“Surburb area, far from the centre but well connected by metros”

Bed And Breakfast La Porta
Ranked #1,219 of 3,779 Rome B&B and Inns
Reviewed 22 April 2011

Upon arrival, greeted by the staff. very helpful but speak very little english. having hard time to communicate even to ask for a kettle! We have to show her the picture! the room is average. the b&b owns also la porta auto located nearby b&b.. good landmark if we get lost. the train station about 10-15mins walk (bologna station) connecting to termini central station. a lot of bus but need to really understand transportation system here for easy travel.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Misz S

Reviewed 26 March 2011

This hotel has a great location close to several different metro stops and near many restaurants that are not priced for tourists but are priced for locals so they are cheaper, also this B&B is in a college district of Rome so there are lots of low prices places to eat. There is also a market area about 5 blocks away where there are tons of fresh fruits and vegetables daily. The price of this B&B is awesome, and is the best deal I have found in Rome! I have been to Rome 5 times and this is my hotel of choice. The rooms are great, clean and big. There is free internet as well which is a total plus. To get breakfast you get tickets for the cafe next door which has excellent cappuccino and brioche (an Italian breakfast).

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 January 2011

My husband stayed at this B&B for 8 days while in Rome. Here's what he has to say:

"Well, what do you want me to say - it was a very good location, easy access to subway, walking distance to Tiburtina train station, staff friendly, polite, helpful, ensured privacy, no curfew, very large room, double bed, clean, large bathroom, kitchen sink with microwave and cutlery, glasses. They have free internet, and there is a computer that you can use for free in the office area. When I first got there, there was no one there, but I went to the La Porta garage next door, and they called someone who came immediately. I would recommend that you let them know what time you would be arriving. For breakfast they give you coupon for the bar around the corner. You get to mingle with the locals and talk to them while you drink your cappuccino. Although the owners do no speak much English, I don't think there would be a problem staying there if you had no Italian. You cannot beat the price for the service you get."

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank JenAnnB
Reviewed 15 November 2010

Very nice BB, excellent rooms, nice location (one can easily get centre with metro or by bus), staff speaks very bad/no English, but that's not e big problem, they are very helpful, especially Damiana, breakfast is very basic, one corneto and cappuccino in the cafe close to BB, corneto is delicious :) I will recommend this BB to al my friends, it is the best place to have a nice stay and save money.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank WonderfWorldWanderer
Reviewed 28 October 2010

I hope this review doesn’t increase their rates, but this is the best value in Europe. Where else can you get a frig and microwave for such a cheap price in Europe? It was clean, modern, and new. The AC works. The rooms have private bathrooms & toilets.There’s free internet and the location is good. The city bus to Termini is nearby and the metro is 3 blocks away. They give you a receipt for free coffee and pastry at the local pastry shop on the corner. They will let you leave your luggage if you have to check out early before your flight.
The things wrong with this place were small insignificant things like no alarm clock or clocks in the room to let you know what time it is. I would’ve used glossy paint on the walls to prevent scuffs from people’s luggage, but it was one of the best inexpensive hotels I stayed at in Europe. On the web site it said check out was 11:30 am but the owner said it was 10:30. I could’ve used the extra hour, but I think they use a local woman who doesn’t like to work too long. They try to keep a low overhead by staffing half a day and then you just come and go as you wish. It’s a side business for them but it’s a great place to stay for the value and if no emergencies come up like getting locked out of your room. I definitely will stay here again and longer

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Anthony_DAustin_Tx
Reviewed 30 September 2010

The bad: I book online and I received an email confirming my reservation 2 single beds one room. I called the day before to make sure everything was alright and they send me an email with instructions of how to get there via Metro.
When I arrive at noon the lobby was closed I called and they told me "I be there in 10 minutes" 10 Min=30 min. That’s fine for me. The lady open the room and show me one full bed and gave me the keys and said “I know that you want 2 single beds but I gave the room to another person that arrived before you …can you sleep in the same bed with your friend and tomorrow I give you the correct room”. OMG, anyways I said no can do, you please tell me another place close from here and she just look at me no answer. Now here I 'am wondering in the streets finding another place and I found another B&B Internouno. I called and the guy had only one night wonderful suite for 15 euro more two different rooms and TV/computer/online outstanding place. Stayed one night came back the next day to my correct room in La Porta. At the check out the owner came and gave me the 15 euro extra that I paid in the other B&B.
The good: Good location like 3 blocks away from the train station and we walk to the college area for the nightlife. Clean and quiet and they have a computer in the lobby with free Internet, the reception is available only if you call first there was never a person standby in the desk. They give you a ticket for the closest Cafe to get a coffee and a croissant.
Rome amazing enjoy your vacation

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
5  Thank ovniologo
Reviewed 13 November 2009

Excellent location, cosy&spacious rooms, reasonable price. All equipment is new and nice. Huge beds. We were staying for 2 nights, 2 couples with 2 kids. Everybody was delighted!

• Stayed: May 2009, travelled with family