“Heart of Rome Guest House was perfect!”
Review of Casa Romana

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Casa Romana
Ranked #27 of 1,133 Speciality Lodging in Rome
Reviewed 15 June 2011

We stayed in Fulvia's second location, Heart of Rome Guest House, for five days. This apartment was perfectly located three minutes from the Colosseum and right around the corner from the metro. The apartment was in a newly renovated and beautiful building which was quiet, clean and very safe. The neighbourhood had everything we could ever ask for and the was the perfect place to stay. Fulvia was a perfect host and helped us with many sights, transportation and was kind enough to go back to her house and return with a power converter as we had forgotten ours at our last hotel. The apartment was very large and the bed was about twice the size of any other you would find in Europe. This apartment is the best value in all of Rome and we highly recommend it to anybody staying in Rome.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Casa Romana

Reviewed 15 June 2011

I stayed at casa romana in jan 2011 for 4 nights and had a great time. The little hotel is located very close to Rome Termini and in a safe area.

Fulvia was an exellent hostess, extremely helpful and always up for chat. She gave me her number in case I needed any help or advice and always responded very quickly. She provided a breakfast catered to what I liked every morning and was always on hand to provide me with anything I needed.

The rooms are very clean, comfortable, modern and very reasonably priced - which is difficult to find in rome!

On the whole my experience here really made my trip to Rome that much more enjoyable and I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled solo
Reviewed 5 June 2011

Fulvia saved my life when I ended up stranded alone in Rome on Easter weekend after flight delays threw a monkey wrench into my travel plans. Everything was full and I was exhausted from 24 hours of travel. When I called Casa Roma, it was full but Fulvia met me and took me to a nearby B&B, going the extra mile to ensure that I, and then a friend who was also stranded and spoke no Italian, were taken care of. I look forward to staying at Casa Roma on a future visit! Thank you so much, Fulvia!!

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled solo
2  Thank Applegirl_11
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Me and my husband stayed in Casa Romana for 5 nights in May 2011. We chose it as we were looking for a clean, affordable place near the Termini station. We were not disappointed. It is a mere 5 min. walk from the Termini from where had a very easy and convenient access to buses and metro. The neighbourhood is very lively and safe having quite a few restaurants and cafes. The owner is a very warm hostess and very knowledgeable about the city.

We stayed in room no.3 which is in comparison more spacious than the remaining two rooms as it has a little lobby with a closet and a mini fridge in it. The room as well as the bathroom were well styled and cleaned everyday. Daily breakfast was served in the lobby of the B&B and consisted of croissants, pastries, bread, butter, jams, cold cuts, yogurt, juice and coffee. This was the best breakfast we were served during our 24 day stay in Italy. We are tea drinkers- so Fulvia had kept a milk carton in our fridge and also tea bags. We could make our tea any time of the day and found it very convenient. There is no breakfast room, so either you eat it buffet style or take your plates in your room.

Overall, I would rate this B&B as well located, clean, modern, well serviced and very good value for money. Although a little tight in terms of space. We felt that the room could do with some shelves and hooks.

I would certainly return here and recommend it to my friends.

• Stayed: May 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Archiwalk
Reviewed 27 May 2011

Fulvia and her son were very kind to us and thought of everything - we had a clean, boutique-chic and comfortable room and enjoyed having fruit from the market with other breakfast treats. Their local recommendation for dinner was great too. Stay here, you won't be sorry! The corner store on the road to Termini station also sells great gelato by the serving - it's hard to find bad food in Rome. I also highly recommend Rome in the wintertime - the weather was lovely and mild but the city and its main attractions were still pretty busy. I can't imagine what it's like with summer tourists!

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AandHLondon
Reviewed 23 May 2011

My husband and I stayed at Casa Romana when we were in Rome for our honeymoon. The owner, Fulvia and her son, Federico are very nice people. They really take very good care of their guests and Federico even offered to send us to sightsee when the room wasn't ready. If there is a star rating system for B&B, I will definitely rate it as a 5 stars B&B.

The room is also very pleasant. Though rooms face the road, the thoughtful owners invested in double glazed windows to cut out noise.

Look no further, Casa Romana is the place to stay in!

• Stayed: May 2011
Reviewed 12 May 2011

We spent 2nts here from Monday to Wednesday at the end of March. We were in London visiting family for 10 days, so decided to jump on a quick EasyJet flight over to Rome from Gatwick and enjoy this amazing city.

We arrived at Fiumicino Airport from where we took the Leonardo Express train to the main Termini Station in the center of Rome. This was about a 40 minute quick journey.

From there, we simply followed the directions on the Casa Romana website, and walked to the property....only took 15minutes. (NOTE: The train track for the train to the airport is about 15mins away, HOWEVER walking from Casa Romana to the Termini Bus station or Subway station is literally 5 minutes).

Fulvia, who is the owner/host of Casa Romana met us at the property to let us in, and show us around. NOTE: Fulvia is a VERY friendly and helpful lady....she was extremely helpful in telling us where to go to eat, sightsee etc, and she does a wonderful job of keep her guests happy.

Casa Romana is in a apartment building a couple of short flight of stairs up. It is literally a 3br apartment that has been converted very tastefully in to 3 Bed & Breakfast rooms. There was another couple from Singapore and Austria there at the same time as us.

The beds were comfortable, the room and bath/toilets were very clean.

We arrived on Monday at around 12pm at Casa Romana, and Fulvia suggested that we go to the Vatican and see the cathedral, museum, sistine chapel etc (took about 4hrs in total), then from there we went to the Piazza Navona for some evening drinks and dinner.

Taking the subway in Rome is efficient and cheap....like 2Euros p/p per ride. We enjoy walking so did ALOT of walking as the beauty of Rome is to walk the streets, get lost in the old cobblestone alleys and really take in the history and beauty of this city.

Spanish steps by night, Trevi Fountains, Collesium etc is all worth doing.

We were there from Monday afternoon to Wednesday Afternoon, so 2 full days in perfect to see the city and take it's beauty in.

Definitely recommend visiting Roma and would definitely recommend staying at Casa Romana as it offers 4 star quality at 1 star prices!

Room Tip: Go to the Casa Romana website and book directly.
  • Stayed: March 2011, travelled as a couple