“Good typical roman cuisine”

Trattoria Antica Boheme
Ranked #826 of 13,551 Restaurants in Rome
Good for: Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: After-hours, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighbourhood: Esquilino
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We tried this restaurant upon recommendation of our hotel. We were very satisfied. We had the traditional bucatini alla matriciana and saltimboca alla romana and both were of very good quality. Good service. I recommend it.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,182)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

I ended up at this restaurant randomly, but the experience was so good that I had to come back once more.
The bruschettas are amazing and also the calves liver. The service and environment is very welcoming!

Reviewed 30 May 2018

Very busy restaurant and for a Saturday the service was good. There was however a large group of American priests who were very noisy and excitable. The food was acceptable but nothing special.

Reviewed 14 May 2018 via mobile

Our hotel hostess recommended this place and I could see why. We went for a lunch date and it was not busy at all. Great ambience and a great greeting by the staff.

I wanted spaghetti Bolognese with a chicken side and it was fantastic... best meal I’ve had in a while. My wife had pasta with artichoke and bacon and she said it was the best she had.

That along with bread, a litre of water and wine came to $41 Euros. We were stuffed, no room for dessert though another party had some and it looked delicious.

Wish we had another night here so we could go again.

Great memories...

Reviewed 9 May 2018 via mobile

We showed up for dinner at 8:30 on a rainy weeknight without a reservation and the place was packed. When you step in off the street there is no one to greet you initially but we eventually figured out to go down the steps and the busy, but friendly, proprietor asked us how many (4), and was able to seat us after a short wait.

It took a little while to get drinks but the House red wine “vino rosso della casa “ was very good. We ordered and started with the bruschetta, which was excellent. Lots of diced, fesh, delicious tomatoes in excellent olive oil on local artisan bread. My wife had the minestrone which she loved and devoured. The other couple each had the pasta cacio e pepe and liked it very much. My spaghetti carbonara was very good, cooked just right.

My only knock was just the time it took to get waited on and served. There were several large family groups having dinner, obviously locals and regulars, and they were attended to well. We don’t speak Italian but we make the effort and weren’t really given a chance to connect with the waiter, and had a hard time getting their attention when we needed more water, and had to skip dessert because it was getting late and we had to catch a plane the next morning. Do give this place a try. It is authentic and tasty, and maybe you will hit it at a better time, or can make a reservation, although I am not sure they take them.

1  Thank Lindsey H