“4+ Star at a budget price”
Review of Domidea Hotel

Domidea Hotel
Ranked #223 of 1,267 Hotels in Rome
Reviewed 28 July 2013

We traveled as a family group in two rooms, From the moment we arrived to the moment we checked out the service was impeccable. The rooms were spacious, comfortable and extremely clean. You will have read reviews saying it is too far out and in an industrial area etc. Rest assured it is very easily accessible by public transport or the free hotel shuttle. Personally I dont check into hotels to look out the window and watch the world go by, so I am not bothered by the view being a semi industrial one.
If you are looking for a 4+ star experience at a reasonable price you cant go past it.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank travelbug61u
There are newer reviews for Domidea Hotel

Reviewed 22 July 2013

This was my third stay at the Domidea, and unlike other hotels it's quality is consistently high. All the staff I encountered have a good command of English - great for us lazy brits (myself included) who often cannot be bothered to learn a second language.
They are always polite and friendly, and nothing is ever too much trouble.
In particular the barman, while always professional and courteous is also quite happy to chat in between serving other customers, and will point out new beers he has in stock for you to try.
The young lady in the breakfast room is equally excellent at all she does, single-handedly (or so it appears) supplying a vast array of meats, pastries and other typical continental fare with spotlessly clean tables, cutlery and crockery. Equally as friendly and welcoming as the barman (but much more attractive!!!!). Personally I have not encountered the "really long queues" for breakfast as commented by one reviewer, although once it was a "little busy". Having said that, I am usually having breakfast just after 6:30 when it opens!!!!
I have stayed in three different types of rooms, the one for this visit being a quite small room on the ground floor. Not a problem for me on business on my own, but possibly a little cramped for a couple on holiday where you are more likely to spend time in the room than I. For me, however, even the smallest room was perfect. Again, like the rest of the hotel, it was spotlessly clean, great shower (possibly a minus for people who like baths - I am not sure if any rooms have baths.) and a comfortable bed.
Love the free wi-fi with no fiddly passwords on small phones, great signal in the room and in the public areas and no "one device only" restriction.
A minor downside is that other than for breakfast, the hotel has no restaurant of its own. However, there is a resaurant literally less than a minute walk from the hotel, (for a UK reader, you will know what I mean when I say "like a Premier Inn"). I have never used the restaurant so I cannot comment. The reason being is that the bar serves 5 or 6 different pasta dishes, and I find them quite tasty and the quantity is just right. And two of the three times I have visited this hotel I have been on my own, and I really cannot be bothered to sit in a restaurant waiting heaven knows how long for a meal to come. Whereas the pasta at the bar arrives in an easy 10 minutes - on a bad day!!!!
Although I see holiday makers at the hotel, I would class it more of a business hotel - there are no nice views, no pool, no spa, but that is assuming you require such things - although a nice message would be good at the end of a long hard day in the office!!!!!!
As a business hotel, I think it is absolutely excellent. Never had to even think about complaining about anything, and being what I believe to be an independant hotel, they clearly try harder than a hotel that is part of a chain. And for me, they succeed - big time.
I have to confess that I found this hotel by accident - the hotel I normally stayed at was full and I was looking for another hotel in the same area or very near to it. However, the Domidea is now my first choice whenever I go to Rome. I would definately recommend it, especially to people on business.
OOPS!! I mis-clicked the Fitness Centre (they don't have one) and Room Service (Not sure if they have it but if they did I did not make use of it), so PLEASE IGNORE the "Terrible" for those two items below.

Room Tip: There are rooms that face "into" the hotel and as a result the balconies are not so good...
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank RonObbs
Reviewed 21 July 2013

We travelled by car, so it was very easy to get to the hotel from city centre, but I guess it will be more difficult without car. Modern hotel, helpful stuff, good room, small parking place was enough for all parked cars (New year's eve). Serious minus: really long queues for a breakfast because of small restaurant, but always tasty and various food.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 15 July 2013

I am a Greek so I am used in a bit maniac way of driving but I think that for the most of the tourists it' better to avoid driving in Rome. For the rest, I suggest considering Hotel Domidea as a good option for their stay in Rome. Staff is excellent. Parking and W-Fi are free, rooms are big, new and clean and the breakfast is very good. Depending on the location of the sights to visit someone can use his owned or rental car or public transport combined or not with hotel's bus. You need only 1,5 euro to get a 100 min. ticket and in normal conditions, about half an hour of driving or 40-45 min. of public transportation to Colosseo. However, traffic to Rome (by car) or to Rebibbia station (by bus) can be heavy. In general, I think that hotel Domidea is one of the cheapest options for a good and clean hotel at Rome.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 7 July 2013

The hotel is on the outskirts of Rome and if you are coming in a car is very hard to find from the GRA (Rome Ring Road). I am an experienced traveller and have good navigational skills but it was very had to find. A SatNav would have been useful. Best to get off at Junction 15 - La Rustica.

If coming by the Metro then not too bad but you have to get on the local bus from the Metro station. Takes about 35-40 minutes to get from the centre of Rome to the hotel by Metro and bus. Tickets cost €1.50, can get them from the bar by hotel.

Helpful staff, Free Fridge in the room, Free fast Wi-F in the rooms, Free safe in the room. Clean rooms, big bathroom. Linen changed on a regular basis. Towels changed every day. CCTV all over the hotel..Limited hotel parking but free on the road outside. Lots of storage space. There is a buzz of traffic everyday from 5am but the air conditioning drowns it out. Bus stop to Metro station 20 meters from hotel.

The TV in the room we had (basic room) did not have any English language channels on. If you like music like I do, then you are OK, MTV and M2o TV, Radio DeeJay TV - you can hear all the latest pop music tracks that are popular in Italy. Missed being able to see BBC World or any American TV News Channel which I though they might have had given the number of business visitors the hotel gets.

Breakfast is excellent - very fresh products - pasteries, cakes, tarts, bread, ham, cheese,fresh Orange juice etc. The only hot food is bolied egg and toast. The breakfast room is divided into sub sections, quite small breakfast room with 2 TV's - that are on all the time. This is usual for Italy, there always seems to be a TV on in the pizzaeria or breakfast room!

The bar is not open at the times stated - it closes down at 2100H on Sunday night, unable to get a coffee, alternative was the local bar on corner of main road.

Remember too that the tourist tax is €3.00 per person per night that is payable when you check out.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 June 2013

Great hotel for a visit to Rome. Free parking which we needed, a bit out of the city center but a quick but bumpy bus ride to the Rebibbia metro station and everything is easy to access by metro. Don't forget to flag the bus you want otherwise it will just drive past...

Clean, large rooms, good size bathroom and plenty of closet space. Breakfast is quite good with many options. The hotel location is a little questionable but generally feels safe.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank sunchaser54
Reviewed 8 May 2013

We stayed there for few days in last August. Hotel is very new and modern. (it is only couple years old). For some people location might be deal breaker, you won't get a room with the view in there. Most of the rooms have windows overlooking inside patio. But that's probably the only minus. Rooms are very modern and quite spacious, with very well furnished/finished bathrooms. Breakfast is served in 2 places: breakfast room and reception bar. In the bar you are getting barist service for duration of the breakfast. Coffes are just amazing, especially Marocchino. Bus stop is just outside hotel. It takes few minutes to get to metro (subway) station. There is also complimentary bus shuttle service. By metro you can get to all main attractions in Rome. It takes about 15 minutes to get to Colloseum. You can buy tickets next to bus stop. Nearly next door there is "discount" grocery supermarket. Bottle of water is just 15cent for 1,5 litre. For those with bit higher budget next door there is one of the best reviewed restaurants in Rome - FIL (Food is Love). If traveling by car hotel is very closeto motorway, which makes is very easy accessible.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple