“Location, location, location!”

Ranked #24 of 1,256 Hotels in Rome
Melbourne, Australia
“Location, location, location!”
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

Have just spent a few nights at this fantastic boutique hotel.
Location is perfect - close to many places for breakfast lunch and dinner. Also in the heart of the luxury shopping precinct
Staff were all very helpful.. Especially Allegra who offers quality service and recommendations well tailored to your demographic.

All in all the stay was pretty much perfect. Only a few minor issues which aren't worth mentioning
Staff informed we couldn't drink the tap water and there were no free bottles as you'd expect from a hotel of this calibre.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Maersf
RomeLuxurySuites, Direttore at Mario de' Fiori 37, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind words about your stay with us! I’m happy to hear our staff, and in particular Allegra, provided great service and recommendations. I am however apologetic we did not adequately communicate with you about Rome’s tap water, which is perfectly safe to drink. I will discuss this with my staff in order to prevent confusion in the future. We hope to welcome you the next time you’re in Rome.

Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (56)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed 29 May 2014

Spent 4 nights at the Mario de Fiori with my girlfriend. The room was spacious and the bathroom even more so with a large bathtub and a separate shower. As many have mentioned, the location is excellent. One could keep in mind though that the area is very crowded, especially during festivities (such as the new year when we stayed there). We were first a bit worried that the buzz from the streets outside might be disturbing, but it wore off later at night. The bed was also very comfortable, providing great sleep quality. Overall we loved our stay and it always felt good coming back to the room after walking the rainy streets of Rome.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nicholas A
Dear Guest,

I’m pleased our rooms offered a peaceful retreat and our beds promoted a restful sleep for you and your girlfriend. We hope to host you on your next visit!

Puebla, Mexico
Reviewed 24 May 2014

Excellent location, specially if you like to be in the bohemian-chic part of Rome; walking distance to Fontanna di Trevi, Piazza del Popolo and Piazza Spagna. Very nice rooms with confortable bed and pillows and good service from the staff. I really liked a guide that was written by the owner with not too touristy recomendations of restaurants, bars, cafes and boutiques. If you use it, it is a definetely highlight of this hotel! I'd say the price-quality relation is good and not excellent, perhaps it could be less expensive without compromising quality.

Room Tip: We had was the excesive noise from the street early in the morning. Although we were on the 3rd floo...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for calling my guidebook the highlight of your visit. It’s a privilege to share my favorite parts of the city with our guests, and it gives me great joy the book served you so well. I hope fortune finds you in Rome again soon!

Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 4 May 2014

Perfect location. Rooms are very clean and comfortable. Front desk staff were very helpful and sincere. Very safe. I wouldn't recommend this hotel to people that have trouble walking stairs or lifting their legs to get into the shower/tub. There is a lift, but you still have a few stairs to contend with. We will always stay here when in Rome

• Stayed April 2014
Dear Guest,

I always hope our guests see our hotel as their home in Rome, and I’m so happy it has become so for you. We look forward to being a part of your next visit!

Bangor, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed here in the week leading up to the Easter weekend - and thought it was so lovely. Warm welcome on arrival, and the receptionists were helpful throughout my stay. I was really happy with the location - convenient for everything!

I had a lovely, spacious room overlooking two streets. Whilst there was air-conditioning available it was also lovely to open to windows wide open and listen to the chatter of people passing below. The bed was comfortable - but the ledge around the bed did take a bit of getting used to - and I did swear loudly one night when I hit my shin on it. The bathroom was gorgeous with plenty of space for everything.

As the hotel does not serve breakfast I made full use of the espresso machine in the room to give me a boost before heading off to one of the very nice coffee houses/cafes nearby. The hotel also provided a very useful "local information" booklet on arrival which had recommendations for places to eat and drink which I appreciated.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Yblodyntatws
Dear Guest,

Thank you for calling our hotel a “haven.” It’s a pleasure serving our guests and I’m so glad our staff welcomed you with such warmth. We hope to see you again soon!

Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 27 April 2014

This was our first visit to Rome After going to Venice, Tuscany and Florence -- this hotel was by far the worst. This was not a suite -- very small, a bed and two very uncomfortable chairs. No dresser or any place to even set our toiletries - no sink area in the bathroom. We asked to leave immediately, and requested to be transferred to the sister hotel with a at least a bar - of course that wasn't going to happen. The staff did give us breakfast at the sister hotel for our three day stay and gave us a bottle of champagne, but that did not make up for our disappointment. We were not thrilled with their restaurant suggestions either -- on our last night we wanted to go to a special dinner -we had them make reservations the day before , per their suggestion they made reservations at Edy - which was and always has been closed on Sundays. We ended up getting
pizza delivered to a bar !! The bartender, Dragos, at the sister hotel was awesome. He was fun, entertaining and just plain nice. We didn't see any rooms at this sister hotel - Babuino 181 - but from what we saw, this one seemed nicer -- it at least had a bar and restaurant.

Room Tip: Don't stay here-not worth the money.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Susan H
RomeLuxurySuites, Proprietario at Mario de' Fiori 37, responded to this review, 13 May 2014
Dear Susan H,

On behalf of our staff I want to thank you for writing your first ever review on Trip Advisor!

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed the terrace at our sister hotel Babuino
181 and that our barman served you well during your stay in Rome.

I am very sorry the rest of your stay at Mario dei Fiori did not meet your expectations. We offer a variety of rooms and suites at various price points, as described on our website. For your visit, you chose the Double Deluxe room which as you've noted is not a suite, but includes a king sized bed, a small seating area and a bathroom. I am very puzzled by your description of the bathroom since every room in the hotel has a large sink area. But it is clear that our staff did not perform up to their normal standards in the restaurants they recommended. I will personally look into what happened and hope you will let us make it up to you on your next trip to Rome.

Yours sincerely,

Alberto Moncada
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 24 April 2014

As a frequent traveller I have stayed in numerous hotels around the world. Mario de' Fiori 37 was a real delight. Clean spacious room and a very comfortable bed ensured a good nights sleep. It was also quite at night with double glazed windows. Great bath room and shower with quality amenities and towels. The nespresso machine was fantastic for that early morning coffee.
The staff were exceptional, Giuseppe was most helpful with directions and suggestions to the best eateries. The other staff on duty..sorry I have forgot your names were fantastic and arranged my train tickets to my next destination in Italy. All the staff were very friendly and professional. I had the breakfast package which was served at sister hotel only a few minutes walk away...great selection of food and coffee... again very professional and attentive staff... I meet and chatted to Doris (the manager it think) and what a delightful person she was..
I highly recommend this hotel to anybody wanting a great location in Rome and serviced by wonderful staff.
Mario P
Australia

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank Mario P
RomeLuxurySuites, Proprietario at Mario de' Fiori 37, responded to this review, 14 May 2014
Dear Mario P,

Thank you so much for your feed-back and for having chosen to stay with us during your recent trip to Rome.

Doris, Giuseppe and all our staff at Mario de Fiori and Babuino 181 want to thank you for your kind comments and are looking forward to welcoming you back soon!

Best regards from Rome,