“No longer a restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of La Cisterna - CLOSED

La Cisterna
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Good for: Groups, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Child-friendly, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, After-hours, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Neighbourhood: Trastevere
Martinsburg, West Virginia
“No longer a restaurant”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 October 2013

We went looking for this restaurant last week. It is no longer a restaurant but is now a hotel. Such a shame since we were referred to this restaurant and told how wonderful it was.

Visited October 2013
2 Thank MaryKathleen21259

Vancouver, Canada
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“What happened to la cisterna?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 June 2013 via mobile

My husband and I have just returned to our hotel after trying to revisit La cisterna after 11 years
Imagine our disappointment when instead if a restaurant we found a hotel. I now see on trip adviser that someone thinks that is closed down, but where did those two reviewers go on June, 2013? Did the restaurant relocate? Their website is still up.
My ratings are based our visit in 2002

• Visited June 2013
1 Thank deidrea289
“Best meal of my life!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 June 2013

I'm surprised by some of the negative reviews because this was the best meal that I've ever eaten. I've been here twice and both times got the roasted rosemary lamb with potatoes. I think its a specialty of the house. My husband has cousins in Rome and they wanted to take us here so that really speaks to the quality of the food. The atmosphere was great and the old cistern in the basement is really worth a look.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank MartyGa
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“From Favorite Restaurant to Major Disappointment”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2012

I first dined at La Cisterna in 1988. I remember a hopping restaurant with great food, strolling musicians, and good service. I went back when in Italy for my honeymoon in 2000, and it still was very good. In August 2011 however, I went there with my family of 4 and was very disappointed with the food portions and prices. We paid a fortune for 4 entrees and 4 soft drinks. We arrived at 7:00 and were the first ones there. The strolling musician was indifferent about performing and got frustrated and stopped when a loud motorcycle zipped by. Although the pasta dishes my sons had were tasty, the portions were incredibly small for the price we paid. We litterally stopped for a few slices of pizza on the way home to top off our appetites! WIth tip we spent about $130 which was outrageous. The great salad/antipasta bar was gone, as was the charming musicians, the plentiful food and top-notch service. Maybe we just caught them on an off-night, I hope so because I truly love Rome and heretofore have always considered this my favorite restaurant in Italy. My visit in 2011 was a bad memory, but I will likely give them one more chance next time I am in town if for no better reason than because I am so nostalgic. We did go down the cellar to see the cistern which was very interesting and probably the highlight of the expensive experience. Please get your act together La Cisterna, Rome might be eternal but your eatery is not.

• Visited August 2011
3 Thank Edward M
Dublin, Ireland
“breathtaking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 February 2012

busy with queues but well worth the wait. A once in a life time experience

Visited February 2012