“Great Rome hotel”
Review of Chroma Hotel

Chroma Hotel
Ranked #1,253 of 3,739 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 23 September 2012

I loved this little hotel! It is not in the main tourist area but I loved that fact, it made you feel like you lived in Rome. It is a little hard to find and among rows of Roman aparmentents. There were lots of little local bakeries and restaurants around the hotel. The staff was extremely accommodating.

The rooms were much bigger than the other Rome hotels I have stayed at and the colored bathrooms were awesome! The complimentary breakfasts were actually decent and loved that they offered nutella and toast every morning!

The location is again as I said a little further from the main tourist areas but it provides a lovely walk to the tourist areas.

I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone, especially if they are more familar with Rome and want to explore a little more of Roma!

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Tiffkat2000

Reviewed 31 July 2012

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
1  Thank Ed N
Reviewed 22 July 2012

I had a fantastic stay at the Chroma Hotel (though it's not really an hotel). The purple infusion room was lovely, the staff friendly and helpful, and the breakfast was perfectly adequate.
I walked everywhere in Rome from the hotel, though it was a lot of walking, but there are plenty of buses and only 10 minutes to the metro.
My only complaint was that the free wifi wasn't very strong and I had to push my chair up towards the door and the wall in order to get a signal. But that's a fairly small complaint.
I would definitely go back if I was ever in Rome again.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank CHGill
Reviewed 4 June 2012

My friend and I traveled in early May and were pleasantly surprised at this bed and breakfast! Although we weren't sure about the place upon entering (because of the narrow hallways), we quickly realized that the rooms are beautiful and quite spacious (hence the narrow hallways!). Breakfast was simple, with some variety, and the host was incredibly accommodating. What we appreciated the most was how he relentlessly helped us with anything that we needed (especially with directions, restaurant reservations, and recommendations). The room was very clean, chic, and comfortable. The location was also very good and close to some of the most delicious restaurants! I would definitely consider returning to this B&B should I return to Rome in the future.

Room Tip: We had the turquoise room. Awesome bathroom with a rain-shower, towel heater, and two sinks. Big bed...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank C C
Reviewed 15 September 2011

We stumbled upon this listing when making reservations for our trip to Italy. We stayed at Chroma on September 12th and had a great room with modern amenities, as well as a fantastic French door opening with a view of the street below and the art museum across the way. We arrived early and they allowed us to check in. The day we checked out, they held our luggage for us while we toured the Vatican Museums/Sistine Chapel.

The staff was so helpful; they provided a map for us and directions/information to tourist attractions and restaurant recommendations. They looked up the train schedules for us to our next destination as well. We also blew the fuse not once, but twice and they were very forgiving.

Breakfast was great too...loved the toasted ham & cheese!

• Stayed: September 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank southport99
Reviewed 24 June 2011

My friend and I stayed at the Chroma Hotel June 15 - 18 2011. What a terrific place, Michelle and Jerson who work at the Chroma are just the best! They went out of their way to help us out with booking our flight home and suggesting restaurants etc. This place is so cool, located in a walk up which makes you feel as if you are actually living in Rome. There are great restaurants within walking distance and so is the Red Bus (City Site Seeing bus). The Hotel is very clean and modern. Breakfast was included with the price of the room and was prepared by Jerson we had plenty to eat.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank LovedRome13
Reviewed 31 May 2011

We found this hotel to be the perfect place to stay for a visit to rome, it is within 5 mins walk from the train station and within walking distance from all the major roman tourist attractions. Particularly close to the roman forum, and colliseum

The hotel itself is like one floor of a building, and is not easy to find, but once you have it is well worth the trouble. The staff are very friendly and helpful, and the rooms are spacious, well decorated and very comfortable. There is no hotel bar or restaurant to speak of, and breakfast is served on a terraced area.

It is also within 5 mins walk from any number of reasonably priced restaurants, with excellent food.

Overall i recommend this hotel wholeheartedly!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple