“nice stay in rome” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2,846 of 3,734 Rome B&B and Inns
Bangkok, Thailand
“nice stay in rome”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 December 2013

I have visited romd\e a few times but this one instead of going to my usual apartment next to the Nomentana area a chose a guesthouse in the same area. Working for the thai embassy i am often traveling and it is not far from porta pia that the embassy is.I TRAVELED N MY OWN AND FOUND THE FACILITIES I NEEDED: free wifi, cleaness, and nice warm breakfast served by a philippine girl, melody:) she is great.
if you plan to ravl to rome for a few days for meeting or business i do recommend it.

Room Tip: seemed spacious to be a single room 302
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
      Cleanliness

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (32)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
St. Petersburg, Russia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 December 2013

I have come here for business trip before I went to Parma to complete. I have spent 3 days in rome 2 of them out of the city inside of a milk a manufacturing line to export Italian products to Frankfurt. Overall the weather was good but I have spent a single day in which I went to the CoLOSSEUM and the Vatican. The city has a lot to offer but poorly organized as no body could help me on what to do at night. I returned to the guesthouse after the day spent out and I relaxed watching a german tv channel ( I was surprised they had it!). Shower and cleaning were good, breakfast was complimentary I did not take it. Overall I was satisfied.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 November 2013

No hot water, no air condition,
The beds are so bad we broke our back

They charged us extra money for keeping our suitcases 2 hours extra

We asked our money back after the first night , because if all the inconveniences , but got refused

• Stayed November 2013
2 Thank Petahtikva
cesarbedandreakfast, Owner at Cesar Palace Guesthouse, responded to this review, 8 December 2013
Dear Readers,
we believe that most valid reviews are the one following the guidelines of the community of tripadvisor.com. Our considerations are that this review has been strongly influenced by the context of the events. Let me explain more, the person was a very rude man coming to our place and pretended we would make the same dicounted price for one night instead of 3. We affirmed that the discounted rate as stated in our website was made for a 3 nights stay. The guest began to scream and concluded he wanted his money back. We charged the first night as for cancellation policy which was very clear in our booking conditions yet the guest was unsatisfied. He believed we shall have allowed him to sleep only one night. Being furious he preferred to lose his money and take his car to continue his car trip. We have many guest unfortunately some people dont know what rules and human respect is. The person decided to leave and he could not write this review as he did not sleep, yet surprisingly he was allowed to.
we hope this unauthentic review will be removed as it damages our reputation without being truthful
regards

Travellers are raving about these Rome hotels

Modiin, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 November 2013

We have planned this Trip from Israel where I work in the costruction field and I met some italian friends who have recommended to visit rome. I really enjoyed my first time in Rome and in Europe. I have been suggested this place by a local member of my costruction company who had been there in the past. I think is good to share a place where u enjoy. I felt the price was particularly convenient given the central location of the place. The place offered useful amenities such as Kosher breakfast in room. Shabbat in Rome was simpler than expected since me and my wife bought all the food and we were allowed to consume it in the kitchen of the place
Breakfast was parve but not halav isroel. ROoms were classic but clean. Overall I enjoyed the city in general and I was astonished by the number of kosher restaurant in the city. The only thing I did not like about the place was the elevator dimesions way small but they told me that rome is old and all elevators are like that

Room Tip: inside view are more quiet, I asked a room change and they allowed it
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 September 2013

Friendly staff and rooms were well looked after and clean. I went for a weekend trip back in April and the staff were friendly and helped me with how to get to the main sites.

Would happily stay there again

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ajt_turner
Las Vegas, Nevada
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 September 2013

The hotel told me I had to give a credit card number to secure my reservation. Then I arrived and the staff told me I had to pay in cash, which I did. Then they billed my card anyway.

The hotel was fine for what I had agreed to pay for it -- it was NOT worth double the price.

My first -- and only -- bad experience on my trips through Europe. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
4 Thank daniel6290
cesarbedandreakfast, Front Office Manager at Cesar Palace Guesthouse, responded to this review, 23 October 2014
Dear Guest,
Is it our procedure to charge the first night as booking confirmation. Then, when the guests arrives at our guesthouse, we always show him the payment receipt and ask him to sign it, both for our and his security, and we end up the check-in process by asking him to pay (either in cash or with credit card) the remaining part of the reservation and the city tax (cash only). That being said, if we would have charged you two times, we would have shown you the receipt to be sing up, and you’d have a chance to check the amount charged and, if needed, contest the balance. If an human mistake has been made during the Check-In process, and you were changed twice, you had the right to notify in order to have a refund. We don’t have any prove such refund request has been made, so far.
Our policy is to do our best in order to meet the needs and satisfy our guests, and we think we did so when we asked you a fee for the room you had that was “fine” in your opinion. We would have loved to solve this inconvenience face to face at the moment of your stay. But we can’t reverse time, so what we can do now is to invite you to visit us again, to provide a better service and make your stay even more enjoyable.
Ramat Gan, Israel
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 August 2013

Me and my wife spent a shabbat in august in Rome. As alll of us may imagine agusut is summer and its very hot. The restaurant at least the kosher ones were mostly closed and I had to have the help of Dave the owner to understand where I may have gone to eat kosher. I have sepent most of my trip in restayurant and visiting the historical venues of rome. The place was central and it was fully accomodating for what concerns shabbat meal. The breakfast room was provided to me to eat, all was clean. The owner is a very honest man that told me where he bought the Koshe breakfast so I always went by myself around. Room are quite and the staff melodie is certain.ly a help also in the afternoon. I strongly reccomend it for kopsher and non!

Room Tip: Just choose the superior is 10 euros more but worth it
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family