“Amazing!”

Sotto il Sole di Roma
Ranked #457 of 3,780 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 9 September 2012

I spent 3 days in this place, and I can't say anythng bad!
Nice, warm, helpful staff, room big with a nice view on the main street. Bathroom and room are really clean! Breakfast is also really good, and Raul give us all the best suggestion about restaurant, and places to visit. We will back soon!
Thank you to all your staff!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 8 September 2012

I loved staying at this wonderful gem! I took a local bus from Termini train station and walked a short distance from the bus stop to the B&B. Upon my arrival, I was greeted by Raul, who informed me there was a problem with my room, but that alternate arrangements were made for me to stay in another B&B overnight. The next day I checked in and my room was ready. It's in a great proximity for getting around to different parts of Rome to see various sites. I walked to locations most of the time, but there is also public transportation available within 10 minutes from the B&B. I always felt comfortable walking around the neighborhood at night. I already planned most of my trip, but Raul was extremely helpful in directing how to get around the city and made suggestions for scenic walking routes or local activities. The day before I left, Raul made a cab reservation for me, so that I would be picked up and taken to the train station to make my early flight.

Without a doubt, I would stay here again and highly recommend it to anyone visiting Rome! Many thanks for a enjoyable first visit to Italy!!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 September 2012

Amazing and cheap place, great service, and great staff!!
Room was spacious and with all comfort! Raul was very helpful with me and my wife, he organized tour at the Vatican and at the Colosseum for us.
Breakfast is international and with fresh products like croissant cereals and many more.
We'll come back for our next trip in this wonderfull city!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 June 2012

We stayed at Sotto il Sole di Roma for 4 nights. Our taxi transfer was arranged via Raul from Leonardo Da Vinci airport which was a total of 60 euros (for 4 people).

Upon arrival, we were greeted by Abu who was a friendly chap and showed us to our rooms.

Our first impressions/expectations, having read previous reviews on here were good. We noticed immediately the rooms had as per description aircon which was already ON and fully working!

As mentioned, the rooms are plain, simple but kept very clean. All the essentials one would expect from a B&B.

After a good 4 nights sleep, we all agreed and came to the same conclusion. This has to be the most comfortable bed/mattress away from our own home.

Our continental breakfast was basic but suited our needs. Raul, Carmela & Mario supplied us with copious amounts of English breakfast tea, coffee (caffeinated & decaf), croisants, toast, cereal, pastries etc etc.

Having been to Rome twice already and this being my third, I can genuinely say this is the best stay in Rome thus far.

I have no hesitation in recommending Sotto to friends and family. And will definitely be returning here again in the near future. We miss it already...

A huge thanks to Raul, Carmela, Mario & Abu for making our stay so wonderful. We all enjoyed our chats/laughs during breakfast and not forgetting all your assistance/guidance of Rome. Your local knowledge was indeed invaluable!

Grazie Mille!

Richard (Ricardo) & Tracey (Teresa) ;)

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Richard S
Reviewed 25 May 2012

We could not have been more happy with our experience at this B&B! Raul and Mario were amazing! Raul was very helpful with everything. The rooms were clean and well kept. The location was great and we felt very safe walking around by ourselves at night. I highly recommend Sotto il Sole di Roma to anyone traveling to Rome!

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank winepr0
Reviewed 9 May 2012

Stayed for just one night, so it was livable. Very plain decor. The bed was comfortable. Dark halls, minimal lighting. Breakfast was disappointing. Stale croissant. Packaged snacks. Weak coffee. Raul, the owner is nice and tries to be helpful when he is there. Wi-fi worked fine. Decent view from my window. Nice residential neighborhood. Long walk to the main sights. But close to the Vatican. You can hop on the bus which is close by. Also close is a shuttle bus to the airport for 8 euro each. Price was reasonable.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank Pinksky77
Reviewed 24 April 2012

A great thank you to Raul, that help us to let be our honeymoon wonderful!

We spent 3 days in Sotto il Sole di Roma, room was spacious and clean, breakfast with a lot of fresh croissant, cereals, jam, chocolate and more.

We were really sad to leave, but we have to continue our trip.
anyway, next time that we'll be in Rome, we'll stay in this beatiful and comfortable place.
Thank you again!