“The Fetuccine Made Me Want to Cry...”
Review of That's Amore

That's Amore
Reserve with
That's Amore is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #195 of 13,057 Restaurants in Rome
Price range: US$20 - US$32
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Trevi
Description: In the heart of Rome, a few steps from the Trevi Fountain, That's Amore is a cozy space inspired by the best traditions of the Roman "trattorias." Day and night, seven days a week, the warm and professional staff serves up the most authentic regional cuisine: an array of appetizers, fresh pasta made by hand daily, succulent main dishes, fresh sides, and delicious homemade desserts. That's Amore, your home away from home
Reviewed 6 December 2013

in a good way. 13 Euro for house made fettucine with porcinis and a generous serving of black truflles? Yes, PLEASE! :) It was so awesome, we went back a 2nd time 3 days later. The torta caprese dessert is amazing and oh so tasty with the house red. The staff is fantastic and even remembered us when we went back the 2nd time along with our wine preference. Amazing given how may guests they must push through every night. We will definitely go back next time we're in Rome. Run, don't walk to this restaurant. And be sure to get a reservation early as they book up nightly!

Write a ReviewReviews (6,042)

Reviewed 5 December 2013

My mother and I made a reservation here as we heard it could be busy we arrived early and we're seating right away it was a bit of a squash if I reached my hand out I could touch the people at each aide of me without fully extending my arm saying that the food was delicious my mother had a carbonara pizza which was very big too big for one person but was very nice, I had the ravioli stuffed with vegetables with a cheese sauce and it was beautiful very filling we ordered two juices aswell and had this poured for us and we're also greeted at the door which was a lovely thing to do. We then ordered cocktails which were very strong but come to realise that's just the Italian measures! One vodka in Rome is a double in Scotland!! The staff were very friendly efficient and not without a smile. We will defiantly be going back before we leave.

Reviewed 3 December 2013 via mobile

Good food, great staff, great wine, authentic and well run family business. Owner greets you once entered. No getting hassled outside the door. Easy to read menu with variety but real italian food. We had laugh with staff. Gd food and plate size and even met the chef. If go back to rome coming back here.

Reviewed 1 December 2013

Staff were terrific, food was excellent, the atmosphere and setting were perfect. A very good Italian restaurant experience.

Reviewed 30 November 2013

We stopped at this restaurant without reservations on a Thursday evening in the Trevi neighborhood. It is a smaller restaurant and was quite full with customers. We were squeezed at the end of a table (for two, even though there was three of us) along the aisle. This meant that when someone wanted by (like a pram for example), my husband would have to get up and let them by (this happened twice). The table with all the serviceware and glasses hardly left room for the food for three people. It was crowded that evening.

That being said, the host was a very funny guy with a quick smile or joke. This was not tradition (i.e., you didn't have to order First, then Second). There was a broad selection of food. I had the traditional Roman pasta with tomato sauce, bacon, and cheese--it had a great little zing to it which was delicious. My husband had a Marinara pizza which was pretty good (he missed the cheese but that was his choice). We shared a dinner salad (it was big enough for three people). My daughter had lasagna and salad. We shared a bottle of Lambrusco and a bottle of water. The major disappointment was the dessert (we had the warm chocolate cake). Granted we had it to go because we were stuffed from the meal but wanted something to take back to the hotel with us. It might have been good when it was warm (it was the molten chocolate variety cake)--nothing different than what we had elsewhere but we would not recommend getting it to go!

Been to That's Amore? Share your experiences!