BBQueen
Priceline
US$203
Travelocity
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsbb queenb btrain stationsmall courtyardpastriesclose to terminicentral locationluggageunitlaundryhop
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 April 2013

My boyfriend and I traveled to Rome from California for the first time in April 2013. We booked the BBQueen online prior to getting here, so we were a little nervous because although it looked great online you never know. But prior to arriving Julia (the owner of the BBQueen) emailed us with very specific details as to how to get there, train schedules, taxis, etc. After we flew into Rome and hopped on a train to Roma Termini station we found that the walk to the BBQueen was really only 5 minutes and we had 2 huge suitcases (first timers who overpacked :)) so if we could do it anyone can. The BBQueen was relatively easy to find once we figured out where the street signs were located on the buildings. When we arrived Julia warmly greeted us and immediately gave us some refreshments. She then showed us right to our room which was perfect for the 2 of us. Everything was very clean and in good condition! She then gave us a map where she circled all the main points as to where we should go and the "must sees". She also put us onto the hop on/hop off busses that go all throughout Rome that way you can hop on at one of the stops and get off at whatever stop you'd like to see and spend more time at. This was the best most convenient way to travel thru Rome and the cheapest! Taxis are very expensive here, so this solution was just what we needed. After a few days we left Rome to see other parts of Italy and were planning to come back to end our trip in Rome, but were booked to stay at a different hotel. As soon as we checked out we emailed Julia to see if we she had room for us the following week, and she gladly accepted us again. I almost forgot to mention the breakfast...it was excellent! The croissants you get are to die for and we have had a lot of croissants on this trip. You also get a wide variety of breads, yogurt and cereal if you'd like. All in all this is an excellent place to stay, Julia is truly the nicest lady and so helpful! If we come back to Rome we are definitely staying here!

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 March 2013

We stayed in March 2013 for 4 days. Excellent B&B, modern newly decorated rooms and a very friendly host. Located at an inner courtyard so there is little noise from the street. Some noise from neighboring restaurant but this didn't disturb us too much (no noise during the night). We definately recommend this place.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 February 2013

When I'm passing through Rome - only staying a couple of nights before catching a flight - I don't want to stay far from Termini Station. From now on I'm going to try to book at the BBQueen before I look elsewhere! Good location, short, level walk to and from Termini (if I had more than one piece of luggage I'd take a taxi), very comfortable room, good breakfast. Julia was a treat!

The rooms (very 21st century) all look out onto a courtyard - so the sleep was great! The air conditioning was just what I needed in Rome in early June.

I've already recommended the BBQueen to friends.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank theCrankyProfessor
Reviewed 25 October 2012

My husband and I are frequent B&B travelers and this is one of the best experiences we have ever had. Julia is a charming, wonderful host with lots of practical and helpful information that made our vacation in Rome that much more productive and special. I booked our reservation at BBQueen because of the positive comments on Trip Advisor and I more than agree on all counts. I just had to post my own review letting people know that a fantastic time you will have here.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank CMGray
Reviewed 23 October 2012

My wife and I stayed in the BBQueen during the summer, and we loved it. We were a bit apprehensive about the location, being so close to the Termini, but the area around BBQueen is fine. Julia provided us with a map and several suggestions for our stay. There were some great small takeaway restaurants nearby, and the courtyard within the B&B's front gate was very picturesque--this seems like a very romantic, Italian place. The property is exceedingly clean, breakfast was wonderful each morning, and everyone was friendly.
The only downsides were 1) the air conditioning is not your typical American air conditioning (at least it wasn't in our room, when we stayed in '11). It is more of a fan, and does not remove the moisture from the air; we experienced some pretty warm sleep, but when in Rome...2) the other downside is that this is a bit of a hike to the main Rome attractions, but we enjoyed the walk, and again, the Termini is nearby (though we didn't want to ride after dark). Those were small things (just so others are aware), and overall, I highly recommend the BBQueen. We would definitely stay here again on our next trip to Rome.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple