“A Piece of Heaven in Trastevere”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Trastevere Relais

Trastevere Relais
Ranked #2,698 of 3,752 Rome B&B and Inns
Vilnius, Lithuania
“A Piece of Heaven in Trastevere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

We stayed in Trastevere Relais for two nights and were pleasantly surprised from the very first moment we stepped into this place. Originally decorated and stylish rooms full of wonderful interior ideas and extremely helpful and kind staff,- all of this exceeded our expectations. The owner of the apartment seems to be aware of how to make the stay of her guests unforgettable. We enjoyed the location as well, - Trastevere is the best place to stay if you are visiting Rome. It was a short stay in Rome, but Caterina's hospitality and this special place - Trastevere Relais - created a wonderful and unforgettable picture of Rome. Our best recommendations for everyone!

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vaida M

Paris
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 July 2011

Its my second trip to the Trastevere Relais - and this stay was even better than my last. The hotel is calm, spacious and very stylish. Its exteremly well situated on the main street in Trastevere only minutes away from the river.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
Santa Monica, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2011

This is a nice little hotel. Stayed in Room 205- clean and modern, mini-fridge, flatscreen TV, wifi access in the room for a few € a day. Comfy bed and cold AC (the unit was a little loud, but white noise helps me sleep, so perfect for me). Small, but suitable for a solo traveler. The bathroom was spacious and spotless, and had a shower with those little hydro-jets poking out everywhere from the walls, which just delighted me and amplified my bathing scenario. Cool padded headboard and semi-goth chandelier. Awesome pizzeria on the street half a block away.
The breakfast, however, is just a pastry and cappuccino from the coffee shop down on the street... and if you show up hungover, be prepared to carry your luggage up 3 flights of stairs.
The staff is charming and helpful and attractive. I requested the same room when I came back thru Rome the next weekend and I was glad I returned.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled solo
1 Thank CBW76
Dublin, Ireland
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 June 2011

Although the location was good I would not recommend this B&B as the female manager/owner has a big attitude problem. I booked in for six nights and not once were my towels changed. When I enquired I was told I could have a clean towel at a cost. I was not expecting them to be changed every day but at least once would have been nice. My shower was used on one occasion when I was out and I found blood on the floor and on a face towel when I returned. The manager was not around to complain to and the person on duty did not speak English. When I did get to speak to the manager she was downright rude. The breakfast at a local cafe left a lot to be desired and I'm sure the charge of 4% when paying with a car cannot be legal. I stayed in two other similarly priced hotels one in Rome and one in Amalfi where the staff were lovely and I received clean towels. I'm amazed that this woman can get away with such shoddy treatment of guests and I notice a number of other found her offensive also. Pity I didn't read those reviews before I booked as it was a most unpleasant welcome to rome.

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo
5 Thank Muqarnas

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Austin, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2011

Catarina, the owner, handled everything with grace. As Americans who booked a last minute trip to Italy, with almost no Italian language skills, the hotel was perfect. Catarina sent someone to pick us up at the airport, spent over an hour on the phone with Hertz changing our car rental reservation, and was brilliant with our 3.5 year old son. We will stay there again at the end of our seven week trip!

check out our travel blog at www SuchANiceLife dot com!

• Stayed March 2011, travelled on business
Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2011

We stayed at Trastevere Relais for 10 days in May and found this place the best. The hotel is in the walking distance from all major sites of the city. Good old Italian restaurants are near.The room was clean and comfortable. One of the good thing is you can have room keys and come and go whenever you want! So, we had night walks around the city! Breakfasts are simple but good! Caterina - the host - is a very helpful and kind person, who became a very good friend of ours. Next time we would stay here again.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2011

I used to live in Rome, and know this area very well which is why I was so excited to book a room here - I wouldn't want to stay anywhere other than Trastevere, and this is pretty central Trastevere at a pretty reasonable price...
Unfortunately once I confirmed the booking I received a T&C document which kind of stunned me. No refunds were allowed under no conditions, and everything seemed to have an additional cost: late arrival, early arrival, internet, baggage deposit, late departure, etc. So be careful of this.
The photographs are accurate but the room - or, at least mine - was much smaller in reality than I thought it would be based on the photo. But it was just me, so it was fine. The room and furnishings were new and all in very good condition, but I can't possibly believe this is classified by someone as a 4-star place.
Caterina who runs it is really lovely. Unfortunately because I stayed over New Year's which was a holiday for everyone including staff, I didn't see her besides my arrival date. She knew this would be the case, and so I had to pay my room pretty much up-front, which was fine really. For the time she was there I found her to be very helpful, whether it was for a hotel restaurant or museum info.
There was no breakfast at all like depicted on her website. Instead we were given vouchers for a coffee, croissant and juice at the bar on the next street, which wasn't quite what I might've hoped for (the site gives a totally different impression).
I was there for New Years as I said, so my room wasn't cleaned over the holiday, but I guess I wasn't that surprised.
In the end as no one was around I left the keys on the reception desk and just left. Also, I think once again because no one was around, I was able to leave my bags for the afternoon at no charge...
Would I stay there again? Probably - after all it wasn't really that bad, the room and furnishings were new, the location is too good, and because I know Rome like my second home and I travel alone, it's fine. I just would make sure I would have no reason to be charged anything extra! But I wouldn't consider it ideal for anyone going on their first trip who wants to have that warm, welcoming feeling you get at some places.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled solo