“I liked it :)”
Review of David's Flat

We can't find prices for this accommodation
David's Flat
Ranked #888 of 1,182 Speciality Lodging in Rome
Reviewed 30 April 2012

Well I liked there. The location is very good, because from our balcony Colliseum was seen so close. But pay attention that your room have the view to Colliseum.
David is also a helpful guy. We did not have any problems with him.
To somebody could cause an inconvinience that it is actually on the gay street but it was not annoying to me at all. Daytime its normal street full of tourists.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Duckling21

Reviewed 27 October 2010

I went up to the reception which was on the 3rd floor of the building !
They asked my passport (European Union), they recorded all my data. They said, I had to pay right then( at 1 am ) all for 3 nights. I paid off, saying "all right". The young reception boy came, and showed my room. We went up to the 6th floor (There was no lift)
This was not a real room ! This was a kitchen with one bed, a broken window(the room was very cold because of that), rusted sinks, faucet wrapped with adhisive tape, dirty tiles.
I complained immediately, the receptionist shouted at me for this, and he was very disrespectful. I said it was very cold there and I was cold. He laughed at me. I asked him to return my money but they refused to do that.
The bath was a seperate bath with an entrance from the corridor( No bath in my room) I had not booked for such a room. ( I had booked for a room with a bath)
In the morning I found two strangers (two men, workers) in my bath room. They had the keys too. From my bathroom they carrying water in buckets to a neighbour flat.
I could not get my normal room for 2 days. But only on my 3rd day(last day) untill an Italian friend called the hotel. (I had told him on the phone about my problems there)
After that they also gave me a blanket. In the previous days I used my clothes as blanket to keep myself warm in the room. I can prove all this with photos.
Although I had an early reservation, but they charged me full price also. Because I was alone as a woman they could make this. I stayed in the kitchen and paid full price for it.
I was deceived, he shouted at me , laughed at me. And the young receptionist man was very disrespectful. He was maybe the owner's son.
When I received the room numbered 1 for my 3rd day (last day) I noticed in the bathroom that there was another door in the ceiling opening to the attic. It was open and because of that it was possible that some people could easily come to my room from the attic. It was difficult to sleep comfortably because of that thought.
But there (in the attic) I saw a map of the hotel on the wall. I noticed that the rooms numbered 1,2,3 were normal rooms but the room called "privato" private was a kitchen. So, I paid the full price for that. They did not apologise to me altough they knew my name, mail address, telephone number etc. before my arrival in the hotel they did not say "sorry.. we dont have an available room". If they had told me that I would have booked in another hotel. So, they deliberately deceived me.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 26 July 2010

I had a private room with a single bed on the third floor. The room was very small but clean and tidy. Price: 30 Eu/night. (not expensive for Rome)

Positive: Clean, quiet, great location, friendly staff.
Breakfast included in the price: coffee and croissant in a near restaurant.

Negative: The shared bathroom was clean, but no warm water at all, I had to take showers in ice cold water. After the first day the toilet broke, you couldn't flush and no one fixed it for 3 days until I was there.
Free WI-FI but was broken the first day, later worked well.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 November 2009

I had a terrible experience while staying at Davids Flat. From the day one following are the problems faced:
1. I booked Room for my family with private bathroom, when i reached there they gave me Room with Shared Bathroom. They take advantage to your situation
2. The street where it is situated is horrible/Dirty/Stinky.
3. The reception is in the corridor of ground floor next to the toilet which is very filthy.
4. There is no Lift available and most of the family room is there at 3-6th floor. With luggage it is very inconvenient.
5. The condition of room is pathetic, It smells a lot. The Ac/Heater not at all works. If complaint also no one will entertain you.
6. They take advance money along with Security deposit of 20 Euro. There after no one will care for you.
7. So called owner "David' Himself is a horrible and stupid guy who doesn't know how to conduct and talk to customer.

In Short one should not even think of going and staying there. There are lots of other better hostel available in the Rome.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 November 2009

The people over there are plain cheats. Despite having made advanced bookings and finalised the price, we were harassed for good 30 min when I arrived with family late in the night and was accommodated only after I agreed to their hiked price. The owner refused to even talk about the incident once he came. Had to carry our luggage to the 3rd floor (no lift and most family rooms located on 6th floor!!!). the BREAKFAST is a joke- a plain coffee and a stale croissant for which you have to walk 500 mtrs and that too starts at 0830 (late for a tourist with time constraints). i would never recommend this to a family

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 October 2009

We (8 people/4 rooms) stayed there for a whole week and the rooms were not cleaned during the whole stay. The towels and bed linen were not changed (they did after several request). When flushing toilet in one room the sludge was coming up in the shower. The temperature of the water in the shower was changing all the time. Opening 1 window it fallen off.
None mini fridge in the rooms as promised. The breakfast in a nearby café was 1 cup of coffee and 1 croissant. Please notice the double rooms with bathroom is on 3th , 5th and 6th floor and none elevator.
Consider Davids Flat as a hostel, not a B&B or hotel.

• Stayed: September 2009, travelled with friends
1  Thank Oldboy68
Reviewed 31 July 2009

It was a nice stay, the single rooms where nice and the place was clean. The only problem was that the elevator didn't work and you had to carry your bagagge to a 5th floor.

• Stayed: October 2008, travelled on business