“Massively overpriced for average quality”
Review of Panella

Panella
Ranked #454 of 777 Dessert in Rome
Cuisines: Italian, Street Food
Good for: Bar Scene, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, After-hours, Buffet, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Neighbourhood: Esquilino
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Having read the reviews I was disappointed in the quality of the baking. The items I had were fine, but I've had better elsewhere. You also have to put this in the context of extortionate prices for what you get. There is lots of choice in bakery products, but I would have been happier with a smaller number of truly excellent items. Alternatively, keep the quality the same and drop the cost considerably. I would give this one a miss.

2  Thank ferry41

Reviewed 27 July 2014

My 12 year old daughter and I spotted the wonderful artistic breads in the window when we walked by and decided to try eating there. We were simply delighted by the buffet style offerings, just lovely tastes. We could not believe how reasonable the bill was at the end because we had paid more than this for a very average meal nearby the day before. The cocktails were fabulous looking, we had nonalcohonoic ones and they were delicious. The service was charming and helpful and we were made to feel very spoiled.

1  Thank iamchezzer
Reviewed 7 July 2014

I had a 2-gelato per day minimum while in Rome, so we stopped here one night while walking back to our B&B. The gelato was good, service seemed friendly, and there were some lovely, creative breads on display on the inside. The outside patio was very nice and clean.

1  Thank LadyDarcy
Reviewed 5 July 2014

Excellent place to go for cocktails and cake. We did not have the self service buffet as we had eaten but the food looked really good and the desert we had was delicious . Would highly recommend. Great for a fresh loaf as well!

1  Thank Samuelbrom
Reviewed 27 June 2014 via mobile

My family and i have visited this place twice in two days!! The pastries and coffee were amazing (try the zabliogne in your macchiato). We also tried the aranchini (rice balls) and the zucchini fritters which were also great! The prices are cheaper if you sit inside at the bar rather than take a table outside but it wasn't expensive. Well worth a visit or two....

1  Thank crossfitmum

Been to Panella? Share your experiences!