“very good”

Ranked #24 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
Chigwell, England, United Kingdom
“very good”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

Rome its a very romantic place ,we had such a wonderful weekend there that we going back its a must travel city and the wine woooooow was amazing ,we choose Mario de Fiori after considering a dozen hotels,we also look at the sisters hotel near by the Marguta 54 but we decide with the first choice it soothes best ,Mario de Fiori offers a best qualitie service and its 2 minutes walk from Spanish steps and close to the designer shops and amazing Hotels

Room Tip: The corner rooms are the best very peaceful
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed 4 February 2013

I stayed three nights from 30/jan - 02/feb 2013

This hotel get 5 stars from me , it is a small hotel with great location in the center of Rome , very clean and Well maintained , Rooms are spacious beautiful and smell good, the staff are Welcoming and very nice .

I order Deluxe Double room and they upgraded me to Deluxe Studio
In the room they put Nespresso coffe mashine with big Selection Capsules free , free wifi , big screen LCD , Fully equipped and comfortable bathroom .

The hotel is in walking distance from all the attractions and short distance from the metro.

I'm sure I'll be back to stay in this hotel soon.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 January 2013

We picked Mario de' Fiori after considering a dozen hotels in the area and we were very happy with our choice. I like its sister properties as well, Babuino 181 and Marguta 54, both located nearby. Although, Babuino 181 is more a full service hotel, Mario de' Fiori offers the best location -- its 2 mins walk from the Spanish steps and next to all the designer boutiques and fabulous restaurants. The hotel resembles a high end apartment, the rooms were modern, and the staff was very friendly. It is important to note that the bathroom doors in the room were glass and see-through so you need to be comfortable with your companion given that they are located right in front of the bed. Overall, it was a great experience and we will definitely stay at this hotel or one of its sister properties again!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 15 January 2013

I have chosen this hotel after reading about the good reviews from tripadvisor!

Location
It's located at Spanish quarter. Vibrant, safe to walk around until late night, lots of shops ( high and mid range) and restaurants, carrefour supermarket. Metro is few minutes walk.

Hotel furnishing and facility
Clean, modern design, spacious. the hotel was fully booked when I try to extend so I had to go around hunting for other hotels. Most of the other hotels are small, dark and poorly design. To me,This should be the best hotel in Spanish quarter. The room is big but the hotel has not much facilities though but there are lots of restaurants just one step from the hotel.

Mariane the hotel manager was very helpful and patient.
On my first day, she spent time telling me how to walk to collosuem and Vatican city etc.
She also help me call up the tour agency which I found from some websites.
She help me look for other hotels since theirs were fully booked when I tried to extend only a day before. After i checked out, She help me call the other hotel which I planned to go and even pass me her contact in case I need any emergency help! I wrote this review in appreciation of her kindness and genuine,sincere service rendered.
Mariane, thanks again ( hope i have spelled your name correctly). If I ever visit Rome again I will still in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Breakfast is coffee, yoghurt, bread and cake.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Traveller A
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 19 December 2012

Well-located near the Spanish Steps, with rooms that are both charming (carved out of an old townhouse) and modern (nice, spacious baths and comfortable beds).

There are virtually no services available and the butler-delivered breakfast takes some time (it has to come from several blocks away), but if you are willing to trade some conveniences for more space and nicer rooms, this is an excellent choice for the area.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank MannyG2000
Teddington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 December 2012 via mobile

This very stylish hotel right in the centre of the city very close to the Spanish Steps and via del Corsa with its endless clothes shops. We stayed in a junior suite a lovely corner room with fabulous facilities. The staff were friendly and helpful and the central location made visiting attractions easy. Lots of restaurants and cafes locally made eating out easy. Would definately come here again.

Manchester
Reviewed 27 November 2012

We stayed 3 nights in suite 103 which overlooks the street below from the first floor. The rooms were comfortable and bathroom was modern and well appointed with a decent shower.

There is a Nespresso machine in the room which was great, particularly when we didn't feel like a big breakfast and just wanted some decent coffee before getting out for the day.

The two best things about this place were:
- The reception is manned until about 10pm and as there aren't that many suites the staff never seemed unduly busy and always had time to do things like book restaurants and transport etc. We actually never saw any of the other guests at all!
- The location is very central. A two minute walk to the Spanish steps, about 15mins to the Trevi fountain. We actually didn't use public transport at all during our trip and walked to the Vatican (about 35 mins), Colosseum (about 40 mins) and other places.

There is a taxi rank at the Spanish steps and the cost to Fiumicino airport was about 50 Euros.

We went to a few decent restaurants while we were staying here; would recommend Imago at the Hassler for a very special occasion (Michelin starred but expensive!), also really enjoyed Coso restaurant on Via in Lucina.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple