“Bed bug infestation - HORRIBLE”
Review of Rona Resort

Rona Resort
Ranked #2,715 of 3,620 Rome B&B and Inns
Australia
“Bed bug infestation - HORRIBLE”
Reviewed 20 March 2011

We stayed here for two days. During the first night, I woke to a rash of bites on my back. I informed the hotel reception, who would not move me to another room (I have no reason to doubt that they were full). By morning, my husband and I were both covered in revolting bites on our faces, back and stomach. I checked the mattress and discovered that there were dubiuos black specks on the mattress, which made me want to check along side the bed, where I found revoltingly well fed bed bugs - DISGUSTING! When I spoke with management the following morning, she suggested that I could change hotels and there was nothing she could do for me and that she was sorry we had been bitten (she did not sound shocked about the bed bugs). I asked whether I could change rooms, and they agreed to move us into another room, which was small and dark. The breakfast the following morning was a small "croissant" in a bag and a coffee. The location was not particularly convenient, and between the street noise at night, the bed bugs and the unhelpful management I was very disappointed. Unless you don't mind the thought of being bitten by bugs as you sleep, avoid this place. I question the other reviews to date, which may have been written by the bed bugs themselves as they are the only ones guaranteed a good night and a great meal at this dump.

Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Aussiehappytraveler

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
  • Hungarian first
Bucharest, Romania
Reviewed 13 December 2010

What I liked the most was the fact that the room and the bathroom were clean. I did not liked that the room was very small, we could not close the window, and it was preety cold during the night. The employees were friendly and helpful. The breakfast was awaful but there is a great store nearby that has great italian specialities. It is preety close to the center, about 20 minutes by subway. I believe it was a fair deal for the money we paid. I would come back again to this hotel.

• Stayed October 2010
Bremen, Germany
Reviewed 1 November 2010

a very nice hotel, you feel good there, everybody is very friendly,
also to children (my son is 11)
you need only 2 mitutes to the next metrostation and
on the next corner you find coffeeshops and supermarket,
the rooms are nice and also the breakfast. You have breakfast in your room.
Sleeping is ok., rom is very loud, but when you shut the windows it´s o.k.
we hope that we can go back here later.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank karola1804
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 1 November 2010

The Hotel is absolutely perfect, from Fiumicino Airport you can take a train to the Hotel (8,00€). The main Metro Line is not even 5 Minutes away from the Hotel and brings you to all major sights in about 15 Minutes.

The staff is really, really friendly and good in english, the rooms are really nice and clean, we even got our own balcony. Room Service and Breakfast in your room is great and included :)

I definitely recommend it, lots of supermarkets, small markets and restaurant near the Hotel to eat.

Thank you for the great stay to the whole team

• Stayed October 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank ViktoriaSw
Romania
Reviewed 8 October 2010

When we arrive at the hotel we didn't expect to be in a block of flats so we were a little bit disapointed..but when we saw our room we were absolutly excited. The room was very clean and very friendly, not like other hotel rooms wich are very cold and hostile. the only problem is that this hotel is a little bit far from city center but with the metro you can get from center in about 20-25 minutes.
I really recommend this hotel for everybody!

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Claudia_GMT
bombay
Reviewed 21 September 2010

The hotel is a residential neighbourhood and 250m away from the metro station. The rooms are sizeable with all the facilities one could want - closet, AC, nice big beds, free WiFi, clean and spacious washrooms. The breakfast served was basic but filling. Each room also came with a small verandah. There was no TV though in the rooms. The security was also upto the mark. One of the best hotels for anyone travelling to Rome for a short stay.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank oncethegrey
Hasselt, Belgium
Reviewed 13 September 2010

Arriving very late on thursdayevening, we were welcomed very warm by the staff. The hotel was very cozy, clean and comfortable. Breakfast in our room was from good quality, the service was as well. Enough supermarkets, restaurants, shops in the near neighborhood. Not too far from the important cultural locations to visit. (Enough public transport nearby: bus - subway - train...)
I would definitely recommend this to people with either business or pleasure purposes.

Yavuz & Anil