“Good korean, refreshing after 3 weeks of pasta and pizza”
Review of Arirang

Arirang
Ranked #3,933 of 13,326 Restaurants in Rome
Cuisines: Korean
Dining options: Reservations
Neighbourhood: Esquilino
Reviewed 25 March 2014

The food is actually really good. I was on rome 1.5 years ago. Came here and again tonight. Food still as good.
It is a little pricey if you compare it to the ones back home (Australia). But when you're in rome and there's no competition, and you want something other than italian. This is a great alternative. And if you compare it with the other italian restaurants, it's about the same price anyway.
We spent £20 each.
Green tea, appetiser and main.
6 small dishes with every order anyway.
It's usually, kimchi, stewed potatoes, and several pickles

Reviewed 20 November 2013

I just came back from my second meal at Arirang - I liked it the first time last year and decided to come back, and tonight did not disappoint.

For 34 Euros, total for two people, we had a large bottle of water, a Korean green tea, a large bowl of Manduguk (Korean dumpling soup) and of a generous helping spicy pork and rice (for Ssambap, Korean lettuce wraps- to make yourself) - each of the two main dishes came with six mini-side dishes (kimchi, potatoes, pickled cucumbers, omelette, soybeans, and spicy pickled vegetables).

The flavours were all good- quite spicy, which I enjoy very much. My only negative comment would be that the pork was a little fatty and not all the pieces chewed well. This was not the case when I came here the first time.

The place itself is not romantic, cosy, or well-decorated. However, it's clean, warm, and our waiter was very attentive and friendly. The menu has pictures - which is very helpful, as I am not familiar with Korean cuisine - and our waiter spoke both Italian and English.

I will come again and will recommend this place to friends. Thanks for a great dinner!

1  Thank BetteSpark
Reviewed 27 June 2013

The restaurant is clean, the staff is pleasant, the food tastes good and is reasonably priced. If you're looking for Korean food in Rome, then this is the place to go to.

1  Thank Nick O
Reviewed 20 September 2012

We had lunch here yesterday because we were near the termini and just visited the Museo Nationale. We wanted something different. We were the only ones there at noon so we had no problem with the service. The restaurant is clean and inviting. The owner understood English and had menus that had pictures of Korean dishes. They provided use another menu with Italian food as well. We had the Kimchi pancake as a starter then we had Bibimbap and beef bulgogi. They provided us with various dishes of kimchi. The food was good, fresh and the portion size was just right.

3  Thank SienaNeko
Reviewed 14 August 2012

Very yummy food, I went in and all the other customers were Korean. The manager was very nice, the only thing is that it's a bit pricey.

1  Thank Maria S