by the food and service we left our server a huge tip :)

1  Thank tamcatdang
Reviewed 25 July 2014

Its hard to find restaurants that dont seem over touristy in Rome!

But this place is pure Italy as its fullest! All is very casual but thats the charme of the place. Its neither hip, nor stylish but pure local.

The pizza and the parma ham was amazing, also very good from the prices (7 Euros for pizza is very good). Service was fast and very Italian. If you are happy with pure feeling like a local you should go there.

One of the best pizzas I have ever had.

1  Thank tmuc
Reviewed 23 July 2014

I've visited this restaurant several times for lunch and dinner and I've been always super satisfied. The restaurant has a lovely outside seating area under the trees with big parasol. It is close to the street Corso Vittorio Emanuele II but separated from the road by a small park, which is very pleasant. The staff is friendly. The food is very tasty - we had several pizzas and pastas - and for a good price!

Recommend to go there both to relax in a nice place and to enjoy a good food...

1  Thank Travelholic87