“The Best View!”

and 1 more site!
Relais No9 Colosseo
Ranked #634 of 1,272 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 16 July 2014

What a view at the Egg room! It's pretty amazing to wake up to such a view every morning. Simple breakfast of croissants, tea and coffee delivered promptly to the room every morning. Conveniently located, walking distance to so many sights and lots of good restaurants close by. Friendly service by butler and owners.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank 497kristinb

Reviewed 26 March 2014

May be the best hotel I have ever stayed at. When the attendant opened the door to our room the collosium filled the window. We sat in the 2nd floor window many times playing on our pc,s, eating and people watching. Breakfast came at 8:30am and they sat it right in front of the window. I have pictures from the window if interested. Sort of good location if you don't mind walking a lot. It was a little noisy on Friday night. The window blocked most of the sound.

Room Tip: Book the Egg Room
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 December 2013

With the best location you could imagine, 30 seconds from the Colloseo, extremely friendly host (sorry, I forget her name, I know she was Slovenian) and in-bed breakfast, its the best place to stay in the city, no matter if you're here for the business trip or romantic weekend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank budzor
Reviewed 29 November 2013

Having just returned from this accommodation yesterday (we stayed in The Egg Suite), I must say what a great place it is. From the excellent communications we received before our travel date from Milena & Diego, to accepting our late arrival due to airline delays, nothing was a problem for them.

Diego greeted us at the door, and kindly spent all the time we needed explaining everything about the suites, accommodation, locality, sightseeing, walking routes, even to the best restaurants in town.

We then went to our room (The Egg Suite), which was beautifully decorated with great style. It was clean, very comfortable and perfect for our stay. I walked into the room and was astounded at the great view overlooking The Colosseum, just across the road.

At my request they had arranged for a bottle of Champagne for our arrival, which was in the well stocked mini-bar. Tea/coffee making facilities, along with supplies were in abundance. The snacks were also much appreciated. There was a complimentary 'in room' safe for our use, with simple to operate instructions.

The very friendly Butler, who brought our continental breakfast to our room every morning, was an absolute very welcome diamond, and a good start to each day. You can chose to have your breakfast served between 0830 and 1130 am, tea, coffee, juice, croissants. A perfect start to the day.

It was exceptionally cold in Rome during our stay, but the heating in our room was fantastic, and so comforting. If it got too warm, we just opened our large window to cool it down, and listen to the fantastic sounds of Rome.

Looking out of our window you could really appreciate the atmosphere and surrounds of Rome.

Everything, all the sights, were within walking distance, but if you have difficulty in walking, then I suggest that you invest in the Roma Pass. We regret our decision not to buy it, as it is a great saving, allowing you to get into 2 historic sights for FREE AND jumping the queues. It also allows you access to the public transport. There is a 'taxi' stand directly outside the hotel, along with tram stops, buses, and the Metro station Colosseo just 5 minutes walk from the hotel.

Restaurants, bars, cafes are in abundance surrounding the hotel, catering for all tastes in food and drink.

We had prebooked a return shuttle bus from Rome City to Rome Ciampino Airport, but the 'white' taxis directly outside the hotel only charge 30 Euros, and are much quicker than shuttle buses, etc, especially when you are carrying luggage. The taxi drivers are very friendly.

I would definitely return to No.9 Colosseo, but would suggest for that extra bit of comfort, to book something like 'The Kennedy Suite' which has a bedroom overlooking the Colosseum, a fantastic mirrored lounge, a great bathroom and an ideal kitchen area. This is the room that I will book for our next visit.

PLEASE, PLEASE BE VERY AWARE:- Pick pockets are EVERYWHERE, but particularly prevalent in crowded, tourist areas. They are very professional, and you will have no idea that your property has been stolen from your coat, jacket, handbag etc, until you go to look for it. If you stop at a street vendors stall, be especially wary. I must admit that the illegal street vendors, of which there are far too many, are not policed or dealt with by the Government, really can and will spoil your vacation. We left the exit of the Colosseum yesterday lunchtime and were approached by no less than 50+ Asian illegal street vendors within 5 minutes. They block your path and all have the same 'sales pitch'. PLEASE AVOID THEM AT ALL COSTS. If you stop to purchase from them, be very aware that they work in pairs, and while you are purchasing from them, somebody will be watching your wallet or purse so that they can steal it a few moments later.

My advice (as a retired Police Officer), is if you are approached, DO NOT MAKE EYE CONTACT or get into a discussion with them. If they persist in bothering you, just say a very firm 'NO' and keeping walking.

The local people who live and work in Rome are sick and tired of these illegal vendors just as much as tourists are, so please beware.

Finally, if you have any concerns or want to discuss your accommodation with Milena or Diego, then please contact them. They are extremely helpful and the accommodation is great.

I hope that this review helps you

Room Tip: Go for the Kennedy Suite for that added bit of luxury
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
5  Thank MarkeyB2911
Reviewed 19 November 2013

I loved this b&b. The owners Diego and Milena were so hospitable and went out of their way to make me comfortable in their hotel, they even gave me a phone charger for my phone which I had forgotten to bring! The location could not be better, everything you need to see in Rome, sites, restaurants, bars, shops, public transport, is walking distance or very close by. The rooms were furnished really nicely with a simple cool and slick style you could see that a lot of attention had gone into furnishing them.It was all very clean. I had my "cappuccino and croissant" real Roman style brought up to my room directly from the bar downstairs. Who could ask for more?!!! I will definitely come back.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Karen C
Reviewed 8 November 2013

The opportunity to have a room with a panoramic view of the edifice of the building which epitomes Imperial Rome was enticing in itself.
Having read the glowing reviews of this property and the welcoming hosts I elected to go against my better judgement and pre paid.
This property was one of the most unwelcoming I have stayed in over thirty years of travelling. With a tepid shower on offer, I packed, forwent a night's accommodation and returned to the fantastic hotel I had stayed earlier.

I was thirty minutes later than my proposed arrival time~Alitalia delay and Roman traffic to blame. He was obviously in a hurry to leave. A garbled verbalization of instructions, not how to use the telephone ! He was out, never to be seen again.

My first shower was cold, my second tepid.
This was made known to the female host with a response including"The water pressure does not depend on us unfortunately. We are working on it ..."
The breakfast consisted a 'stone' cold expresso and puny tasteless cornetto.

The decor is modern with an unwelcoming bathroom and a shower which would have difficulty fitting anyone taller that 5'11 or of slight girth.
A couple would have difficulty, a second suit case would impede free movement.
With a tariff of $250 Aus per night I felt ripped off.

Whilst this property left me disheartened it did not mar my time spent in my favourite city in the world.

My advice visit the Colosseum but DO NOT stay here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
11  Thank MDR_11
Milena S, Proprietario at Relais No9 Colosseo, responded to this reviewResponded 10 November 2013

After 10 years of working with tourists and clients from the whole world I learned something: you can't please everyone. The same room, the same bathroom, the same water and breakfast was decribed like fantastic and beautiful and lovely by 99% of the people who stayed in our place. These clients are coming back to stay with us everytime they're in Rome and this is the most important thing for us. We are sorry to hear that you didn't like it but just don't know what to do or say about it: water was perfectly warm and nice, the bathroom has perfect size and is made with best materials. If the espresso was cold you should just ask for another one, and we'd bring it.
By the way, bad experiance was mutual! We can still feel a smell of your cigarettes in our NON-SMOKING property. We are not happy at all.

Reviewed 22 May 2013

A couple of months ago I stayed for two nights here with my dad, and I didn't know it's literally facing the Colosseum. Milena is very helpful, the room is clean and the view is undoubtly fascinating. Also, the window is quite big so you can adore the view every second you look at it. I would definitely stay here again in a heartbeat.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family