Hotel Best Roma
  • Room Service
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
  • Breakfast included
All reviewstram lineminute walknearest metropastriesshort breakrooms are smallboiled eggswould stay here againcontinental breakfastmini barbusy roadstayed here for nightsthe breakfast areasight seeingmain attractionscentre of romearound the corner
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 24 April 2011

I stayed here with my husband and 17 year old daughter for one week 12 to 19 April 2011. The rooms were small but newly and tastefully decorated and furnished. They were very clean and were cleaned with fresh towels everyday. The location was a bit noisy with road and rail traffic but not so much to render sleep impossible. It is in the Ancient part of Rome and handy for rail and metro links and if you are an able walker you can get to some sights on foot. The area is a bit run down and I would not recommend you bring children here. (I was disappointed generally with the amount of litter and graffiti all around Rome). Breakfast was basic continental buffet and there are two terraces for guest usage. The breakfast lady was friendly but the reception staff lacked any spark. If you eat out go to Minerva and you can use the big supermarket on the corner. You have use of a free safe. Pillows are flat so ask for extra if you need them. I did not use the internet so not sure what good value that was. To sum up I would say that if you want a clean, modern place to crash at the end of a long days sight seeing then stay here but if you want to be in the thick of central Rome with all its noise and places to access easily at night then pay more and get something further in.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank brads_clarke
Reviewed 16 April 2011

About a 20 minute walk from Termini - not sure I would recommend the walk to a single female arriving at night, but during the day it would be fine. The hotel itself was vey nice. Our room was lovely - facing a courtyard, gorgeous wood floors with marble in the bathroom. Room was quiet at night (once those in the courtyard departed). We could sometimes feel a low rumble when the streetcar went by, but it was more like white noise and did not disturb us.

Room was quite spacious - the double bed was two singles pushed together. There was a safe, fridge, wardrobe and a tv (Italian only). Bathroom appeared to be renovated - good layout with relatively spacious shower (square vs. corner). Amenities were provided. Internet was 7€ for 3 hours. Breakfast was standard - rolls, cheese, ham, coffee, juice & hardboiled eggs.

We would stay here again.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 April 2011

Nice hotel in not the nicest area the restaurants recommended by the hotel were OK but nothing special. Managed to find on the last night a little strip which was really good but really that was the only good thing about the area. Metro stop near-by but still the area was still a bit of a distance from the main attractions. TAKE YOUR OWN PILLOWS have not had such a bad night sleep in a long time!!n ended up making my own pillows out of clothes. The bed is hard and the air con wasn't great. For a small hotel it was noisy so a lie in wasn't that easy. Breakfast wasn't good so made it once then didnt bother again. Pay a bit extra stay closer to the attractions would of really made our trip SO much more memorable (in a good way as opposed to bad)

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2011

The hotel was close to the train station. We knew there was no bar be read that the patio was great for a bottle of wine and snacks. Which it was. It was clean and tidy, The value was great.

Guanluca welcomed us to the hotel and was absolutely wonderful. helpfull, kind and full of information. The weekend staff were not so helpful and we ended up helping new guests that came in.

Breakfast was basic but great, you could eat as much as you like.

We had rooms on the ground floor near reception and was a little noisy at times. Especially one night when the hoover was being used at 3am.

Would I stay here again, YES. But would ask for rooms higher in the hotel.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 March 2011

We booked “Best Hotel Roma” in December 2010 for our March trip to Italy based on pricing and reviews in Orbitz and Trip Advisor. Thirty days before arriving we requested and received via email a confirmation for our night at “Best Hotel Roma”, which was the last night of our 25 days in Italy. Upon arrival we were informed of a “problem”…there were no rooms in the hotel, so we were placed in a crappy room with a couch that converted to a bed in the property next door “owned by the hotel”. When I complained about the room I was given the choice of another room in the basement of the same building, which was smelly and dark and also just had a fold out bed. I complained again and was told that I might have a room in a couple of hours…so we went to eat and then for a long walk only to return to same situation. The manager offered us dinner (but we had just eaten a late lunch) or transfer to the airport, which we took for compensation…all while we stood watching other guests being checked into their nice rooms in the main hotel. It seems that “Best Hotel Roma” does not know the definition of RESERVATION or CONFIRMATION but after 25 days on the road we took the airport transfer and stayed in the crappy room with the fold out bed, no TV, no hair dryer, no Wi-Fi, no trash can, a sink that would not drain and a shower that my wife refused to use, all while being serenaded by the street bums, traffic and the tram. Our last night in Rome was our worst night while staying at “Worst” Hotel Roma.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank cmurff3
HotelBestRoma, Direttore at Hotel Best Roma, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2011

Good evening,excuse me we are very sorry for the situation. The day of your arrival we had a problem without warning and we called immediately our technician...they worked during the afternoon but we closed 2 rooms for one day....It's true ...You reserved only one night (€ 90,00)and we reconfirmed your reservation 30 days before...At your arrival we offered one apartment (15 meters from our hotel - breakfast in hotel) and we reserved and prepaid for you (as a compensation) a private transfer (€ 55,00) from our hotel to the airport and give you a free internet wi-fi access from the common area in our hotel....I'm very sorry because I don't understand why my colleague didn't make a new reservation for you in another our hotel (Hotel Solis or Hotel Invictus)...Probably there was a mistake and he didn't understand very well that you don't like the apartment. If you want I can offer a special discount for you for your next time in Rome in our hotel.