“don't go”

Cesar Palace Guesthouse
Ranked #3,085 of 3,779 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 March 2014

This place was really awful. It was far from the center and from the ghetto(a 20 minute car ride without traffic, not walkable at all). The room was very smelly. The kosher breakfast was stale. Don't stay here

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Naomi b
cesarbedandreakfast, Front Office Manager at Cesar Palace Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2014

Dear Guest,
As the center of the Rome is quite wide, there are several ways to refer to it. Romans people use to say the city center is located inside the ancient roman walls which surrounded the city back in the days. Porta Pia is the biggest entrance of such walls, meaning our Guesthouse is right on the border of the city center. Neither in our private website or here on Tripadvisor we pretend to be elsewhere. Quite the contrary, we are always happy to help our guests to discover the beautiful neighborhood of Porta Pia, close to Via Veneto and its memories of La Dolce Vita; we also explain in details to them how to move in the city and how to reach the most interesting spots of the city, and we provide a map and clear instruction about public and private transportation.
The kosher food came daily from a kosher shop nearby: the close package with an intact label (in which you can see certification mark and delivery date) is then given to the guest. We take into great consideration the Kosher tradition and we do everything is needed to respect it and give our guests a flawless service.
As well, the cleaning team works daily to keep our guesthouse clean and sterilized, and to do so we use strong detergents such as bleach and ammonia which smell can be unpleasant, that’s why an air freshener is available at the reception.
Hopefully you’ll give us a chance to prove the quality of your service by visit us again.

Reviewed 11 March 2014

I have just went Yestarday and I have left back. Service was good people were actually friendly. The japanese receptionist was quite interesting person, he told me he was a bachelor in his country but had to move to Europe for jb. The room was good and comfortable. I had a late check in and I had to advise them prior is a small organization but nice because its family atmosphere.
Strongly suggeste

Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2014

Clean rooms, helpful staff, good location, breakfast something more than just a coffee and croissant :) price - quality relation excellent. I will recommend this place to everyone, especially if you want to go everywhere on foot.

Room Tip: choose room with windows on yard side, the street is very noisy
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 January 2014

Central location, founded on their website they offered kosher breakfast, I paid a little extra but worth the experience. My first time in Italy and Rome is fascinating place the room was good enough and very clean. Most of the time we spent eating in the numerous kosher venues in Roma, the ghetto was not too far we took bus 62 for 10 minutes and walked for 5. Rome has a wonderful community small but fully served of food. As you can understand food has been a constant theme, also the breakfast was ok not Israeli style but continental. Good cheese. I will return and I suggest

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I arrived in Rome Sunday 5th of January and left the guesthouse on Wednesday 8th of January. I work in garment and the purpose of my Rome stay was to sign some contracts with Italian partners. Fortunately, I found Cesar Palace. Here, I enjoyed a variety of benefits. The staff was very amicable and provided me with very detailed instructions on how to move around the city center. Being vegetarian, the staff understood my needs and provided ad hoc natural foods for me to eat at breakfast. Rooms had a beautiful view of the autumn trees. During daytime Porta-Pia neighborhood is very live with restaurants, markets, pharmacies and shops constantly open. While at night it is placid easing my day stress and simplifying my sleeping process. Overall, I would recommend not only the Cesar Palace Guesthouse but also the month of January as it is a relatively warm period in Italy compared to many European capitals like Paris or Berlin.

Room Tip: Call the staff; whom is very helpful at their fixed line. Possibly book with them, they also gave me...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I have visited romd\e a few times but this one instead of going to my usual apartment next to the Nomentana area a chose a guesthouse in the same area. Working for the thai embassy i am often traveling and it is not far from porta pia that the embassy is.I TRAVELED N MY OWN AND FOUND THE FACILITIES I NEEDED: free wifi, cleaness, and nice warm breakfast served by a philippine girl, melody:) she is great.
if you plan to ravl to rome for a few days for meeting or business i do recommend it.

Room Tip: seemed spacious to be a single room 302
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I have come here for business trip before I went to Parma to complete. I have spent 3 days in rome 2 of them out of the city inside of a milk a manufacturing line to export Italian products to Frankfurt. Overall the weather was good but I have spent a single day in which I went to the CoLOSSEUM and the Vatican. The city has a lot to offer but poorly organized as no body could help me on what to do at night. I returned to the guesthouse after the day spent out and I relaxed watching a german tv channel ( I was surprised they had it!). Shower and cleaning were good, breakfast was complimentary I did not take it. Overall I was satisfied.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business