“Forum and Coliseum”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Eternal Tours

Eternal Tours
Ranked #432 of 767 Tours in Rome
More attraction details
Owner description: High quality Vatican tours and specialist tours of Rome at very competitive prices. We illuminate the classic sights of Rome which have fascinated and enthralled generations of visitors down the years. Our focus is affordable private Rome tours for everyone.
Baltimore, Maryland
“Forum and Coliseum”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 March 2014

Ivana was an incredibly knowledgeable and informative guide. She is an archeologist by training and clearly loves her subject. And she loves giving tours! She used a book of images to help us visualize what the Forum would have looked like in ancient times - really changed our appreciation for what we were seeing. She was also great at engaging my thirteen year-old son. And Eternity was very accommodating when I asked to change the date of our tour. All in all, they couldn't have been better. Well worth the price of the tour!

Visited March 2014

Upland, California
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Three Great Rome tours”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 March 2013

My family took three tours from Eternal Tours:

On March 19, 2013 we took the Rome at night tour with Mario. Mario was very knowledgeable and energetic and told us the history of the Spanish steps, the rivalry between the two main architects at the time and we saw many beautiful structure in Rome like the Trevi fountain. Rome at night has its own beauty at night and this tour is much recommended. This tour is a walking tour and may be hard for the elderly and small children.

On March 20, 2013 we took the Vatican tour with Cynzia, who was also amazing. She explained which religious figures are painted by the cloths or objects they are carrying and this helped to decode these religious paintings whose meaning were a mystery to me for many years until the explanation by Cynzia. Cynzia also told us the meaning of the nine main panels on the Cisteine Chapel, showing God forming light and day to the middle panels showing the creation of Adam and Eve, the temptation of the apple and banishment from Eden to the latter panels showing Noah's flood. This was the most intellectually stimulating tour due to the large amount of art and Cynzia giving meaning of the art. This tour has a lot of walking and was very difficult for my elderly mother but Cynzia was very kind for getting my mother a wheelchair and she also waited for us to catch up with her.

On March 21 2013 we went to the Forum, Colluseum and Palatine Hill tour with Luca. Luca is an archeologist and was perfect to explain the history of these three places. HIs explanation of the history of the places was very detailed and energetic. It was cool to see where Ceasar was assassinated in the Senate building. Luca was also willing to field questions and gave very detailed answers. The Palatine Hill has a lot of walking and climbing stairs and I let my elderly mother skip this portion of the tour. The only negative in this tour was that my mother's purse was pick pocketed in the Colloseum and she lost $580. We were able to find the missing wallet from her purse the next day at the carabenieri station at Cielomontana street with the money missing but the credit cards and drivers licence still present. They should be signs in the Coloseum warning of pickpockets like they have at the Louvre in Paris. This is not a fault of Luca nor Eternal tours.

This was the best tour company I have been to. It could be better by picking up people from the hotel and having the meeting place closer to the Vatican museum so elderly people don't need to walk too far. Otherwise it is a perfect tour company.

Visited March 2013
2 Thank rizibo
London, United Kingdom
21 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Most informed guide for Vatican visit”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 October 2012

I just wanted to add my review to others here. We had a wonderful guide who was very well informed and made our visit to to the Vatican. It was my 3rd visit and was my best by far. Our guide knew many interesting amusing and interesting facts which really made our visit to Rome. I can't recommend Eternal Tours enough

Visited September 2012
1 Thank traveltipschris
San Francisco, California, United States
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Vatican tour with Cynzia, Enthrallinf”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 25 June 2012

This is simply the best our I've ever been on. Cynzia was unbelievably knowledgeable. She answered every question with precise, detailed answers. She provided an unbelievable amount of historic context for each of the pieces we saw. I was impressed by the way she built up our "renaissance art alphabet" toolkit before we got to the Sistine chapel so that we had a better appreciation for what we were seeing. For someone coming in with very little knowledge or appreciation of renaissance art, I was impressed, moved, and enthralled. More than anything, I appreciated her deep knowledge of the personal history of each of the individual artists to help us understand how they developed their aesthetic over time.

One note. The earsets were INVALUABLE. Every tour should include these. It allowed Cynzia "to be in our heads." And most importantly, we didn't have to strain to hear. No question in my mind that this helped us to maintain a high level of interest in the tour.

I've never been a big believer in tours, but I am going to book an Eternal Tour for Florence (our next leg). Any reccomendations on the right tour guide?

Visited June 2012
2 Thank Malcolm Y
Kansas City, Missouri
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Rome at Night with Gabriel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 January 2012

We took the Rome at Night tour with Gabriel. Pitch the fancy shoes and wear the comfortable ones. Our family, 2 daughters enjoyed the tour. Lots of walking, but Gabriel made it very entertaining and kept a comfortable pace. For our first visit to Rome, we thought this would be a great way to safely walk around and get acquainted with the city. Great choice. Gabriel pointed out a number of unique back alley points of interest that added a lot of color to Rome, in addition to the main attractions.

It rained in buckets that night and Gabriel kept on without hesitation. Very memorable as we were all soaking wet afterwards and had very little company as all the smart people were inside.

Well worth the money and I would encourage this group tour the first first evening of opportunity. We felt very comfortable walking everywhere after this tour.

Visited July 2011